Subtlety Rogue Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Dragonflight 10.0.7. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Use Fast or Slow Off-Hand Weapons?
Use a dagger in off-hand, unless you have a slow weapon that is around 20 item levels higher than your dagger. The reason for this is that Shadow Techniques procs more often with a fast off-hand.
Does Our Stat Priority Change on Multi-Target?
On multiple targets, Mastery gains more value while Haste loses some. This is due to a larger portion of our damage coming from finishers on AoE and the accelerated resource gain diminishes the value of Haste.
How Much Haste Should Subtlety Rogues Have? / Is there a Haste Cap?
For Subtlety, there is no Haste breakpoint/cap.
Which Race or Racial Ability is the Best for Subtlety Rogue?
The DPS differences between the races are fairly minimal. The best race for DPS on Horde is Orc and for Alliance it is Mechagnome.
You can see a ranked list of all the Racials on our Simulations page.
What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, Legendaries, trinkets and talents in certain situations.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents, for example. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
How Much of X Stat Should I Have?
For the most part, there is no set "amount" of any stat that you should have. There are also no stat goals or particular distributions of stats that you want to aim for. It is very common for people to overestimate the importance of having the "right" secondaries, when in reality, having a higher quantity of stats will almost always beat having "better" stats. Having 120 of your worst stat is often better than having 100 of your best stat, since the differences in value are not as big as many people think.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1