Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Havoc Demon Hunter in Mythic+
Havoc comes with a slew of options in Battle for Azeroth when approaching Mythic+, with a lot of tools available for different encounters. The on-demand burst AoE of Eye Beam and, if taken, Fel Barrage is extremely good for bursting down large groups. Metamorphosis also provides heavy front-loaded burst on single-target encounters, allowing you to play in a very dynamic way based upon the dungeon. Also primed with a good number of survival and utility options, the specialization has a lot going for it in dungeons.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Havoc Demon Hunter Mythic+ Rotation
You will still be operating under the same rules as the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. That said however, you may want to opt into expending your heavy burst tools as early as possible to burn down large groups of enemies as quickly as possible.
Havoc Demon Hunter Utility
Havoc Demon Hunter comes with a variety of tools that are useful in specific situations, alongside some universally powerful options. This covers AoE crowd control and offensive dispels, alongside group buff utility.
- Consume Magic is an offensive dispel tool on a 10-second cooldown, that also generates Fury when it successfully removes an effect. In Battle for Azeroth, this is much more relevant and many enemies have effects that are a high priority to remove (see our Consume Magic macro on the Havoc Demon Hunter macro page).
- Disrupt is the Havoc interrupt tool on a 15-second cooldown that also generates Fury when used. This should be used as frequently as possible both to prevent dangerous casts, and also capitalize upon the additional off global cooldown Fury generation (see our Disrupt macro on the havoc Demon Hunter macro page).
- Chaos Nova is an AoE stun tool available to Havoc, that stuns all nearby targets for 2 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown with a 30 Fury cost. This is great for disrupting large groups of enemies, and can also be made free with a reduced cooldown when using the Unleashed Power talent.
- Imprison can be used as a crowd control option if a target is too dangerous to engage in a group, or interrupt a high priority cast that is immune to interrupt effects.
- Darkness is a group defense tool that can have some fringe uses to reduce the risk of high damage AoE effects to your group. This does, however, have a random component which hurts its consistency, so should not be relied upon.
- Chaos Brand increases Magic damage taken by targets you deal damaged to, improving group damage in many compositions.
Mythic+ Talents for Havoc Demon Hunter
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|99||? Blind Fury||✓ Demonic Appetite||✗ Felblade|
|100||✗ Insatiable Hunger||✗ Demon Blades||✓ Immolation Aura|
|102||✓ Trail of Ruin||✗ Fel Mastery||✓ Fel Barrage|
|104||? Soul Rending||? Desperate Instincts||? Netherwalk|
|106||✗ Cycle of Hatred||✓ First Blood||✗ Dark Slash|
|108||✓ Unleashed Power||✗ Master of the Glaive||✓ Fel Eruption|
|110||✓ Demonic||✗ Momentum||✗ Nemesis|
These talent choices focus heavily on AoE damage and burst options, due to it being the overwhelming majority of Mythic+ encounters. Some options are here based on what crowd control or survival options you require, but lean into enhancing Havoc's greatest strength — burst AoE. For more information on talents, please refer to our talents page.
Awakened is the seasonal affix for season 4 of Battle for Azeroth. Knowing how to manage each of the 4 bosses that spawn here is important, but largely for Havoc your most important factor is making sure you know which you will be engaging. Make sure you have short burst cooldowns available such as Eye Beam available or, if necessary, Metamorphosis if it is of particularly high priority to die quickly.
If you are in a situation where you need to handle lieutenants spawning with the end boss, then it is absolutely vital you have your cooldowns available to burst these down quickly and ease up the pressure of the final encounter. This is something that you will be managing with your group when deciding your path, therefore cannot have a fixed rule.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
Generally, you will be following the same Azerite priority as those listed in the Azerite page. However, in Mythic+ specifically you should try to aim for the following Azerite whenever possible:
Mythic+ Azerite Essences
Due to Havoc generally being focused on providing AoE for a group, you will find most often that the following Essence setup will be most useful for your group. If you aim to be more rounded or have more single-target damage in your kit, the Azerite Essence page can provide more detailed information regarding the options.
- Essence of the Focusing Iris ( Focused Azerite Beam) — Provides a large additional burst AoE tool that can fill in between the empty AoE Globals that Havoc suffers from due to being cooldown locked.
- Purification Protocol ( Purifying Blast) — An alternative to Iris and doesn't have the opportunity cost of the channel alongside coming with the bonus of occasional instant kills. This deals less damage and is harder to gain the full value from, but will provide you with another AoE tool.
- Purification Protocol ( Purification Protocol) — The only direct damage AoE option, this provides the best gain in dungeons for the role Havoc serves best at.
- Breath of the Dying ( Lethal Strikes) — While this is mostly single-target, the sheer damage this deals makes it powerful even in cleave situations, making it very strong choice.
- Conflict and Strife ( Strife) — Flat stat boosts are useful in the varied damage profiles needed in Mythic+, making this a solid choice. Just can fall off between pulls if not efficient.
- Essence of the Focusing Iris ( Focused Energy) — Flat stat boosts are useful in the varied damage profiles needed in Mythic+, and while this will fall off between pulls, does stack back up very quickly.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Updated for patch 8.3.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Slight adjustments to Azerite recommendation for Chaotic Transformation single point.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated for heavier focus on Demonic playstyle.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Updated for Mythic+ opening with preliminary advice.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Page created for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled