Protection Warrior Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Protection Warrior affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Protection Warrior in Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
This page will go over how the changes currently on the Patch 9.1 Public Test Realm (PTR) will affect Protection Warriors, specifically how the changes impact the playstyle, best Legendaries, Covenants, etc. If you are simply interested in what the current changes are for Protection Warrior on the 9.1 PTR, you can read our Patch 9.1 Warrior Changes.
Due to the nature of testing and ongoing development, any changes to Protection Warriors on the PTR are likely to be incomplete and/or not final. Make sure to keep checking this page over time for additional changes, and we highly recommend reviewing our Protection Warrior guide once 9.1 goes live for definitive thoughts on what changed and its impact on gameplay.
Best Talents in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
There are currently no changes to the best talents in 9.1.
Best Legendary in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
- Elysian Might has been announced as the Kyrian Legendary. It increases the duration of the tether by 4 seconds and also provides you with 25% increased critical strike damage when you are nearby it. This power will more than likely see some play in PvP, but as for PvE it still remains extremely lackluster.
- Glory is the new Necrolord Legendary. It extends the Mastery buff from Conqueror's Banner to 3 allies instead of 2 and also increases the duration of the buff by 0.5 seconds for every 10 Rage spent while active. While you can get the duration up to decently high levels, it unfortunately only affects your own buff and not your allies'. It can also be really hard to keep the buff up at times when you have nothing to attack or you use a wrong ability.
- Nature's Fury is Night Fae's new Legendary. It is a straightforward power that just increases the damage and duration of Ancient Aftershock. It doubles down on the strengths of the ability making it even better in multi-target situations.
- Sinful Surge is Venthyr's new addition. It makes Condemn extend the duration of Last Stand by 4 seconds. This extension unfortunately does not apply to Bolster or Unnerving Focus. If it would work with either of these two it would make this Legendary a lot stronger, but as it stands now it is just a health pool increase.
Unfortunately the new Legendaries, as they are now, are lackluster compared to the ones we are using currently: The Wall and Reprisal. The good news is that they are only a few buffs away from being solid.
Best Covenant in Patch 9.1 for Protection Warrior
There are currently no changes to the best Covenants in 9.1.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Added Kyrian-specific Legendary information.
- 18 May 2021: Added descriptions of new Legendary Powers.
- 27 Apr. 2021: Page created.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1