Marksmanship Hunter DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Marksmanship Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a rough outline of the bosses and mechanics in the Crucible of Storms raid. This page will focus primarily on how a Marksmanship Hunter can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in Crucible of Storms, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses. Initially, this page will focus on Heroic mode and lower, however, as more bosses are being killed on Mythic, the guide will also include optimizations for Mythic bosses.
Marksmanship in Crucible of Storms
Marksmanship Hunters are a decent choice for Crucible of Storms and raiding in general. It offers supreme burst DPS on both single-target and AoE, and does not have any hassle when swapping targets like Beast Mastery.
The Restless Cabal
Marksmanship Hunter Playstyle on The Restless Cabal
Remember that Marksmanship does not have any 2-target cleave. When only the 2 bosses are up, you should still use Arcane Shot.
When 3 targets are up, you should use Multi-Shot.
We recommend saving Trueshot for 9 stacks of the Promises of Power debuff on the fight, which increases your damage done. If you can overlap this with when there are 3 targets up, you can dish out very heavy burst damage.
Resounding Protection and Duck and Cover Azerite Traits are extremely powerful on this fight. The size of the absorb shield does not go down when your health goes down with the Promises of Power debuff on the fight. This means that the traits effectively give you a 100%+ absorb shield.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
Marksmanship Hunter Playstyle on Uu'nat
Your third Trueshot should be saved for the adds that spawn. It is worth casting it after the adds have been up for a few seconds, as it is extremely beneficial to have Trueshot active for when the small adds spawn. We recommend using Rapid Fire for the small adds, as you do not run the risk of the adds dying while you are casting Aimed Shot, for example.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 May 2019: Added Marksmanship tips for Uu'nat.
- 01 May 2019: Added Marksmanship tips for The Restless Cabal.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2