Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Macros and Addons — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
Macros for Havoc Demon Hunters
Generic Macros for Demon Hunters
Disrupt Focus Interrupt Macro
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Disrupt
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Consume Magic
Specific Macros for Havoc Demon Hunters
Metamorphosis Cast at your Cursor
- /cast [@cursor] Metamorphosis
Netherwalk Cancel Macro
- /cancelaura Netherwalk
This macro will remove the Netherwalk buff, if active, in the event that you want to remove the pacify early and begin dealing damage again. This is a fairly niche macro, but is useful if you only want to briefly immune damage rather than sit out the full 5 seconds.
Recommended Addons for Havoc Demon Hunters
Generic Addons for Demon Hunters
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Hekili is a visual rotation aid that gives a visual cue to help players better grasp the moment-to-moment gameplay that can sometimes be overwhelming. It is regularly updated to align with new simulation profiles as and when they are created, and we highly recommend it as a tool both to learn with and as a helping hand to steer you along the right path, even for experienced players.
Specific Addons for Havoc Demon Hunters
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher