Subtlety Rogue Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands 9.0.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Use Fast or Slow Off-Hand Weapons?
Use a dagger in off-hand, unless you have a slow weapon that is around 40 item levels higher than your dagger.
Does Our Stat Priority Change on Multi-Target?
On multiple targets, Mastery gains more value while Haste loses some. This is due to a larger portion of our damage coming from finishers on AoE and the accelerated resource gain diminishes the value of Haste.
How Much Haste Should Subtlety Rogues Have? / Is there a Haste Cap?
For Subtlety, there is no Haste breakpoint/cap.
Which Race or Racial Ability is the Best for Subtlety Rogue?
The DPS differences between the races are fairly minimal. The best races for DPS on Horde are Pandaren, Undead and Blood Elf. For Alliance Void Elf, Night Elf and Dwarf are the best.
You can see a ranked list of all the Racials on our Simulations page.
What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, Legendaries, trinkets and talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents, for example. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
How Much of X Stat Should I Have?
For the most part, there is no set "amount" of any stat that you should have. There are also no stat goals or particular distributions of stats that you want to aim for. It is very common for people to overestimate the importance of having the "right" secondaries, when in reality, having a higher quantity of stats will almost always beat having "better" stats. Having 120 of your worst stat is often better than having 100 of your best stat, since the differences in value are not as big as many people think.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Removed mentions of Azerite armor and updated the page accordingly for release of Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes