Discipline Priest Healing Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1.1. Specific Macros for Discipline Priests
We do highly suggest that all of your heals, as well as other spells that can be cast on raid members (such as Levitate, for preventing fall damage) be incorporated into mouseover macros. This will allow you to much more easily cast them on raid members. As an alternative to creating mouseover macros, you can use Clique.
Here is an example of a mouseover macro. Simply replace Power Word: Shield with the name of the spell you want to use:
- #showtooltip Power Word: Shield
- /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead]Power Word: Shield
This will cast Power Word: Shield on your mouseover target, if it is a friendly target and it is not dead. Otherwise, it will cast on your current target.
1.1.1. Penance Macros
It is strongly recommended to keep the Offensive and Defensive Penance components separated. You can either use a macro with modifiers or use two separate keybinds with harm/help modifiers.
- #showtooltip Penance
- /cast [harm] Penance
- #showtooltip Penance
- /cast [@mouseover,help] Penance
1.1.2. Smite Macro
Due to the way Penance works, when you try to queue another spell during its cast, you can accidentally interrupt the last bolt. To avoid this, apply the following conditional to specific spells, very often being Smite, that cause it the most for you. There is a "nochanneling:Penance" example below.
- #showtooltip Smite
- /cast [nochanneling:Penance] Smite
1.1.3. Angelic Feather Macro
This is a really handy macro that casts Angelic Feather under the player using the @player shorthand.
- #showtooltip Angelic Feather
- /cast [@player] Angelic Feather
2.1. Common Essential Addons
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
2.1.2. Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
2.1.3. Weak Auras
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
2.1.5. Exorsus Raid Tools
Exorsus Raid Tools is a useful addon that allows you to track the cooldowns of other raid members, as well as providing you with a wealth of other useful raid information.
2.1.6. Azerite Tooltip
AzeriteTooltip will show what traits are available for an Azerite armor piece for your specialization in the tooltip when moused over.
2.2. Alternative Raid Frames
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 03 Apr. 2019: Updated Macros and Addons to reflect current recommendations.
- 12 Mar. 2019: Reviewed page for Patch 8.1.5. No changes required.
- Gathering Professions in Patch 8.2
- "Hunters" Machinima in Unreal Engine 4
- Azeroth's Undying Gift - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Patch 8.2: Junkheap Drifter Mount
- Weekly Quest & Emissary Quest Changes in Patch 8.2
- New Engineering Recipes in Patch 8.2
- Mechagon in Patch 8.2 (Content Preview)
- Patch 8.2 Release Candidate Live on PTR
- Fire Mage 8.1.5
- Who the best Healer PVE ?
- Essence Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1.5
- Transmogrification - Warriors
- Feral, m+, wrath or bite