Subtlety Rogue DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Subtlety Rogue, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Rogue enchants and consumables.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Subtlety Rogue
This page covers what are the best gems, enchants, food and flask to use as Subtlety Rogue. For more detailed explanations on how stats interact with each other in different scenarios, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
You should use one Leviathan's Eye of Agility and one Kraken's Eye of Agility in one of your sockets and either Deadly Jewel Cluster or Versatile Jewel Cluster in your other sockets depending on your stat weights.
The old main stat gems are still worth using for most players, but to be more accurate make sure to simulate your own character to see if they are better than the new gems for you.
Note that all four stats are close to each other for Subtlety, so if you have very little of certain stat, you might want to gem for that instead.
Best Enchants for Subtlety Rogue
Consumables for Subtlety Rogue
Best Flasks and Potions for Subtlety
Potion of Phantom Fire is the best pick for pure single-target, however at higher Item Levels Potion of Spectral Agility becomes better. Use Potion of Spectral Agility when you have more than 2 targets.
Spectral Flask of Power is our flask of choice.
Since Patch 8.0.1, Healthstones and Spiritual Healing Potion no longer share a cooldown with each other, which means that you can use both of them. It is also important to note that the Healing Potion is significantly stronger than Healthstones.
Best Food for Subtlety
Augment Runes for Subtlety
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Jan. 2021: Added note about Lightless Force for Mythic+ along with mention of Agility potion scaling with Item Level.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Adjusted formatting a little bit along with adding a paragraph regarding Agility gems.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Added cloak enchant.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Added mention of Kraken's Eye of Agility gem and updated recommended chest enchant.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated with new consumables for release of Shadowlands.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated recommended weapon enchants.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes