Havoc Demon Hunter Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Havoc Demon Hunter before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
This page will help give advice on navigating Torghast, Tower of the Damned as an Havoc Demon Hunter. If you want to know more about the Torghast systems, you can look at our dedicated Torghast page here:
Best Havoc Demon Hunter Talents for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||? Blind Fury||✓ Demonic Appetite||✗ Felblade|
|25||✓ Insatiable Hunger||✓ Burning Hatred||? Demon Blades|
|30||? Trail of Ruin||✓ Unbound Chaos||✓ Glaive Tempest|
|35||✓ Soul Rending||✗ Desperate Instincts||? Netherwalk|
|40||✓ Cycle of Hatred||✓ First Blood||✗ Essence Break|
|45||✓ Unleashed Power||✗ Master of the Glaive||✓ Fel Eruption|
|50||✓ Demonic||? Momentum||✗ Fel Barrage|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|? Blind Fury||✔ Demonic Appetite||✘ Felblade|
Demonic Appetite will regularly perform best here due to the sheer number of enemies you will be killing to capitalize upon the Fury refund from dropped souls. Blind Fury is an alternative to burst down AoE packs, but does not come with the extra boost to survival.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|✔ Insatiable Hunger||✔ Burning Hatred||? Demon Blades|
Pick here is really up to you, depending on your preferred Fury generation method. The downtime has benefits for Burning Hatred as do some Anima powers, but the consistency of Insatiable Hunger will be better early on. Demon Blades adds in RNG which may be dangerous with some packs, but downtime will not be an issue as you will be tanking anything you pull.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|? Trail of Ruin||✔ Unbound Chaos||✔ Glaive Tempest|
Unbound Chaos has some Anima powers that are very strong to pair with it, but is not immediately as useful. Glaive Tempest adds an extra burst AoE tool when you pull, and with the low cooldown will help clear out packs. Trail of Ruin also has some great synergy powers, so your pick here is also really down to choice and what powers you are aiming for.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|✔ Soul Rending||✘ Desperate Instincts||? Netherwalk|
Soul Rending scales up really well within Torghast as your damage will exponentially increase, and constant healing is very desirable due to the regular damage intake. Netherwalk may have fringe uses for some very dangerous pulls, but much less flexible.
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|✔ Cycle of Hatred||✔ First Blood||✘ Essence Break|
Cycle of Hatred and First Blood are ultimately your playstyle capstones here. Both have Anima powers to enhance them, so your pick comes down to what you intend to focus on. Cycle does come with the benefit of more consistent Metamorphosis uptime via Demonic though, and that survival can be invaluable.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|✔ Unleashed Power||✘ Master of the Glaive||✔ Fel Eruption|
This comes down to crowd control, and both Unleashed Power and Fel Eruption are good here. The former is more frequent AoE stuns, while the latter allows you to layer an extra stun on lone enemy casters. Master of the Glaive can help you to kite out packs, but is much less impactful.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Havoc Demon Hunter
|✔ Demonic||? Momentum||✘ Fel Barrage|
Given that you will likely be taking Soul Rending, the extra survival this provides on top of being an extra burst window is too good to pass up. While there are powers that link up well with Momentum, it does not contribute in any meaningful way to that making the choice easy.
Best Havoc Demon Hunter Anima Powers
When exploring Torghast, on each floor you will be presented with a number of different Anima Powers when progressing. Some choices are unique benefits, while others are stacking effects and with all of the powers present your choice can be hard. Due to this we have made a basic Tier List below to give a ranking of strong powers if you need to make a quick decision. For more information about Generic and Demon Hunter Anima Powers, please refer to the two guides linked below.
Remember though, do not follow the list blindly, there is a lot of different playstyles to explore within Torghast and trying things out is part of the enjoyment. None of the powers are necessary to complete a run, and picking a power that improves something you rarely use will ultimately be useless. After all, you might not run into the power that you are looking for each run!
