Subtlety Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.2.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
Subtlety Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Subtlety in Mythic+ revolves around burst windows with damage multipliers, such as Symbols of Death and Shadow Dance, using Shuriken Storm to generate more Combo Points than you normally would in a single-target scenario and spending them on different finishers, depending on the amount of targets you are fighting.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 2 page below.
Subtlety Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
In most situations, the rotation is same in Mythic+ and Raiding scenarios, however there are some conditionals especially in the opener with multiple targets. This page will mostly focus on the Mythic+ conditionals, so if you are looking for full rotation, make sure to check out the Rotation page below.
Rupture and Slice and Dice are not worth casting when you have 6 or more targets. If you have less than that, maintain Slice and Dice and Rupture only on priority targets that will live long enough for the whole duration of Rupture.
Subtlety Rogue Utility
- Shroud of Concealment provides Stealth to every nearby party member. This spell is often used to skip difficult or inefficient packs that you would otherwise have to deal with.
- Cloak of Shadows, Feint, and Cheat Death are a big part of what makes Rogue's good in Mythic+; their defensive abilities are the strongest in the game.
- Kidney Shot has gained more value since Battle for Azeroth with the reduced duration on all AoE stuns. It is one of the longest stuns in the game thus making it exceptionally useful when dealing with difficult mobs.
- Crippling Poison and Numbing Poison have their uses in Mythic+.
Mythic+ Talents for Subtlety Rogues
Talents suggested below are specifically for Mythic+, and will not be the same for most Raiding encounters. Make sure to read the Talents page to find out optimal talents for each scenario.
|15||✓ Weaponmaster||✓ Premeditation||✗ Gloomblade|
|25||✓ Nightstalker||✗ Subterfuge||✓ Shadow Focus|
|30||✗ Vigor||✓ Deeper Stratagem||✗ Marked for Death|
|35||✗ Soothing Darkness||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|40||✗ Shot in the Dark||✓ Night Terrors||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|45||✗ Dark Shadow||✗ Alacrity||✓ Enveloping Shadows|
|50||✓ Master of Shadows||✗ Secret Technique||✓ Shuriken Tornado|
Shuriken Tornado is the best option on AoE, especially if you are able to always have adds whenever it comes off cooldown.
9.2 Seasonal Affix: Encrypted
The Encrypted Affix will spawn three Relics on certain packs in the dungeon. These Relics buff the pack they are in, and should usually be killed as the highest priority.
Depending on the Relic that you kill first, you will get a buff once it does.
- Killing the Urh Relic first will grant you a 10-second stealth and 45-second movement speed boost via Decrypted Wo Cypher.
- Killing the Wo Relic first will grant you a 20% Haste buff for 45 seconds via Decrypted Vy Cypher.
- Killing the Vy Relic first will grant you a 25% cooldown recovery rate buff for 45 seconds via Decrypted Urh Cypher.
Legion Timewalking Affix: Infernal
During Legion Timewalking Events introduced in Patch 9.1.5, you are given the option to experience a number of Legion Mythic+ dungeons which also include the unique Infernal affix. This affix adds three Legion Beacons placed near specific bosses of each dungeon that will spawn a commander along with waves of additional enemies from the Burning Legion when activated. Each commander brings with it a set of unique abilities and reinforcements to fight.
Tips for certain Mythic+ Affixes
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies' Health pools and damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high Health mobs if there are any. As a Subtlety Rogue, managing Bolstering will often be your main task due to how strong Subtlety is at equalizing Health pools of mobs — mainly due to high priority damage.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their max Health in damage every four seconds. Cloak of Shadows removes and prevents any Bursting stacks, so remember to use it when your group is about to reach high stacks. When handling the Bursting affix, ask how many stacks your healer can handle and try to not mindlessly DPS and exceed your healers stack limit.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Use Tricks of the Trade on your tank everytime you are engaging a new mob pack or boss to help them with threat.
This assumes that you are already using your Covenant Specific Legendary as the other one.
- Finality is the best choice for Mythic+, as it is good on single-target and the best available choice for sustained AoE. On top of that, it also increases our priority damage even further.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is technically better for overall damage in Mythic+, but is weaker for single-target and priority damage, which is very important, especially with the seasonal affix Prideful.
If you are looking for more detailed information regarding Legendaries, jump into our dedicated Legendary Power page below:
Gear from Mythic+
When looking for upgrades, make sure to simulate your character on Raidbots, since upgrades vary on character by character basis, depending on many other factors.
You will find simulations for trinkets especially on our Gear page below to get a generic idea of what is worth looking out for.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Replaced Tormented description with the Encrypted.
- 02 Nov. 2021: Added Legion Timewalking affix description.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Added description of new season 2 Affix along with note for Shuriken Tornado.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Mar. 2021: Updated talents and added paragraph regarding talent choices for Tyrannical and Fortified weeks.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added legendary recommendations for Mythic+ for release of Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Patch 9.2.5 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Weeks 3 and 4
- Amazon Twitch Prime Rewards for WoW: Jewel of the Firelord
- Fourth Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Accepting Cross-Faction Invites Turns You Hostile to Everyone in PvP Brawls and Battlegrounds
- Level 70 Character Boost Coming in Wrath Classic?
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Beta Update 0.9.2
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 28th