Preservation Evoker Healing Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Preservation Evoker, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Preservation Evoker
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Preservation Evoker, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Preservation Evokers
In Dragonflight, there are many new gems added that can help you balance your stats. Primalist gems exist, which are limited to having only one in your gear. You will always want at least one of these and prefer Skillful Illimited Diamond. Outside of that, Sensei's Neltharite will be your preferred gem of choice.
In Mythic+, mastery loses a lot of value when focused on damage, which makes other gems such as Crafty Alexstraszite and Inscribed Illimited Diamond much better.
Best Enchants for Preservation Evokers
The best enchants for Evoker are fairly straightforward outside of your weapon enchant. Enchant Weapon - Spore Tender is a new enchant that will buff your allies by a significant amount. While buffing your allies is nice, the enchant falls slightly behind Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion.
Consumables for Preservation Evokers
Best Flasks and Potions for Preservation
Phial of Elemental Chaos and Phial of Tepid Versatility are both viable choices for raid. Tepid Versatility will give you a consistently high amount of vers, but Elemental Chaos will provide you with 1 of another stat at any given moment, but it will just be less of that stat than what you would get from using the vers phial. That being said, it does provide some unique bonuses.
Potion of Chilled Clarity was nerfed in Patch 10.1 and should not be used in any circumstance. You will instead be using Potion of Frozen Focus or Aerated Mana Potion.
In Mythic+, you can use Elemental Potion of Power to increase your overall DPS output.
Refreshing Healing Potion can be used in addition to Healthstone as an emergency heal, as these do not share a cooldown. Potion of Withering Dreams offers you the highest amount of emergency healing, but will cause you to take quite a bit of damage over the next 30 seconds. In general, this will be your preferred health pot given that you only use health pots when in emergencies, making the extra initial heal more valuable.
Best Food for Preservation
The best food will come from the feast, Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak. If you do not have a feast available, you can eat specific stat food such as Fated Fortune Cookie.
Other Consumables for Preservation
Dragonflight has introduced some new potions that are worth keeping on your character. Potion of Gusts will cause you to leap forward and can be exceptionally useful in the right raid situation.
Similarly, Residual Neural Channeling Agent was added as a new potion in Dragonflight and will allow you to deal damage while dead. It does share a cooldown with normal combat potions, but if you had yet to use one and find yourself dead, this could be used for a bit of extra damage.
In Dragonflight, you do NOT need to use any form of Tomes to change talents. You can make talent adjustments at any time.
Augment Runes for Preservation
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 21 Nov. 2023: Weapon enchant recommendation changed.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.
- 28 Mar. 2023: Primordial Gem recommendations updated.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 28 Dec. 2022: Consumable/enchants updated.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)