Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Havoc Demon Hunter in Mythic+
Havoc comes with a slew of options in Battle for Azeroth when approaching Mythic+, with a lot of tools available for different encounters. The on-demand burst AoE of Eye Beam and, if taken, Fel Barrage is extremely good for bursting down large groups. Metamorphosis also provides heavy front-loaded burst on single target encounters, allowing you to play in a very dynamic way based upon the dungeon. Also primed with a good number of survival and utility options, the specialization has a lot going for it in dungeons.
1.1. Havoc Demon Hunter Mythic+ Rotation
You will still be operating under the same rules as the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. That said however, you may want to opt into expending your heavy burst tools as early as possible to burn down large groups of enemies as quickly as possible.
1.2. Havoc Demon Hunter Utility
Havoc Demon Hunter comes with a variety of tools that are useful in specific situations, alongside some universally powerful options. This covers AoE crowd control and offensive dispels, alongside group buff utility.
- Consume Magic is an offensive dispel tool on a 10-second cooldown, that also generates Fury when it successfully removes an effect. In Battle for Azeroth, this is much more relevant and many enemies have effects that are a high priority to remove.
- Disrupt is the Havoc interrupt tool on a 15-second cooldown that also generates Fury when used. This should be used as frequently as possible both to prevent dangerous casts, and also capitalize upon the additional off global cooldown Fury generation.
- Chaos Nova is an AoE stun tool available to Havoc, that stuns all nearby targets for 2 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown with a 30 Fury cost. This is great for disrupting large groups of enemies, and can also be made free with a reduced cooldown when using the Unleashed Power talent.
- Imprison can be used as a crowd control option if a target is too dangerous to engage in a group, or interrupt a high priority cast that is immune to interrupt effects.
- Darkness is a group defense tool that can have some fringe uses to reduce the risk of high damage AoE effects to your group. This does, however, have a random component which hurts its consistency, so should not be relied upon.
- Chaos Brand increases Magic damage taken by targets you deal damaged to, improving group damage in many compositions.
2. Mythic+ Talents for Havoc Demon Hunter
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|99||✓ Blind Fury||✗ Demonic Appetite||✗ Felblade|
|100||✗ Insatiable Hunger||✗ Demon Blades||✓ Immolation Aura|
|102||✓ Trail of Ruin||✗ Fel Mastery||✓ Fel Barrage|
|104||? Soul Rending||? Desperate Instincts||? Netherwalk|
|106||✗ Cycle of Hatred||✓ First Blood||✗ Dark Slash|
|108||✓ Unleashed Power||✗ Master of the Glaive||? Fel Eruption|
|110||✓ Demonic||? Momentum||✗ Nemesis|
These talent choices focus heavily on AoE damage and burst options, due to it being the overwhelming majority of Mythic+ encounters. Some options are here based on what crowd control or survival options you require, but lean into enhancing Havoc's greatest strength — burst AoE. Note as well that Momentum is marked here because it can be useful in some dungeons due to the heavy burst it can provide when combined with Fel Barrage.
3. Mythic+ Affixes
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally, the seasonal affix is at level ten.
3.1. Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of dungeons from boss to trash depending on the week. Havoc Demon Hunters have options to excel in either situations due to extremely heavy burst AoE tools for Fortified, and good burst cooldowns to prioritize Tyrannical bosses. Depending on the dungeon this may lead you to alter talents slightly to prioritize one or the other, but the versatility within the toolkit allows you to orient yourself around what is most important.
3.2. Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% health by 100% until they die.
- Teeming adds additional trash mobs to certain packs throughout each dungeon.
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies Health pools and damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high-Health mobs if there are any.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when a mob is slain. This pool will heal remaining enemies who stay inside the zone and also damage players.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their max Health in damage every four seconds. When handling the Bursting affix, ask how many stacks your healer can handle and try to not mindlessly DPS and exceed your healers stack limit.
3.3. Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer 50% of their maximum Health pool in damage. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more Volcanic plumes that will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking DoT when they fall below 90%.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum Health in damage to each player caught in the zone, as well as interrupting any hard casts being finished during the shockwave.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period of time or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleavable and the number of orbs that spawn scales with the number of enemies pulled.
- Necrotic debuffs the target of enemy melee swings with stacking healing reduction and a minor DoT.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Be especially careful of this in melee, and manage your threat between targets based on what the tank is focusing.
3.4. Seasonal Affix
Infested is the seasonal affix for the launch of Battle for Azeroth. Enemies afflicted with the Infested debuff will be scattered throughout each dungeon once you reach key level ten. These mobs will heal enemies around them and, when slain, will spawn two Spawn of G'huun that will attempt to infest remaining enemies.
There are several ways to handle Infested mobs depending on pack size, which mob is infested, and group composition. The first way to handle an Infested enemy is to burn down the infested target and the subsequently spawning Spawn of G'huun, while either crowd controlling or ignoring the other mobs in the pack. The second way is to crowd control the Infested mob and burn down all the other enemies. After you kill an infested mob and the Spawns of G'huun spawn, Havoc Demon Hunters can cast Chaos Nova to lock it down, and you should ideally be pooling resources or cooldowns to make sure you can burst the parasite down as quickly as possible.
4. Mythic+ Azerite Traits
Generally, you will be following the same Azerite priority as those listed in the Azerite page. Ideally you should have at least one piece with Chaotic Transformation for the single point cooldown reset bonus to accentuate your burst AoE due to its importance in Mythic+.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Slight adjustments to Azerite recommendation for Chaotic Transformation single point.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated for heavier focus on Demonic playstyle.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Updated for Mythic+ opening with preliminary advice.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Page created for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 17th
- Winter Veil 2018 (December 16th - January 2nd)
- How the Secret Hivemind Mount Works
- The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Elemental Shaman 8.0.1
- New to Paladin help!
- Frost Death Knight 8.0.1
- Elemental Shaman PvP 7.2
- My horde dragonhawk died in the combat training??
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1