Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Havoc Demon Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Havoc Demon Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
For all consumables excluding food in the lists below, you should utilize lower ranks of the same rank 3 options listed if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. The price difference is often significant for a small loss in stats gained.
Best Gems for Havoc Demon Hunter
Due to secondary stat diminishing returns, your gems may fluctuate slightly depending on what is currently present on your gear, so keep this in mind.
You should make sure to have one Inscribed Illimited Diamond as your single unique Primalist gem. To fill the rest of the slots, you will want Sensei's Alexstraszite.
Remember, though, especially at higher gear levels, your stats can and will alter depending on your current gear set. This means you may see more benefit from different stat distributions, so you should always aim to sim your character if you are looking for the ideal picks.
Best Enchants for Havoc Demon Hunter
Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion is the ideal weapon enchant now, as it has outscaled the strength of alternatives over the course of Dragonflight. However, in AoE situations Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion is still a consideration where the value of Haste is lower.
The Incandescent Essence is acquired following a quest chain that begins after defeating Gnarlroot within the new Amirdrassil raid. This grants the Igira's Cruel Nightmare proc effect and can be re-used, so use it as soon as you get one on your head.
Cloak, Bracer, and Boot enchants are personal preference as they have no direct impact on performance, but we recommend Avoidance and Stamina for extra survivability as Havoc has more than enough movement.
While Lambent Armor Kit does come with Versatility instead of Stamina, it has less Agility and, as such, should be avoided.
Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunters
Best Phials and Potions for Havoc
Currently, there are 2 options available based on the situation worth considering for different reasons:
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage — this is generally the strongest option available, giving a large amount of bonus Critical Strike. The downside, however, can be quite dangerous, so do be wary of using this if you are running into any survival issues. This downside can also cause the uptime to fall so low that it simply is not worth using, so be wary of this in some encounters.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility — numerically weaker than the above, but much safer and consistent. It also provides a small amount of damage reduction and has the advantage of being cheap!
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or the cheaper Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended potion in all situations. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power.
Potion of Shocking Disclosure has some niche benefits for mass AoE situations in Mythic+ but is generally weaker.
Dreamwalker's Healing Potion is the healing potion of choice. Using this has a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight should it go on long enough. You can also use Potion of Withering Vitality in emergencies, but be wary of how much damage it deals after being used.
Additionally, Warlock's Healthstones do not share a cooldown with other healing consumables. Remember to use it as well if you are holding one!
Lastly, Alchemy has some more niche potions that can be used even if you are dead. Keeping some Residual Neural Channeling Agent handy in case you need to wait for a battle resurrection can be useful to still get value out of your potion cooldown should you die early.
Best Food for Havoc
Whenever possible, if a feast is available, use the one provided in your group ( Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak, for example). Alternatively, for personal food, Fated Fortune Cookie or Thousandbone Tongueslicer should be used.
Weapon Enhancement Consumables for Havoc Demon Hunter
Your weapon enhancement consumable of choice is Buzzing Rune for the additional Critical Strike.
Augment Runes for Havoc
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5 to add Wafting Devotion note and recommend against Annulet.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated for Primordial Stones hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated to account for Primordial Stone buffs.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 31 Dec. 2022: Weapon Enchantment recommendation changed to Sophic Devotion.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players