Survival Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.2.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Survival Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Patch 9.2 Unity Legendary and Double Legendaries
Patch 9.2 introduces the Unity, which allows you to attach your Covenant-specific Legendary Power to any slot. This "Unity"-legendary automatically changes its power with your Covenant, and most importantly, it allows you to use a second Legendary Power of your choice, in their usual slots.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Survival Hunter
Which Slot To Craft Legendaries for Survival Hunter
The introduction of Tier Set Bonuses and the Unity Power makes your slot choice for Legendaries much more important.
Generally speaking, the best slot to craft your Unity Power on will be your Belt or Necklace in the long term. Boots and Legs are equally viable alternatives, but we prefer the Belt or Necklace as they provide guaranteed socket slots. If you already have a non-Unity Belt or Necklace with a socket on it, you might prefer the other alternatives.
For your non-Unity Legendary, your choices are much more limited, but the optimal endgame Legendary Wildfire Cluster can go on Legs.
Finally, the ideal Legendary Slot is also determined by the Item Level at which you are able to craft it. When your Legendary Item is going to be a higher Item Level than the item it is replacing, it is best to go for "high-budget" items with lots of Agility, while the opposite is true if your Legendary Power is a downgrade in Item Level. In the long term, you should be able to craft it at 291 Item Level, and all our recommendations are based on 291 Item Level Legendary Crafts.
- Unity - See detailed information above.
- Wildfire Cluster should be crafted on Legs or Belt, wherever your Unity is not crafted.
Best Legendary for Survival Hunter
We are only concerning ourselves with Legendaries that can potentially increase our DPS. It is not currently worth using any non-DPS Legendary for any PvE content.
- Before any tier set bonus, your best Legendary for single-target is going to be Pouch of Razor Fragments (via the Venthyr Covenant).
- Once you have the 2PC Tier Set Bonus, Wildfire Cluster becomes ideal for all situations.
- From this point on, your other Legendary will be determined by your Covenant, and you can find more information about this on our Covenant page.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 05 Mar. 2022: Updated the recommended Unity Legendary Craft slot.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Added information about Double Legendaries, which Legendaries to craft and what slots to put them on.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated the Legendary Ranking, specifically between Razor Fragments and NTA.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated the description of the Bag of Munitions as it is simmable now.
- 13 Jul. 2021: Added the Night Fae, Necrolord, and Venthyr Legendaries to the rankings, as they are easily quantifiable.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Added a note that the Pact of the Soulstalkers Legendary stacks.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated the optimal craft slot for Nesingwary's Trapping Apparatus.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Added a note about Nesingwary's Trapping Apparatus under Raiding Legendaries.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 18 Jan. 2020: Updated the recommended all-rounder Legendary.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about which stats to put on your Legendary Item.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4