Discipline Priest Healing Macros and Addons — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Priest addons and macros.
Specific Macros for Discipline Priests
We do highly suggest that all of your heals, as well as other spells that can be cast on raid members (such as Levitate, for preventing fall damage) be incorporated into mouseover macros. This will allow you to much more easily cast them on raid members. As an alternative to creating mouseover macros, you can use Clique.
Here is an example of a mouseover macro. Simply replace Power Word: Shield with the name of the spell you want to use:
- #showtooltip Power Word: Shield
- /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead]Power Word: Shield
This will cast Power Word: Shield on your mouseover target, if it is a friendly target and it is not dead. Otherwise, it will cast on your current target.
It is strongly recommended to keep the Offensive and Defensive Penance components separated. You can either use a macro with modifiers or use two separate keybinds with harm/help modifiers.
- #showtooltip Penance
- /cast [harm] Penance
- #showtooltip Penance
- /cast [@mouseover,help] Penance
Due to the way Penance works, when you try to queue another spell during its cast, you can accidentally interrupt the last bolt. To avoid this, apply the following conditional to specific spells, very often being Smite, that cause it the most for you. There is a "nochanneling:Penance" example below.
- #showtooltip Smite
- /cast [nochanneling:Penance] Smite
Angelic Feather Macro
This is a really handy macro that casts Angelic Feather under the player using the @player shorthand.
- #showtooltip Angelic Feather
- /cast [@player] Angelic Feather
Spirit Shell + Kyrian Macro
- /cast Spirit Shell
- /cast Ascended Blast
Fae Guardians Targeting Macro
This macro will allow you to mouseover the desired target for the cooldown reduction faerie on initial spell cast.
- /target [@mouseover,help,nodead]
- /cast Fae Guardians
- /stopmacro [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]
Common Essential Addons
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
Method Raid Tools
Method Raid Tools is a useful addon that allows you to track the cooldowns of other raid members, as well as providing you with a wealth of other useful raid information.
Alternative Raid Frames
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 07 Jun. 2021: Added a Fae Guardians targeting macro.
- 10 Feb. 2021: Added mention of all-in-one Spirit Shell macro.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Removed reference to Azerite addon.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher