Augmentation Evoker DPS Easy Mode — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we explain how to easily play Augmentation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This page is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous subtleties and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of Augmentation Evokers
The Augmentation Evoker playstyle is very fluid, revolving around buffing others then casting your damaging spells to extend your buffs.
Blizzard implemented auto-targeting features for Augmentations buffs to make the class as welcoming as possible for newer players. For example, while targeting an enemy, casting Prescience will default to the nearest DPS and Blistering Scales will target the enemies current target.
In Mythic+, you do not have to worry about target selection of your buffs at all, as they will all automatically cast on the correct targets.
While optimisation of who you buff in a raid is possible, it is definitely not necessary to enjoy the class. For more information on who to buff if you wish to optimise, see our page on Buff Targeting linked below:
For more information on what each spell does for Augmentation Evoker, we have linked the page below, which goes into more detail on this:
Talent Choice for Augmentation Evokers
These choices are optimized for ease of use.
Two default builds are detailed below. These provide a balance of throughput and unique utility. You can import these talent trees in-game by pressing the "Copy Export String" button on the calculator and Importing the string as a new talent layout in game.
Generic All Rounder Build:
If you want a more in-depth explanation of when what talent is best utilized, the full talent page is linked below.
Stat Choice for Augmentation Evokers
Currently, item level is by far the most important aspect of gearing. Following that, Mastery is very powerful, and then Haste and Critical Strike are very similar in power, slightly favoring haste. If at all possible, you would want to prioritize your stats like this:
- Item Level;
- Critical Strike;
On Jewelry (and pieces without Intellect on them), the priority is as follows:
- Item Level;
- Critical Strike;
The stats page will go into more detail on exactly what exactly each stat does for us Augmentation Evokers.
Basic Rotation for Augmentation Evokers
The priority system for Augmentation Evoker is not very complicated as a whole, as you are focusing on several short cooldown abilities and filling the gaps with Living Flame. However, delaying casts of Prescience or Ebon Might can lead to large DPS losses quickly. It is important to only use Empower spells during Ebon Might.
- Cast Prescience
- Cast Ebon Might
- Cast Breath of Eons
- Cast Fire Breath at empower level 3/4 if Ebon Might is up.
- Cast Upheaval at empower level 1 if Ebon Might is up.
- Cast Eruption if Ebon Might is up or you have 2 Essence Burst or capped Essence.
- Cast Living Flame
- If you need to move whilst casting, use Hover. If you have no charges of Hover left, then use Azure Strike.
You can go to the rotation page to find out more about the rotation and how it changes at different target counts and with different talents here.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2