Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Havoc Demon Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Havoc Demon Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
For all consumables excluding food in the lists below, you should utilize lower ranks of the same rank 3 options listed if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. The price difference is often significant for a small loss in stats gained.
Best Gems for Havoc Demon Hunter
Due to secondary stat diminishing returns, your gems may fluctuate slightly depending on what is currently present on your gear so keep this in mind.
You should make sure to have one Inscribed Illimited Diamond as your single unique Primalist gem. To fill the rest of the slots you will want either Sensei's Alexstraszite or Crafty Alexstraszite depending on your stats, which can be found by simulating your character.
If you are using the Elemental Lariat neck however, you should keep the single Primalist diamond, but change all of your other gems to Sensei's Neltharite. This is due to the proc being more valuable than the raw stats, and the element of the gem (in this case Fire to trigger Critical Strike) dictates the proc.
Primordial Stones for Havoc Demon Hunter
The Onyx Annulet added in Patch 10.0.7 contains 3 unique Primordial Stone gem slots, allowing you to equip up to 3 different proc effects. Due to us primarily focusing on DPS, the ideal throughput gems for each scenario are as follows:
To find out how to obtain the Onyx Annulet, and the Primordial Gemstones to use with it, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Best Enchants for Havoc Demon Hunter
In Dragonflight currently we double up on Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion, this is because two procs simply double the value of each proc, and it is the strongest available enchant. In some cases Enchant Weapon - Frozen Devotion may be competitve especially at lower gear levels, but in practice will be less flexibile and lose out so Sophic remains the recommendation.
Cloak, Bracer and Boot enchants are personal preference as they have no direct impact on performance, but we recommend Avoidance and Stamina for the extra survivability as Havoc has more than enough movement.
Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunters
Best Phials and Potions for Havoc
Currently there are 3 options available based on the situation worth considering for different reasons:
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage — this is generally the strongest option available giving a large amount of bonus Critical Strike. The downside however can be quite dangerous so do be wary of using this if you are running into any survival issues. This downside can also cause the uptime to fall so low that it simply is not worth using, so consider this when using it
- Phial of Elemental Chaos — the more reliable option for situations where you are worried about damage intake but still want some performance gain.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility — numerically weaker than other choices but provides a consistent stat boost and some bonus survival, with the bonus of being very cheap.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or the cheaper Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended potion in all situations. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power, so long as you have five Primal Chaos to convert into potions.
Potion of Shocking Disclosure has some niche benefits for mass AoE situations in Mythic+ if you do not want to pay the high price for other potions, but is generally weaker.
Refreshing Healing Potion is the healing potion of choice. Using this has a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight should it go on long enough. You can also use Potion of Withering Vitality in emergencies, but be wary of how much damage it deals after being used.
Additionally, Warlock's Healthstones do not share a cooldown with other healing consumables. Remember to use it as well if you are holding one!
Lastly, Alchemy has some more niche potions that can be used even if you are dead. Keeping some Residual Neural Channeling Agent handy in case you need to wait for a battle resurrection can be useful to still get value out of your potion cooldown should you die early.
Best Food for Havoc
Whenever possible if a feast is available, use the one provided in your group ( Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak for example). Alternatively for personal food, Fated Fortune Cookie or Thousandbone Tongueslicer should be used.
Weapon Enhancement Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunter
Your weapon enhancement consumable of choice is Buzzing Rune for the additional Critical Strike.
Augment Runes for Havoc
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 31 Dec. 2022: Weapon Enchantment recommendation changed to Sophic Devotion.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
More Demon Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery