Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Welcome to our guide that covers Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Hunters by Each Covenant
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting you forward, increasing your movement speed for a short time.
- Hunter Ability — Wild Spirits evokes the energy of Wild Spirits which apply Hunter's Mark to nearby enemies. It also makes your/your pet's single-target damage-dealing abilities hit more targets.
Best Covenants for Hunters
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Hunter spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Hunter Covenant Ability
Resonating Arrow: Fire a resonating arrow to the target location that deals (20% of Attack Power) Arcane damage and fill the area with echoing anima for 10 seconds. The effect causes your attacks to ignore line of sight to enemies in the area, and you have 30% increased critical strike change against them. Leaving the area of echoing anima will still allow the hunter to ignore line of sight towards the enemy for 4 seconds. (Instant, 40-yard range, 60-second cooldown).
Night Fae Hunter Covenant Ability
Wild Spirits: Evoke the energy of Wild Spirits at the target location, dealing (25% of Attack Power) Nature damage and apply Hunter's Mark to all enemy targets within the area for 15 seconds. While the Wild Spirits are active, each damaging ability you or your pet use against a target in the area will strike up to 5 nearby targets for (38.5% of Attack Power) Nature damage. (Instant, 40-yard range, 2-minute cooldown)
Necrolord Hunter Covenant Ability
Death Chakram: Throw a deadly chakram at your current target that will rapidly deal (27.5% of Attack Power) Shadow damage up to 7 times, bouncing to other targets if they are nearby. Each time the chakram deals damage, its damage is increased by 15% and you generate 3 Focus. (Instant, 40-yard range, 2-minute cooldown)
Venthyr Hunter Covenant Ability
Flayed Shot: Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to bleed for (250% of Attack Power) Shadow damage over 20 seconds. Each time Flayed Shot deals damage, you have a 15% chance to gain Flayer's Mark, causing your next Kill Shot to be free and usable on any target, regardless of their current health. (Instant, Costs 10 Focus, 40-yard range, 30-sec cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Updated Wild Spirits tooltip for Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!