Subtlety Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
Subtlety Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Subtlety in Mythic+ revolves around burst windows with damage multipliers, such as Symbols of Death and Shadow Dance, using Shuriken Storm to generate more Combo Points than you normally would in a single-target scenario and spending them on different finishers, depending on the amount of targets you are fighting.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 2 page below.
Subtlety Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
In most situations, the rotation is same in Mythic+ and Raiding scenarios, however there are some conditionals especially in the opener with multiple targets. This page will mostly focus on the Mythic+ conditionals, so if you are looking for full rotation, make sure to check out the Rotation page below.
Rupture and Slice and Dice are not worth casting when you have 6 or more targets. If you have less than that, maintain Slice and Dice and Rupture only on priority targets that will live long enough for the whole duration of Rupture.
Subtlety Rogue Utility
- Shroud of Concealment provides Stealth to every nearby party member. This spell is often used to skip difficult or inefficient packs that you would otherwise have to deal with.
- Cloak of Shadows, Feint, and Cheat Death are a big part of what makes Rogue's good in Mythic+; their defensive abilities are the strongest in the game.
- Kidney Shot has gained more value since Battle for Azeroth with the reduced duration on all AoE stuns. It is one of the longest stuns in the game thus making it exceptionally useful when dealing with difficult mobs.
- Crippling Poison and Numbing Poison have their uses in Mythic+.
Mythic+ Talents for Subtlety Rogues
Talents suggested below are specifically for Mythic+, and will not be the same for most Raiding encounters. Make sure to read the Talents page to find out optimal talents for each scenario.
|15||✓ Weaponmaster||✓ Premeditation||✗ Gloomblade|
|25||✓ Nightstalker||✗ Subterfuge||✓ Shadow Focus|
|30||✗ Vigor||✓ Deeper Stratagem||✗ Marked for Death|
|35||✗ Soothing Darkness||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|40||✗ Shot in the Dark||✓ Night Terrors||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|45||✗ Dark Shadow||✗ Alacrity||✓ Enveloping Shadows|
|50||✓ Master of Shadows||✗ Secret Technique||✓ Shuriken Tornado|
Shuriken Tornado is the best option on AoE, especially if you are able to always have adds whenever it comes off cooldown.
Season 2 Tormented Affix
Tormented is the new seasonal level 10+ affix that introduces 4 new lieutenants that roam every dungeon. When a lieutenant dies, it provides an option of Anima Powers similiar to the mechanic in Torghast. For every lieutenant left alive, the final boss gains an extra aura that makes the fight more difficult. The Anima Powers are permanent buffs for the duration of the dungeon.
When planning routes, the goal will be to pick up as many lieutenants early to maximize the party's overall power level to trivialize as much of the dungeon as possible.
Tips for certain Mythic+ Affixes
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies' Health pools and damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high Health mobs if there are any. As a Subtlety Rogue, managing Bolstering will often be your main task due to how strong Subtlety is at equalizing Health pools of mobs — mainly due to high priority damage.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their max Health in damage every four seconds. Cloak of Shadows removes and prevents any Bursting stacks, so remember to use it when your group is about to reach high stacks. When handling the Bursting affix, ask how many stacks your healer can handle and try to not mindlessly DPS and exceed your healers stack limit.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Use Tricks of the Trade on your tank everytime you are engaging a new mob pack or boss to help them with threat.
- Finality is the best choice for Mythic+, as it is good on single-target and the best available choice for sustained AoE. On top of that, it also increases our priority damage even further.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is technically better for overall damage in Mythic+, but is weaker for single-target and priority damage, which is very important, especially with the seasonal affix Prideful.
If you are looking for more detailed information regarding Legendaries, jump into our dedicated Legendary Power page below:
Gear from Mythic+
When looking for upgrades, make sure to simulate your character on Raidbots, since upgrades vary on character by character basis, depending on many other factors.
You will find simulations for trinkets especially on our Gear page below to get a generic idea of what is worth looking out for.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Added description of new season 2 Affix along with note for Shuriken Tornado.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Mar. 2021: Updated talents and added paragraph regarding talent choices for Tyrannical and Fortified weeks.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added legendary recommendations for Mythic+ for release of Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Druid Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5
- The Death of 10 Man Competitive Raiding (Video)
- How to Catch Up on Companion XP in Patch 9.1.5
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40622 Class Changes
- Patch 9.1.5 and 9.2 Release Date Predictions
- Lightforged Ruinstrider (Lightforged Draenei Paladin Mount) in Patch 9.1.5
- Warlock Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40622)
- Shaman Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5