Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc comes with a fairly slim ability toolkit, but each ability is very focused on what they are good at. The talent tree does a lot of heavy lifting to round out your rotation, but some choices can up the complexity and sometimes be overwhelming to new players.
If you are completely new to Havoc and need more information on the abilities available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
The most important mechanic to bear in mind, as elaborated upon in the more advanced section, is your Fury. Managing this is very simple, with 40 Fury you are able to cast Chaos Strike, which has a 40% chance to refund 20. This is the crux of Havoc gameplay, and reacting to that refund is the first step to grasping Havoc.
Alongside this, the heavy damage cooldown Metamorphosis improves your Fury spenders Chaos Strike and Blade Dance, turning them into Annihilation and Death Sweep, and increasing your Haste by 25%. You should try to line this up with any other cooldowns and enter into it with a bank of Fury for a large burst of damage.
Covenant Choice for Havoc Demon Hunter
Currently we recommend Venthyr due to the strengths it brings in different situations alongside having an easier pick-up-and-play build to make use of. Havoc does have some alternatives depending on situation, but for a starter build this works best in the most situations and is played with Nadjia the Mistblade. An example tree to follow is:
Conduit Choice for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Endurance Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
For more detailed overviews of each Covenant and their Soulbinds, alongside Conduit information you can check our dedicated page below:
Talent Choices for Havoc Demon Hunters
The talents listed below are selected either for ease of use, or for a more easy-to-understand gameplay style. While in a number of cases there are alternatives on the tree that will provide more if played well, they create much more room to play incorrectly without impacting performance. Due to this, treat this as a starting point.
- Level 15: Blind Fury
- Level 25: Insatiable Hunger
- Level 30: Unbound Chaos
- Level 35: Soul Rending
- Level 40: Cycle of Hatred
- Level 45: Master of the Glaive
- Level 50: Demonic
This is a generally strong build to start with that has some good flexibility without too many extra mechanics to worry about. If you are looking for a build with no compromises for each situation, you can look at our full talents page below for more in-depth analysis on each specific choice.
Stat Choices for Havoc Demon Hunters
The current Havoc stat priority is as follows when using this build.
- Haste = Versatility;
- Critical Strike;
In most cases, stat priorities do not change for specs on both our Easy Mode and full guide pages. Despite this, the finer details regarding each indvidual stat and the reason behind why they are picked is covered in our full stat page linked below.
Legendary Choice for Havoc Demon Hunter
Considering the build is playing Venthyr, prior to double Legendaries unlocking you will generally want to play Agony Gaze in most situations. When double Legendaries unlock after gaining access to the Unity power, however, this becomes baseline to the Covenant when equipped. The ideal options to pair it with after that is your choice:
- Collective Anguish is the more consistent option that also provides some extra uncapped AoE if you are looking for that
- Darkglare Boon is a bit more RNG but has an explosive factor to it.
Both of these are good to pair it with, and work well with the whole Venthyr package that focuses on Sinful Brand. For more Legendary choices and explanations of different picks available you can look at our dedicated Legendary page below:.
If you are looking for more information about what gear to look out for when playing, you can also check our Gear page linked below.
Basic Rotation for Havoc Demon Hunters
- Cast Sinful Brand on your target.
- Cast Eye Beam on cooldown.
- Cast Metamorphosis, and try to have some Fury pooled before activating it.
- Cast Fel Rush if Unbound Chaos is active.
- Cast Immolation Aura on cooldown.
- Cast Chaos Strike with 40+ Fury.
- Cast Demon's Bite to generate Fury.
Make sure to keep your medium cooldown tools ( Eye Beam and Immolation Aura) on cooldown at all times. Your goal outside of this is to cast Chaos Strike as much as possible to trigger Cycle of Hatred for extra Eye Beam casts to maintain your Sinful Brand effect. Try and spend as much excess Fury as possible before casting Eye Beam, as Blind Fury causes the cast to refill your Fury bar.
Remember this rotation is a basic explanation tailored to the talents selected. You can check out our more detailed and optimized version of the priority on our dedicated rotation page.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 to recommend Venthyr.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page updated for Patch 9.0.5 to focus on Covenant parity.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased