Vengeance Demon Hunter Patch 9.2 Changes Analysis and Tier Set Thoughts
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.2 changes for Vengeance Demon Hunter affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Vengeance Demon Hunter in Patch 9.2: Eternity's End
Welcome to the Vengeance Demon Hunter 9.2 page. This page will briefly go over the changes and possible changes to Vengeance gameplay in the next patch. For an entire list of all 9.2 changes or Demon Hunter specific changes, please follow the below links.
Base Spec Changes for Patch 9.2
At the time of writing, the 9.2 PTR has no base spec changes.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Talent Changes in Patch 9.2
There are currently no changes to the Demon Hunter talents. To review all talents, please follow the link below:
Vengeance Demon Hunter Tier Set in Patch 9.2
The new raid Sepulcher of the First Ones has reintroduced class sets back to the game. The sets provide a 2-piece and a 4-piece set bonus. The set has 5 available pieces that provide the set bonus so you are able to pick and choose which 4 to use to go hand-in-hand with the equipped Legendaries. The Vengeance set bonuses are:
- Vengeance DH 2-Piece — Damage dealt by Immolation Aura has a 10% chance to generate a lesser soul fragment ( Shattered Souls)
- Vengeance DH 4-Piece — Consuming a lesser soul fragment reduces the remaining cooldown of your Immolation Aura or Fel Devastation by 1 second.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Tier Set Thoughts
The 2-piece spawns an extra soul per target hit. In single-target situations, the 2-piece bonus will rarely spawn a soul which ends up being 1 every 10 hits. Since it spawns based on hits, pulling larger groups of enemies greatly increases the number of souls spawning which will improve the overall healing potential and damage potential if using Spirit Bomb. Overall, the 2-piece bonus is very weak on single-target but becomes very good the more targets pulled at one time.
The 4-piece will reduce the cooldown of Immolation Aura or Fel Devastation. This will be of significant defensive value while tanking if the Demonic talent is used for increased Metamorphosis uptime. This will have a bigger role to play in M+ where you are constantly pulling groups of enemies, causing the 2-piece to spawn more souls to lower the cooldown of Fel Devastation.
Overall, these set bonuses will improve our M+ ability by providing higher uptime of Metamorphosis and more souls for healing but the set will not have a large impact on most fights in the raid. Raids are mainly single-target fights with set timings on when to use big cooldowns like Fel Devastation, so this set will not be a large boost to our ability to tank raids.
Covenant Changes in Patch 9.2 for Vengeance Demon Hunter
There are no changes currently for either the Covenants, Soulbinds, or Conduits. Conduits will have their item level increased to max with this patch but it should not change anything regarding gameplay or choices on how to spec. If interested in overall Covenant information, please follow the link below:
Legendary Changes in Patch 9.2 for Vengeance Demon Hunter
9.2 introduces the ability to equip a Covenant Legendary and another Legendary at one time. As a refresher, the Demon Hunter Covenant Legendaries are below:
- Kyrian — Blind Faith — Elysian Decree shatters 2 additional lesser soul fragments and grants you Blind Faith for 20 seconds. For each lesser soul fragment you consume while Blind Faith is active, you gain 1% versatility and 10 Fury.
- Necrolord — Demonic Oath — When Fodder to the Flame's demon explodes, it inflicts Fiery Brand to 5 nearby enemies for 5 seconds. Additionally, Shattered Soul's duration is increased by 8 seconds.
- Night Fae — Blazing Slaughter — The Hunt engulfs you with Immolation Aura upon reaching your target and you gain 4% Agility for 12 seconds for each enemy hit.
- Venthyr — Agony Gaze — Sinful Brand deals 10% increased damage and Fel Devastation damage increases the duration of Sinful Brand by 0.75 seconds.
Overall, Kyrian is still the best pick for Vengeance Demon Hunter. Introducing Blind Faith does not change the overall Legendary choice because Blind Faith does not create any new synergy with existing Legendaries or with the new set bonuses for Kyrian. The alternate Legendary will be Razelikh's Defilement in raid and Darkglare Boon in Mythic+.
There is a new raid synergy between Venthyr and the set bonus to lower the cooldown on Fel Devastation and Darkglare Boon to get resets of its cooldown. This will be worse than Kyrian on average but if you are lucky with resets on Fel Devastation it can do very good damage.
To overview all Legendaries, please follow the link below:
- 11 Sep. 2022: Legendary recommendation updated and tier set corrected.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Page adjusted for Patch 9.2 launch.
- 15 Jan. 2022: Page added with initial thoughts and information.
More Demon Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd