Fresh Level 70 Guide for Dragonflight (10.1)
The following guide contains useful information for Fresh Level 70 characters in Patch 10.1.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Complete the Dragonflight Campaign
- 3. Collect Dragonriding Glyphs
- 4. Level Up Professions
- 5. Complete Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Cavern Content
- 6. Complete Weekly Profession and Spark of Shadowflame Quests
- 7. How to Unlock Adventure Mode in dragonflight
- 8. How to Get Ready for Raiding in Dragonflight
- 9. Complete World Quests
- 10. Increase Your Renown
- 11. War Mode Drakebreaker's Gear
- 12. Raging Tempests PvE Gear
- 13. Clear Dragonflight Dungeons for Gear
- 14. Defeat Rare Elites
- 15. Super Rares in Dragonflight
- 16. Locations of Super Rares in the Waking Shores
- 17. Locations of Super Rares in the Azure Span
- 18. Locations of Super Rares in Thaldraszus
- 19. Complete the Main Weekly Quest in Dragonflight
- 20. Complete Weekly Events for Gear
- 21. Defeat Dragonflight World Bosses for Loot
- 22. Unlock Great Vault Choices
- 23. Clear Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid for Loot
- 24. Clear Mythic+ Dungeons for Rewards
- 25. Collect Honor in PvP
- 26. The Icy Veins Podcast
It can be difficult to set your goals whenever a new expansion releases. The following guides explain what you should focus on shortly after you reach the max level to be ready for raiding in the shortest time possible.
Complete the Dragonflight Campaign
If you have reached Level 70 but have not completed the Dragonflight campaign yet, make sure to finish it because it grants access to essential parts of the game. Namely, World Quests, Renown, and Adventure Mode for alts.
Collect Dragonriding Glyphs
If you still need to collect all Dragonriding glyphs, we advise you to do so immediately. With all Dragonriding talents unlocked, traversing through the Dragon Isles becomes much easier.
Level Up Professions
Professions are an integral part of the game. With the overhaul introduced in Dragonflight, you can gather Profession Knowledge to unlock specializations and craft powerful gear.
If you are not sure which Profession suits you best, our Profession guides will help you find the right one.
Complete Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Cavern Content
Forbidden Reach and Zaralak Cavern activities should provide you with ample opportunities to increase the item level of your gear.
Complete Weekly Profession and Spark of Shadowflame Quests
In Valdrakken, complete Profession Quests, and do not forget to pick Show Your Mettle to receive 1 free Artisan's Mettle each week.
Spark of Ingenuity is a powerful Crafting Reagent used to craft Epic quality gear in Dragonflight. Currently, on live servers, you will receive sparks during the quest line when you unlock Engine of Innovation. The quest is started in Valdrakken, and you can find the exact location below.
In Season 2, you can still use Spark of Ingenuity to craft low-item level gear, but you can complete new quests for Spark of Shadowflame, a new crafting reagent used to craft item level 411-424 gear.
During Darkmoon Faire, you can complete multiple Profession Quests for Skill Points and Profession Knowledge.
How to Unlock Adventure Mode in dragonflight
If you completed the campaign on your main character, alts can go directly to Valdrakken and pick up the Jump-Start? Jump-Starting! quest immediately, without being at Level 70.
Adventure Mode allows alts to level up through World Quests and other events without having to touch the main campaign.
Check out our leveling guide to learn more about Adventure Mode in Dragonflight.
How to Get Ready for Raiding in Dragonflight
The following subsections are dedicated to gearing up your character for Aberrus and Mythic+ Dungeons.
Complete World Quests
World Quests are an essential part of the game. They provide gear and increase your reputation standing with the four major factions. World Quests in Dragonflight reset every 3 days. Prioritize completing as many as possible.
Increase Your Renown
Renown is directly tied to gearing up your character in the Dragonflight expansion. Many world events unlock from reaching various Renown levels with the four main factions.
War Mode Drakebreaker's Gear
Enable War Mode at Level 70 and complete World Quests for Bloody Tokenss in the Dragon Isles. You can turn the tokens in for Item Level 366 gear in Valdrakken.
