Battle for Azeroth Level 120 Battle Guide (BfA 8.0.1)

Last updated on Oct 15, 2018 at 13:56 by Zagam 6 comments

Table of Contents

1. Introduction

Welcome to the Level 120 Battle Guide, which is intended to help you begin your Battle for Azeroth experience at maximum level that will empower your character's development into Kul Tiras and Zandalar!

NOTE: It is VERY important to not vendor any equipment you pick up. You will be deconstructing all of your gear for resources that will help you in the Warfronts to be fought! Deconstructing, or scrapping, your gear will be done using the Scrap-o-Matic 1000 if you are Alliance and the Shred-Master Mk1 if you are Horde. This works identical to how the Obliterum Forge worked in Legion. The scrapping feature can be used on all Battle for Azeroth equipment found, not just craftable equipment, so save everything you acquire for the scrapper!

2. A Whole Wide World — World Quests

Your first mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to begin your conquest over all of the World Quests available to you. Reputation is a major driver early in the expansion as many valuable rewards, profession patterns, and quests are only available with progressed reputations, particularly the 7th Legion for Alliance and The Honorbound for the Horde. At Friendly reputation, which you should be at if you completed the zone quests, the reputation quartermasters will offer a contract item that gives a quest that rewards reputation. Every day, you should complete the daily available emissary requirements to gain large amounts of reputation.

Note: you should acquire the Contract (Contract: Champions of Azeroth Icon Contract: Champions of Azeroth), which other players with the Inscription profession can create, that provides a buff granting 10 Champions of Azeroth reputation for each World Quest completed. This buff is permanent so long as you do not replace it with another contract for another faction. The bonus effect persists through death. This is very important to your character's progression as gains in this reputation increase the item level of your Heart of Azeroth Icon Heart of Azeroth by 15 levels for reaching Friendly, Honored, and Revered.

3. Daily Deeds — Daily Reset Objectives

Way more fun than doing household chores are the daily reset objectives available at Level 120. First up is your random Heroic! This will require item level 305, so be sure to be on the lookout for gear upgrades through World Quests and gear that becomes available as your reputation level rises. Easier, though, is finding four friends and manually traveling to the dungeons in order to farm the item level 325 gear inside. As your gear progresses and you need specific pieces of gear, consider finding friends who can trade you that piece of gear given, of course, that they do not need it!

Each day, an emissary quest will be available that will require you to complete World Quests in order to obtain a treasure box with loot and a large amount of reputation. You can have up to three of these emissaries active at any time before you miss out on one, so try to be sure to do these each day or at least once every three days. It is incredibly important that players ensure they always prioritize the Champions of Azeroth emissary, as the reputation is directly linked to your power level, via the Heart of Azeroth Icon Heart of Azeroth. That said, all of the emissaries are incredibly important to do as they reward 1,500 reputation points for the faction represented in the emissary quests. This 1,500 reputation is by far the most time efficient method of grinding reputation as long as the emissary quests are up.

After you complete your emissary caches, start prioritizing World Quests that give you the largest power gain if you cannot do all of the World Quests. Doing all of the World Quests will be the fastest way to level your reputation with all of the factions. Doing World Quests in Kul Tiras as Horde and Zandalar as Alliance will reward the very important 7th Legion and Honorbound reputations, which unlock new content as your reputation levels increase. This is important for unlocking an extra Mythic level dungeon for each faction, too! In summary for World Quests, do them all.

If you cannot do all World Quests, prioritize as follows:

  1. World Quests that give gear upgrades first;
  2. World Quests for the Champions of Azeroth second;
  3. and everything else after.

Remember that revered reputation for each faction allows for purchase of a 335 piece of gear while exalted allows for the purchase of a piece of 350 gear!

Each day, you should progress your mission table champions by completing missions. This is a lucrative way to farm bonus reputation tokens and other types of loot. Each of the previous expansion's mission tables have been lucrative ways to farm gold, as well. By continuing to progress your mission table, you open up the potential to earn high amounts of gold later in the expansion. Leveling alts to progress on his or her mission table is not a bad decision when all of your other daily and weekly objectives are completed on your main character. Once you become Honored with your faction's war effort faction, you can purchase Scouting Reports. Scouting Reports unlock special missions at your mission table that can be completed to unlock more flight paths and outposts in Kul Tiras for the Horde and Zandalar for the Alliance. This will lower travel times and provide closer proximity flight points to World Quests that will speed up your daily adventures! More Scouting Reports are available at Revered, so keep pushing your reputation and keep your champions going strong!

4. Weekly Worklist — Weekly Reset Objectives

Most of your activities to do are in the weekly reset objective category.

  1. Do all Mythic +0 dungeons for item level 340 gear as needed to gear up.
    • When raiding is unlocked, you will want to do the highest Mythic+ keystone you can do. Aspire to do a +10 every week for maximum loot in your weekly cache.
  2. Do Expedition Quests. This will reward 2,500 Azerite power for your Heart of Azeroth Icon Heart of Azeroth and progress your character's ability to equip more traits of the Azerite gear. This will also grant you 1,500 reputation for the 7th Legion and The Honorbound reputations which are important to unlock quests for your War Campaign efforts! More Island Expedition information can be found in our Island Expedition guide found here: Island Expeditions Guide.
  3. Do Warfront Quests. These award gear and are relatively easy content to complete. More Warfront information can be found in our Warfront guide found here: Warfront Guide
  4. Kill the weekly world boss. World bosses will become available on fourth week of the expansion while your faction controls the Warfront territory. There will also be a world boss that drops 355 item level gear somewhere in Zandalar or Kul Tiras.
  5. Clear as much of the Uldir raid content as you are capable!
  6. Complete all of the WANTED! quests in Kul Tiras for Horde and Zandalar for Alliance. These quests reward 250 reputation for the 7th Legion and Honorbound and are very good for boosting reputation levels. There are WANTED! quests at the location where you land when you use your faction ship to travel to the opposite faction's island.

This list shows the item level gear acquired by completing Mythic+ Dungeons as well as the item level of gear that will be awarded by your weekly chest made available each weekly reset.

Keystone Completed Dungeon Loot Weekly Chest Loot Weekly Chest Azerite Loot
Mythic +0 Item Level 340 None None
Mythic +2 or +3 Item Level 345 Item Level 355 Item Level 340
Mythic +4 Item Level 350 Item Level 360 Item Level 355
Mythic +5 Item Level 355 Item Level 360 Item Level 355
Mythic +6 Item Level 355 Item Level 365 Item Level 355
Mythic +7 Item Level 360 Item Level 370 Item Level 370
Mythic +8 Item Level 365 Item Level 370 Item Level 370
Mythic +9 Item Level 365 Item Level 375 Item Level 370
Mythic +10 Item Level 370 Item Level 380 Item Level 385

It is strongly suggested that you clear at least a Mythic +4 as if you are at least 340 item level. This will provide you with a good path towards acquiring upgrades with some significance. Once you are able to, complete a Mythic +7 in order to improve your potential weekly chest upgrade. Finally, a Mythic +10 will maximize your item level reward from the weekly chest by providing Mythic raiding quality Azerite gear. You should always try to complete the highest Mythic+ dungeon you can each week.

There is also a bonus if you clear Mythic +11 or higher in that each level above 10 grants a 40% chance of acquiring an additional piece of loot. Therefore, a Mythic +11 has a 40% chance of an additional piece of gear, a Mythic +12 has an 80% chance of an additional piece of gear, and a Mythic +13 has a guaranteed chance of awarding an extra piece of gear with a 20% chance of giving yet another piece of gear.

Thank you for reading this Level 120 Battle Guide! As new content is released in the Battle for Azeroth expansion, this guide will be updated to always recommend the best time productive content for you to empower your character and conquer Kul Tiras and Zandalar!

5. Changelog

  • 15 Oct. 2018: Added Mythic + Dungeon item level table and other relevant information.
  • 16 Sep. 2018: Added Azerite amount for Island Expedition quest completion and added world boss that drops 355 item level loot into weekly list of things to do.
  • 26 Aug. 2018: Added WANTED! Quest information, text about higher emphasis on emissary caches, and Scouting Reports.
  • 16 Aug. 2018: Fixed text regarding the reputation contracts.
  • 13 Aug. 2018: Guide added.
+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
Force desktop version
Force mobile version