Assassination Rogue Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Assassination Rogue, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary powers are bonus effects you can craft onto certain items in Shadowlands by visiting the Runecarver in Torghast. If you are not yet familiar with this process, feel free to check out our comprehensive Runecarving Guide.
The legendary powers we list on this page are ranked by performance and usefulness. Sadly, not all legendary powers are strong enough to make the list. If you are interested in learning more about all legendary effects that are available to Rogue, regardless of spec, you can do so in our Rogue legendary power overview.
Best Overall Legendary for Assassination Rogue
The best overall legendary power for Assassination Rogue is Zoldyck Insignia. It increases the damage of all your Poisons and bleeds by 30% on targets that are below 30% health.
A lot of your damage is either considered bleeding or Poison damage, and any target that drops below the 30% health threshold will suddenly take much more damage. It is very effective both on single-target as well as on AoE, and coupled with the talent Blindside you can become quite the powerhouse whenever you and your group need heavy execute damage.
This legendary power can be crafted onto either the Feet or Leg slot. You should definitely craft it on the Legs slot, if possible, since it is one of the three highest item-budget item slots (together with your chest and helmet). As the Runecarver allows you to choose the secondary stats you craft onto your legendary, this will allow you to have an item with BiS stats on one of the most valuable equipment pieces your character is wearing.
The recipe for crafting this legendary power can be found inside one of the wings of Torghast, Coldheart Interstitia. You will need to be able beat the boss of the third layer of this wing to find it. You do not have to be specced into Assassination to be able to loot it.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Assassination Rogue
- Zoldyck Insignia is the strongest single-target and multi-target legendary. It is also useful on any fight that has a much more difficult final phase, where execute damage becomes more important.
- Dashing Scoundrel is your second-best option. It is very powerful on both single-target and AoE, albeit slightly worse than Zoldyck. You can play this on any fight that has a more difficult phase where Zoldyck does not yet provide any damage bonuses.
- Doomblade is only worth using on pure single-target encounters. It synergizes well with our Conduit, Well-Placed Steel, and can be quite potent when you prepare your Shiv windows properly by pooling Energy beforehand.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is the best option out of all the legendary powers that are not specific to Assassination. It can be used for on-demand burst, due to the high Critical Strike Chance it provides after using Vanish.
- Duskwalker's Patch allows for a fairly strong cooldown reduction to Vendetta. This might be a very situational pick if the lowered cooldown allows you to line up Vendetta with certain bonus-damage phases.
- Essence of Bloodfang is our only legendary effect that provides a bit more than just raw DPS. However, the healing is incredibly minor, and the performance difference too high to justify using it for a bit more self-healing.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Assassination Rogue
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast legendaries. While you will be engaging in a lot more single-target scenarios inside dungeons and the halls of Torghast, single-target damage is still important to take down the most difficult elites and bosses.
- Zoldyck Insignia remains the best choice due to its strong benefits on both AoE and single-target.
- Dashing Scoundrel is your second best option here as well. Sustaining high levels of Energy on AoE is much easier with this legendary, and it allows for a smoother rotation as well as requiring fewer bleeds that generate Energy for you via Venomous Wounds. Poisons dealing high damage is also very beneficial if you are forced to kite enemies within Torghast.
- Essence of Bloodfang becomes very powerful whenever you start using Fan of Knives as your Combo Point generator. It is a solid legendary in all multi-target situations, but lacks a bit of strength against bosses or when fighting elites.
- Mark of the Master Assassin is very powerful whenever you can re-Stealth frequently. However, our openers generally consist of casting Garrote multiple times to ramp up our energy generation, "wasting" a large part of the bonus of this legendary. Vanishing for DPS is also very unreliable within Torghast, to the point where enemies might reset and you have to start the fight all over again. It is still very potent in Mythic+ however, since the high Critical Strike Chance allows for consistent Combo Point generation through Seal Fate.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Server Stability and Queuing Issues (Official)
- WARNING: Issues with Covenant Switching
- Inky Black Shadowlands Look Amazing Too!
- Silverwind Larion Secret Mount Found + Guide
- All Covenant-related Mounts List/Image
- Official New Player Adventure Trailer + Timewalking Campaigns Post
- Final List of the Most Popular Tanks and Healers for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch: Week 6
- Unintended 10% Damage Boost in Raids