"S" are considered ideal picks while "F" should be avoided.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
A-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Cadaverous Eye
- Darkglare Medallion
- Elethium Alembic
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Lantern
- Elethium Teardrop
- Fae Empowered Elixir (Night Fae)
- Fallen Comrade's Blindfold
- Felborn Shield
- Finely-Honed Bone Blades
- Fury Wrappings
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Frostbite Wand
- Gift of Ardenweald
- Immolation Flux
- Kyrian Blessing
- Lightning Dust
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Maldraxxian Repayment
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Secret Spices
- Slayer's Cypher (replace with Demonic Appetite)
- Slayer's Gift (replace with either choice)
- Slayer's Ultimatum (replace with Momentum)
- Soulrender of Zovaal
- Spectral Oats
- Stalker Sling (Night Fae)
- Subjugator's Manacles
- Venthyr's Gratitude
- Vitality Guillotine
B-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Blade of the Lifetaker
- Blindfold of Focus
- Bottled Enigma
- Bountiful Souls
- Branding Iron (Venthyr)
- Corruption Antenna
- Dark Stalker's Draught
- Demonglass Curio
- Demonic Resolve
- Fel Scorched Contract (Necrolord)
- Flail of Merkur (Kyrian)
- Irritating Moth Dust
- Incriminating Ledger (Venthyr)
- Heart-Piercing Spine
- Hunting Bola (Night Fae)
- Lens of Elchaver
- Perpetual Sinstone (Venthyr)
- Potent Acid Gland
- Pulsing Rot-hive
- Sacrificial Soul-Ash (Kyrian)
- Shield of Unending Fury
- Shifting Signet
- Slayer's Lesson (replace with Unbound Chaos)
- Stormcycle Peridot
- Tormentor's Spiked Noose
- Watchful Lightfly
C-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Bloating Fodder
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Curious Miasma
- Dark Fortress
- Darkest Hour
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Deadly Toll (Necrolord)
- Elethium Muzzle
- Elethium Weights
- Fel Ignitor (Necrolord)
- Felborn Pendant
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Purifier's Flame
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Resonant Mawfang
- Slayer's Mythos (replace with Fel Eruption)
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Swarm Form
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Yel'Shir's Powerglove
D-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Crumbling Aegis
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Elethium Beacon
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Manafeeder's Bib
- Mark of the Ogre
- Mask of the Winged Dominator (Kyrian)
- Phantasmal Iris
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Scouring Rags of Torghast (Kyrian)
- Seeker's Rage
- Slayer's Invocation (replace with Netherwalk
- Spectral Bridle
- Warden Shackles
E-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Irresistible Cheese
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Mawrat Harness
- Mawrat Stirrups
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Scroll of Elchaver
- Tremorbeast Tusk
F-Tier Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test due to it being unavailable as a pick, or information about its tuning is not complete. It will be added to the list as we find out more.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Havoc Demon Hunter
Occasionally, you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. Judging these is more difficult because it depends on how much of each floor you are clearing. Grabbing these early on is usually a good idea so you can make use of vendors, while the later the run goes, the less valuable these are.
Havoc Demon Hunter Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Havoc has a lot of tools to deal with what Torghast throws at you, but the conditions of needing to kill enemies actively to stay healthy can mean powers that give more survival are strong early picks. There are a lot of powers available that provide this however, and you do not need many to build up enough strength to tank mobs while dealing a lot back. Some quick gameplay tips when playing to remember are:
- Pay attention to your health, and make use of Shattered Souls fragments when you kill enemies. Often there are low health enemies in packs, and using those fragments to sustain yourself while you kill the most dangerous can make a big difference.
- If you run into packs that have particularly lethal enemies, remember to use Imprison on the biggest threat so you can clear out the smaller enemies first.
- Make use of your mobility and stun tools with Fel Rush and Chaos Nova to lock down targets or kite if necessary.
- Do not be afraid to use Metamorphosis frequently, especially on Elites or big packs. Often, it will be back before the floor ends and saving it might delay you even more.
- Blur early and often, especially in the floors that have a heaver focus on auto based enemies. Do not wait until you are already low, that wastes the extra Dodge that keeps you healthy!
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!