Discipline Priest Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
How Good is Discipline Priest in Dragonflight?
Discipline Priests are one of the best healers in raids and a solid choice in Mythic+. The spec performs well in most content and retains its unique gameplay making it a very fun spec to main. For more information on this, you can read the Introduction Page for this guide.
How does Mastery: Grace Work?
Mastery: Grace increases all healing done to targets that have Atonement active, which includes Atonement healing itself. It does not increase the healing of a spell that initially applies Atonement, however.
Trinkets and Stats
My Stats are X/Y/Z. Are These Any Good?
All of our secondary stats are very close in value with Intellect better than all of them by a significant margin. If you are wearing your highest Item Level gear, your specific secondary stat breakdown will not drastically impact your ability to perform in any content.
Do DPS trinkets / Racials help increase my Atonement healing?
In Legion, they used to, but they no longer contribute to your Atonement healing and thus are not worth considering unless you are focused on increasing your DPS for competitive Mythic+.
How Much Haste Should Discipline Priest have? / Is There a Haste Cap for Discipline Priest?
There are no Haste breakpoints worth mentioning. Discipline benefits from Haste, but all stats are relatively equal. So, you will not want to stack Haste over other secondary stats. Haste can make the spec "feel" better, as it reduces cast times and your Global Cooldown, however, compared to the other secondary stats there is a minimal gain in overall performance from adding more Haste. The goal should be to wear the highest item level gear you can find first and prioritize Haste only on equal item level gear.
Which Race is Best for Discipline Priest?
There is no specific race that benefits Discipline Priest in terms of better performance in any meaningful way. The benefits you should focus on, regardless of faction, are movement increase-related. A good example of this would be choosing Goblin if you are Horde to gain the Rocket Jump ability. Keep in mind that just because Goblin was mentioned, it does not mean that is the only race you should choose as a Discipline Priest, it is just used as an example. At the end of the day, choose what looks best to you aesthetically. The benefits you receive for your race are extremely minimal and it is best to play what you like the look of.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players