Survival Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Survival Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Survival Hunter
Best Overall Legendary for Survival Hunter
We recommend the former because it is trivial to play with, and it is also the best Mythic+/AoE Legendary, while the Soulforge Embers is good at everything, great at nothing, and not very pleasant to play with.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Survival Hunter
In this section, we look at the best Raiding Legendaries for us.
- Rylakstalker's Confounding Strikes is the best choice for single-target for the most common and recommended Wildfire Infusion build.
- Soulforge Embers is a decent choice for single-target, being less than 1% behind Rylakstalker's for pure single-target assuming ideal usage.
- Nessingwary's Trapping Apparatus combined with Birds of Prey can become one of the strongest pure single-target builds for Survival, but it is rather niche and generally not recommended. Try this out once you have mastered the regular Wildfire Infusion build with other Legendaries.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Survival Hunter
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Wildfire Cluster is extremely powerful for AoE and only suffers a few % in terms of single-target DPS, making it the best Mythic+ Legendary by quite a margin. If your endgame is exclusively Mythic+, craft this Legendary.
- Soulforge Embers is a great choice for players that enjoy both Raiding and Mythic+, as it is quite good at everything, although without excelling at any one thing.
Other Legendaries for Survival Hunter
- Call of the Wild should not really be chosen for any situation. Our cooldowns are not strong enough to justify the legendary, and they are not strong enough to warrant changing their timings around for almost any fight.
- Nessingwary's Trapping Apparatus is really only reserved for Birds of Prey single-target builds with Steel Trap. For that specific situation, it is the best legendary-build combination, but for everything else, it is far behind.
- Craven Strategem is an interesting defensive option and might have very niche use cases, but we see it as more of a PvP legendary and it should not be used for PvE.
- Latent Poison Injectors is in the unfortunate position of being somewhat mediocre at everything, so we cannot strictly recommend it for any scenario, but it is a decent all-rounder, though not nearly as good as Soulforge Embers.
- Butcher's Bone Fragments is similar to Wildfire Cluster in that it only does one thing well, but it does this worse than Wildfire Cluster does, so we do not recommend it.
- Maw Rattle does too low damage to be useful.
- Echo of Eonar is not powerful enough in its proc to be considered.
- Judgment of the Arbiter does too low damage to be useful.
- Norgannon's Sagacity is useless for Survival, as we can cast everything while moving anyway.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is PvP-oriented and not useful for PvE.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is Torghast-specific and not worth considering for general PvE.
- Third Eye of the Jailer can be useful for Mythic+ in the future, but is not worth considering right now.
- Vitality Sacrifice is not worth it in any relevant PvE situation since in open world content, enemies usually hit our pet, and in Raid/Mythic+, they hit our tank.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Added a note about Nesingwary's Trapping Apparatus under Raiding Legendaries.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 18 Jan. 2020: Updated the recommended all-rounder Legendary.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about which stats to put on your Legendary Item.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top