Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Macros for Havoc Demon Hunters
1.1. Generic Macros for Demon Hunters
1.1.1. Disrupt Focus Interrupt Macro
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Disrupt
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Disrupt on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
1.1.2. Consume Magic
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Consume Magic
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Consume Magic on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
1.2. Specific Macros for Havoc Demon Hunters
1.2.1. Metamorphosis Cast at your Cursor
- /cast [@cursor] Metamorphosis
This macro will instantly cast Metamorphosis at your cursor, bypassing the extra click needed to open up the targeting reticule.
1.2.2. Netherwalk Cancel Macro
- /cancelaura Netherwalk
This macro will remove the Netherwalk buff, if active, in the event that you want to remove the pacify early and begin dealing damage again. This is a fairly niche macro, but is useful if you only want to briefly immune damage rather than sit out the full 5 seconds.
2. Recommended Addons for Havoc Demon Hunters
2.1. Generic Addons for Demon Hunters
2.1.1. Azerite Tooltip
AzeriteTooltip will show what traits are available for an Azerite armor piece for your specialization in the tooltip when moused over.
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
2.1.3. Weak Auras
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
2.1.4. Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Hekili is a visual rotation aid that gives a visual cue to help players better grasp the moment-to-moment gameplay that can sometimes be overwhelming. It is regularly updated to align with new simulation profiles as and when they are created, and we highly recommend it as a tool both to learn with and as a helping hand to steer you along the right path, even for experienced players.
Pawn is an add-on that calculates the value of items based on the stat weights you input for your character. The best thing is to use SimulationCraft to get the stat weights for your own character.
2.2. Specific Addons for Havoc Demon Hunters
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms release and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 28 Jul. 2018: Added Hekili to the list as a regularly updated rotation aid tool.
- Azshara's Eternal Palace Boss Video Preview
- Patch 8.2: Ankoan and Unshackled Waveray Mounts
- How to Get and Return to Mechagon & Nazjatar in Patch 8.2
- Upcoming Vision of Perfection Changes on 8.2 PTR for Brewmaster Monks & Guardian Druids
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.1.5
- Frost Death Knight 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?
- ideal movement as mm
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.
- Azshara potholes are out of control