Dragonriding Talents Guide for World of Warcraft: Dragonflight (10.0.7)
The following guide covers Dragonriding Talents, various perks that you unlock by collecting Dragon Glyphs in the Dragonflight expansion. We preview the Dragonriding Talent Tree and the individual perks and recommend the order in which they should be selected.
Dragonriding Talents provide you with various perks that empower your Dragonriding abilities, allowing you to stay in the air for extended periods of time. It is important to unlock them as soon as possible, because they are account-wide and vastly improve your leveling experience in the new expansion.
If you wish to learn more about Dragonriding, please visit our dedicated guide.
Dragonriding Talent Tree
The Dragonriding Talent tree consists of 9 rows of perks and contains 7 Dragonriding abilities unlocked by doing the campaign and 17 unlockable talents with 2 nodes being multiple-choice talents and 1 active ability. You can unlock all nodes on one row with the exception of multiple-choice talents. You can start unlocking Dragonriding Talents the moment you unlock Dragonriding in Dragonflight.
You can bring up the Dragonriding Talent tree by clicking on the Dragon Isles Summary icon on the minimap.
Dragon Glyphs are objects that you must collect to accrue talent points that you can spend on Dragonriding Talents.
Dragon Glyphs are scattered across the Dragon Isles, and we have a separate guide on how to collect them all efficiently.
Dragonriding Talents Overview
In the following section, we list all the Dragonriding Talents available in Dragonflight, row by row. The amount of Dragon Glyphs required to unlock them increases as you progress further down the tree. The talents also affect Dracthyr's Soar racial ability in various ways.
Dragonriding Talents Row 1
- Take to the Skies — Your Vigor is increased to 4. Soar's maximum speed is increased to 830% in the Dragon Isles. Costs 1 Dragon Glyph.
Dragonriding Talents Row 2
- Redirection — While moving at low speeds, Surge Forward's effectiveness is increased by up to 125%, decreasing as speed increases. Costs 3 Dragon Glyphs.
- Dynamic Stretching — Your Vigor regeneration rate is accelerated to 1 Vigor every 25 seconds while grounded. Soar's cooldown is decreased by 40 seconds while in the Dragon Isles. Costs 3 Dragonriding Glyphs.
- Thrill Chaser — Thrill of the Skies generates 1 Vigor every 10 seconds. Costs 3 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 3
- Ohn'ahra's Gusts — Surge Forward evades Scalechillers, Scalechargers, and other obstacles encountered in time trials and races. Costs 3 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 4
The fourth row is a multiple-choice node, allowing you to only select one talent.
- Dragonrider's Initiative — While dragonriding at middle speed and above, you gain stacks of Dragonrider's Initiative, up to 10. When landing at mid-to-high speeds, you create a shockwave, damaging enemies for 418 per stack, split among them, and disorienting them for 3 seconds. Landing at low speeds cancels Dragonrider's Initiative. Costs 3 Dragonriding Glyphs.
- Dragonrider's Compassion — While airborne on a Dragon Isles Drake, you gain stacks of Dragonrider's Compassion, up to 10. When you dismount, you gain a shield worth 1% of your health and gain 1% movement speed per stack, lasting 30 seconds. Costs 3 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 5
- Aerial Halt — Flap back, reducing forward movement. 10-second cooldown. Costs 4 Dragon Glyphs.
- Restorative Travels — Your Vigor regeneration rate is accelerated to 1 Vigor every 20 seconds while grounded. Soar's cooldown is decreased by 40 seconds while in the Dragon Isles. Costs 4 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 6
- Airborne Recovery — Activating Aerial Halt while affected by Thrill of the Skies generates 1 Vigor. Costs 4 Dragon Glyphs.
- Airborne Tumbling — Whirling Surge evades Wingshredders and dismounts airborne enemy players. Costs 4 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 7
- Dragonriding Learner — Your Vigor is increased to 5. Costs 4 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 8
The ninth row is a multiple-choice node and you can only select one talent.
- Dragonrider's Cultivation — Gathering herbs or minerals increases your Vigor recharge rate by 400% for 3 seconds. Costs 5 Dragon Glyphs.
- Dragonrider's Hunt — Defeating an enemy increases your Vigor recharge rate by 10% for 3 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds. Costs 5 Dragon Glyphs.
Dragonriding Talents Row 9
- Beyond Infinity — Your Vigor is increased to 6. Costs 5 Dragon Glyphs.
- Yearning for the Sky — Your Vigor regeneration rate is accelerated to 1 Vigor every 15 seconds. Soar's cooldown is decreased by 40 seconds while in the Dragon Isles. Costs 5 Dragon Glyphs.
- At Home Aloft — Thrill of the Skies generates 1 Vigor every 5 seconds. Costs 5 Dragon Glyphs.
Recommended Order of Dragonriding Talents
Here is the exact talent order in which you should select Dragonriding Talents. Always prioritize flat Vigor increases then focus on Vigor regeneration.
How to Unlearn Dragonriding Talents
You can right-click a Dragonriding Talent to unlearn it. You will be refunded the Dragon Glyph cost.
- 19 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 12 Jan. 2023: Dragonrider's Cultivation buffed.
- 26 Nov. 2022: Interlinking fixes.
- 06 Nov. 2022: Talent tooltips updated to include Dracthyr's Soar racial ability.
- 22 Oct. 2022: Guide added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1