Havoc Demon Hunter Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
1. Should I Cast Fel Rush in Single Target?
At its very base, Fel Rush's damage increase in single target is negligible, and any uptime lost by casting it and moving out of melee range will be very detrimental, and as such is not advised. However, if using Momentum, this requires you to use it in single target.
2. Should I Cast Eye Beam in Single Target?
In Battle for Azeroth, yes. Eye Beam has had a bonus damage effect applied to your primary target, which causes it to be worth casting above your other resource spenders at all times. The exception to this is if you expect AoE to occur during the cooldown of Eye Beam, at which point you should consider holding it to gain damage on multiple targets.
3. What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, set bonuses, trinkets, Azerite traits, and in certain circumstances, talents.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
4. How much Haste, or other secondary stats, should I have?
For Havoc, there is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of any stat that you are required to reach. Nor are there any points at which a stat stops being desirable. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary you have is less important than the volume. This is however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
5. Which Race is best for Havoc Demon Hunter?
Due to there only being one choice per faction as a Demon Hunter, there is no choice to be made outside of whether you are Horde or Alliance.
6. How good is Havoc in Patch 8.1.5?
This is covered in the Introduction section of the guide, however a quick breakdown is that Havoc remains very strong in all areas of content much like in Patch 8.0. It retains its ability to be versatile in different fight scenarios, alongside having a robust utility package that allows for it to be strong or even excel given certain conditions. It remains a top tier pick for melee spots.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Reviewed and approved for Crucible of Storms release.
- 20 Dec. 2018: Updated with additional notes.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Removed note regarding Unbound Chaos.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Page created for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- This Week in WoW: April 23rd
- Crucible of Storms Mythic Progress Race Hub
- The Dreadwake Mount Returns to Blizzard Shop
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 23rd
- Noblegarden 2019 (April 22nd - April 29th)
- Upcoming 8.2 PTR Class Changes: April 23rd
- Upcoming Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 23rd
- Vulpera Coming in Patch 8.2.5?
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Question about WoW hardware requirements