Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc comes with one of the skinnier ability packages, but all abilities within the toolkit are very focused on what they are good at. The talent tree provides additional complexity that can in some cases overwhelm new players to the specialization, often times adding too much at once to wrap your head around. In this section, we will be taking time to go over a less intensive build that allows players to grasp the basics of the spec, and still perform adequately.
The most important mechanic to bear in mind, as elaborated upon in the more advanced section, is your Fury. Managing this is very simple, with 40 Fury you are able to cast Chaos Strike, which has a 40% chance to refund 20. This is the crux of Havoc gameplay, and reacting to that refund is the first step to grasping Havoc.
Lastly, the heavy damage cooldown Metamorphosis supercharges your Fury spenders Chaos Strike and Blade Dance, turning them into Annihilation and Death Sweep, increasing Haste by 25% and granting 20% Leech. You should try to line this up with any other damage increases and enter into it with a bank of Fury, using it to deal huge damage in a short period.
3. Talent Choices for Havoc Demon Hunters
The talents listed below are selected either for ease of use, or for a more easy-to-understand gameplay style. Whilst in a number of cases there are alternatives on the tree that will provide more if played well, they create much more room to play incorrectly without impacting performance. Due to this, treat this as a starting point and a primer.
- Level 99: Blind Fury
- Level 100: Insatiable Hunger
- Level 102: Trail of Ruin
- Level 104: Soul Rending
- Level 106: First Blood
- Level 108: Unleashed Power
- Level 110: Demonic
4. Stat Choices for Havoc Demon Hunters
The current Havoc stat priority is as follows when using this build.
- Critical Strike = Haste;
Versatility provides the most efficient flat damage increase, and Haste currently serves Havoc very well to speed up the build and spend gameplay, as additional Global Cooldowns convert very efficiently to extra ability cycles.
5. Basic Rotation for Havoc Demon Hunters
- Cast Eye Beam on cooldown with as little excess Fury as possible.
- Use Metamorphosis as a large damage cooldown, try to have 80+ Fury ready before activating it.
- Cast Death Sweep/ Blade Dance.
- Cast Annihilation/ Chaos Strike at 40 Fury or above.
- Cast Demon's Bite to generate Fury.
Make sure to keep your medium cooldown tools ( Eye Beam and Fel Barrage) on cooldown, and make the most of your Metamorphosis window. Try to have as little excess Fury as possible when casting Eye Beam, however, as Blind Fury will raise you to the cap over the channel. For a more detailed and optimized version of the priority list, you can find that on the rotation page.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms release and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- XP Off Boosting Nerf Clarification
- Patch 8.2 Heart of Azeroth Essence Guide
- Classic Stress Test 3 - Everyone from Americas and Oceania Gets Access!
- No More Level 110 Twink Boosting in Patch 8.2
- Sphere of Suppression - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Gathering Professions in Patch 8.2
- "Hunters" Machinima in Unreal Engine 4
- Azeroth's Undying Gift - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fire Mage 8.1.5
- Who the best Healer PVE ?
- Essence Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1.5
- Transmogrification - Warriors
- Feral, m+, wrath or bite