Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Macros for Havoc Demon Hunters
Disrupt Focus Interrupt Macro
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Disrupt
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Disrupt on your focus if available; otherwise, it will be cast on your target (more information about Disrupt on our spells page).
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Consume Magic
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Consume Magic on your focus, if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target (more information about Consume Magic on our spells page).
Sigil Targeting Macros
All Demon Hunter Sigils and Elysian Decree can be modified to be cast without needing to use the targeting circle, removing one input before they go off. This can be done in two different ways (replace the Sigil of Flame text with the name of your chosen Sigil), with the following placing it at your mouse cursor:
- /cast [@cursor] Sigil of Flame
Alternatively, you can cast it at your feet if you are well positioned already:
- /cast [@player] Sigil of Flame
Similarly, you can Macro Metamorphosis to be cast in the same way to instantly enter into it when you need to, with the following landing at your cursor:
- /cast [@cursor] Metamorphosis
Or in place where you are currently standing:
- /cast [@player] Metamorphosis
Recommended Addons for Havoc Demon Hunters
Generic Addons for Demon Hunters
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Hekili is a visual rotation aid that gives a visual cue to help players better grasp the moment-to-moment gameplay that can sometimes be overwhelming. It is regularly updated to align with new simulation profiles as and when they are created, and we highly recommend it as a tool both to learn with and as a helping hand to steer you along the right path, even for experienced players.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Checked for Patch 10.2, no changes necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5, no changes necessary.
- 29 Apr. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1, no changes necessary.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery