Mage Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Welcome to our guide that covers Mage Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Mages by Each Covenant
- Signature Ability — Summon Steward calls your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity.
- Mage Ability — Radiant Spark causes Arcane damage and increases the damage taken on the target.
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting you forward, increasing your movement speed for a short time.
- Mage Ability — Shifting Power deals Nature damage over time and reduces your ability cooldowns while channeling.
- Signature Ability — Fleshcraft provides an absorption shield and increases damage taken.
- Mage Ability — Deathborne transforms you into a Skeletal Mage, greatly enhancing your Arcane Blast, Frostbolt, and Fireball.
- Signature Ability — Door of Shadows teleports you to a targeted location.
- Mage Ability — Mirrors of Torment conjures mirrors that deal Shadow damage and reduce movement and cast speed whenever the target casts a spell.
Best Covenants for Mages
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Mage spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Mage Covenant Ability
Radiant Spark: Conjure a radiant spark that causes (91.2% of Spell Power) Arcane damage instantly, and an additional (49.5% of Spell Power) Arcane damage over 10 seconds. The target takes 10% increased damage from your direct damage spells, stacking each time they are struck. This effect ends after 4 spells. (1.5-second cast, Costs 2% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 30-second cooldown)
Night Fae Mage Covenant Ability
Shifting Power: Draw power from the ground beneath, dealing (212.2% of Spell Power) Nature damage over 4 seconds to enemies within 18 yards. While channeling, your Mage ability cooldowns are reduced by 10 seconds over 4 seconds. (4-second cast, Costs 5% of Base Mana, 45-second cooldown)
Necrolord Mage Covenant Ability
Deathborne: Transform into a powerful skeletal mage for 25 seconds. While in the form of a skeletal mage, your Frostbolt, Fireball, and Arcane Blast hit up to 2 enemies near your target and your spell damage is increased by 15%. (1.5-second cast, Costs 5% of Base Mana, 3-minute cooldown)
Venthyr Mage Covenant Ability
Mirrors of Torment: Conjure 3 mirrors to torment the enemy for 25 seconds. Whenever the target attacks, casts a spell, or uses an ability, a mirror is consumed to inflict (60% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, and their movement and cast speed are slowed by 15%. This effect cannot be triggered more often than once per 6 seconds. The final mirror will instead inflict (151% of Spell Power) Shadow damage to the enemy, Rooting and Silencing them for 4 seconds.
- Arcane: Whenever a mirror is consumed you gain Clearcasting.
- Fire: Whenever a mirror is consumed your Fire Blast cooldown is reduced by 6 seconds.
- Frost: Whenever a mirror is consumed you gain Brain Freeze.
(1.5 second cast, Costs 4% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 1.5-minute cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35938.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Reviewed for Beta Build 35522.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Shifting Power changes added.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2