Protection Warrior Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Protection Warrior affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Protection Warrior in Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
This page will go over the changes between Patches 9.0.5 and 9.1, specifically how the changes impact the playstyle, best Legendaries, Covenants, etc. If you are simply interested in what the current changes are for Protection Warrior in 9.1, you can instead read our full list of changes to the entire Warrior class on our dedicated page below. For an additional list of content in Patch 9.1, you can also check out our Patch 9.1 Overview page.
Best Talents in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
There are currently no changes to the best talents in 9.1.
Best Legendary in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
- Elysian Might has been announced as the Kyrian Legendary. It increases the duration of the tether by 4 seconds and also provides you with 25% increased critical strike damage when you are nearby it. This power will more than likely see some play in PvP, but as for PvE it still remains lackluster.
- Glory is the new Necrolord Legendary. It extends the Mastery buff from Conqueror's Banner to 3 allies instead of 2 and also increases the duration of the buff by 0.5 seconds for every 10 Rage spent while active. While you can get the duration up to decently high levels, it unfortunately only affects your own buff and not your allies'. It can also be really hard to keep the buff up at times when you have nothing to attack or you use a wrong ability. It can still see some play in dedicated groups that can make good use of the buff.
- Nature's Fury is Night Fae's new Legendary. It is a straightforward power that just increases the damage and duration of Ancient Aftershock. It doubles down on the strengths of the ability making it even better in multi-target situations.
- Sinful Surge is Venthyr's new addition. It makes Condemn extend the duration of Last Stand by 4 seconds. This extension unfortunately does not apply to Bolster or Unnerving Focus. If it would work with either of these two it would make this Legendary a lot stronger, but as it stands now it is just a health pool increase.
Unfortunately the new Legendaries, as they are now, are lackluster compared to the ones we are using currently: The Wall and Reprisal. The good news is that they are only a few buffs away from being solid.
Best Covenant in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
There are currently no changes to the best Covenants in 9.1.
- 17 Jul. 2021: Removed PTR references.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Added Kyrian-specific Legendary information.
- 18 May 2021: Added descriptions of new Legendary Powers.
- 27 Apr. 2021: Page created.
- New Efflorescence Animation in Patch 9.1.5
- New Timewalking Dungeons Available in Patch 9.1.5
- World First Shadowlands Mythic+ 28 Completed in Time!
- Patch 9.1 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 21st
- Big Love Rocket Renamed to X-45 Heartbreaker in Patch 9.1.5
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 21st
- Blizzard Replaced the Word "Blacklisted" with "Blocklisted" in Their Code
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 226 Gear Piece