Restoration Shaman Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Restoration Shaman in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Are Restoration Shamans Good?
Restoration Shamans are excellent in Raids and PvP due to their high healing and utility. They are also a great pick in Mythic+, having high utility and a ranged interrupt, as well as strong DPS with minimal global cooldown investment from Acid Rain, Stormkeeper and other DPS talents.
A summary of all changes for the latest patch can be found on our Restoration Shaman introduction page. Read on for a more detailed opinion on our state for Mythic+, PvP, and Raids.
Are Restoration Shamans Good in Raids?
They are great due to powerful, unique tools, such as Spirit Link Totem, Ancestral Protection Totem, and strong cooldown-oriented healing.
Are Restoration Shamans Good in Mythic+?
Restoration Shamans are an excellent class for pushing high keys, as they have decent healing, as well as high burst damage on demand with Stormkeeper and the sustained damage of Acid Rain. They are among the only healers who can interrupt from range and have many utility talents for all situations.
If you do wish to go ahead and try to complete higher keys as a Restoration Shaman, you can find more information on how to maximize your output on our Mythic+ page below.
Are Restoration Shamans Good in PvP?
As the most versatile healers in the game, with roots, slows, strong healing output, mobility, and even a ranged interrupt, they always have a place on PvP teams.
If you wish to try PvP as a Restoration Shaman, you can follow the advice in our spec PvP guide below.
Best Trinkets for Restoration Shamans?
Echoing Tyrstone and Coagulated Genesaur Blood are the best trinkets available in the current patch because of their raw power and ease of use. All trinkets are detailed in our Gear guide.
Is There a Haste Cap for Restoration Shamans?
There is no Haste cap. Its purpose is to make your rotation feel smoother and more responsive. The increased throughput comes at the cost of Mana, however.
We cover the stat priority and assess each stat in more detail on our dedicated stats page, linked below.
What is the Best Race for Restoration Shamans?
The best race for Alliance players is Dwarf ( Stoneform and Might of the Mountain), while Horde players should go Tauren for PvE ( Brawn) or Orc ( Hardiness) for PvP.
You can learn more about racial benefits and other aspects of the class on the simulations page.
How Does Earth Shield Interact with Chain Heal?
Earth Shield does not increase the whole Chain Heal by 20% when cast on a target with it. Only the first hit is increased, and this applies to all other interactions with Earth Shield; only its target gets the healing increase and only while Earth Shield is active.
Does Chain Heal Require High Tide to be Used?
Chain Heal casts with the High Tide buff are very powerful, but Chain Heal still does a good amount of healing even outside these windows, and you can use it whenever area healing is required, as long as you have Mana.
Does High Tide Activate from Free Casts Made While Innervated?
Yes! Casts done under the effects of Innervate cost 0 Mana but are still counted towards High Tide's next activation threshold.
What is the Best Loa for Zandalari Restoration Shamans?
The Critical Strike buff provided by Embrace of Pa'ku is currently the best choice available.
- 09 Nov. 2023: Added predicted best trinkets in Season 3.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Revamped Shaman viability sections, as the current condition of the spec is much better than before.
- 08 Apr. 2023: Removed Wellspring bug mention now that its been fixed.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated Wellspring mentions with its 10.0.7 nerfs and general text clearing.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Further updates to Chain Heal and High Tide usage.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2