Raging Tempests PvE Gear
Seek out Mythressa in Valdrakken (38.10 37.44) who sells Raging Tempests gear for Elemental Overflow. It starts at Item Level 359 and can be upgraded by 3 ranks.
Clear Dragonflight Dungeons for Gear
The item level of gear went up by 26 item levels in Dragonflight Season 2.
- Normal Difficulty Dungeons: Item Level 372;
- Heroic Difficulty and Timewalking Dungeons: Item Level 385;
- Mythic Difficulty Dungeons: Item Level 398;
- Mythic+ Dungeons: See Great Vault for end-of-run and weekly chest item levels.
You will learn more about dungeons in our dedicated hub.
Defeat Rare Elites
The gear you can get from Rare Elites in Dragonflight scales currently to Item Level 405. Rare Elites are marked with a skull icon on the map. You can defeat them each day for a chance at gear.
Super Rares in Dragonflight
Super Rares are select Rare Elites, dropping gear that scales up to Item Level 418. You can find them in the Waking Shores, Azure Span, and Thaldraszus. Defeat them every day for loot.
Locations of Super Rares in the Waking Shores
The map is missing Enkine the Voracious. To summon the Super Rare, you will need Lava Spices that drop from NPCs along the river. Exact coords are 21.6 65.0.
Locations of Super Rares in the Azure Span
Locations of Super Rares in Thaldraszus
Complete the Main Weekly Quest in Dragonflight
Pick up the Weekly Quest Aiding the Accord in Valdrakken. Gather 4,000 reputation with any of the four major factions by completing World Quests and other events and associated events that appear on the map. You will receive 500 reputation with the factions, 250 Dragon Isles Supplies, and a piece of gear (not guaranteed).
In Zaralak Cavern, you can complete a new weekly quest called A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen.
Complete Weekly Events for Gear
Many world events will unlock upon reaching a certain Renown level with the factions. The events are important because they offer gear, which scales to your item level.
- At Renown 7 with Iskaara Tuskarr, you can summon Fisherman Tinnak, an NPC, which drops one piece of loot.
- Trial of Flood — The weekly event takes place in Ohn'ahran Plains (59, 79) and offers guaranteed loot.
- Trial of Elements — The weekly event is accessed through a portal in Thaldraszus (Temporal Conflux portal) and takes place in Primalist Tomorrow.
- When you reach Renown 5 with the Valdrakken Accord, Siege on Dragonbane Keep becomes available. The event rewards a chest, which can contain loot.
- At Renown 5 with Maruuk Centaur, you can complete Grand Hunts to receive Grand Hunt Spoils. The first hunt of the week has a high chance of containing the Plainswalker Bearer mount. You can complete as many hunts per week as you would like. However, repeated completions will result in worse rewards.
Defeat Dragonflight World Bosses for Loot
Each week, a different Dragonflight world boss will be available. Defeat them for a chance at Item Level 395 loot.
A new world boss will spawn during the week of May 9 that drops Item Level 415 items.
Check out our world boss guide for more information about the world bosses and the loot you can get.
Unlock Great Vault Choices
The Great Vault requires you to defeat Vault of the Incarnates bosses, clear Mythic Dungeons, and collect Honor to unlock up to 9 item choices each week.
You will learn more about the weekly chest on a separate page.
Clear Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid for Loot
When ready for raiding, clear Aberrus on any difficulty to further improve your gear and get Aberrus Tier Sets. The number of choices in the Great Vault the following week depends on the number of bosses you defeat.
Clear Mythic+ Dungeons for Rewards
Clear a +20 Keystone dungeon every week in Mythic+ to receive an Item Level 447 gear piece in the Great Vault the following week.
Furthermore, Mythic+ gear can be upgraded by 13 ranks. New rewards await in Mythic+. Check them out in our Season 2 guide!
Collect Honor in PvP
The more Honor you collect, the better gear you will receive in the Great Vault the following week. You will learn everything about gearing in PvP Season 1 in our guide.
The Icy Veins Podcast
Lastly, we include a video to Episode 3 of our podcast, where Petko discusses priorities at Level 70.
- 30 Apr. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7 launch.
- 15 Dec. 2022: Super Rares scale beyond Item Level 385.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated for the Season 1 launch.
- 08 Dec. 2022: Guide added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 8th
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 5)
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5