Discipline Priest Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Discipline Priest affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Discipline Priest Patch 9.1 Changes Overview
For this section of the guide I will go over all the important changes you need to know as a Discipline Priest going into Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands. A full list of changes to the entire Priest class can be found on our dedicated page below. For an additional list of content that came in Patch 9.1, you can also check out our Patch 9.1 Overview page.
Talent Changes for Patch 9.1
Spirit Shell is seeing a 30-second nerf to its cooldown, making it one minute and 30 seconds instead of its current one minute. This nerf increases the potential viability of Evangelism going into the current raid tier.
Take a look at our Raid guide to see what talent will be played on each boss.
New Legendaries for Patch 9.1
Spheres' Harmony is a new Legendary for Kyrian Priests that augments Boon of the Ascended. For every stack of Boon consumed by Ascended Eruption, Boon's cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds, up to a maximum of 60 seconds off. This Legendary has potential in raids, depending on the encounter, and looks very powerful for Mythic+. In its current state, expect to be crafting this Legendary if you are Kyrian.
Shadow Word: Manipulation is a new Legendary for Venthyr Priests that causes Mindgames to last an additional 3 seconds, reverse an additional 10% damage or healing, and when one of the debuffs is consumed, increase your Critical Strike chance by 5% for each second remaining. Unfortunately, this Legendary does not compare to the power gained from other available Legendaries in either content type and will likely not see play.
Pallid Command is a new Legendary for Necrolord Priests that grants you a Maldraxxi Champion to aid you in combat when you cast Unholy Nova. Unfortunately, this effect does not currently seem anywhere near strong enough to increase the viability of Necrolord for Discipline Priest.
Bwonsamdi's Pact is a new Legendary for Night Fae Priests that gives you a haunted mask that copies the effect of an existing faerie on its current target. Unfortunately, this effect does not currently seem anywhere near strong enough to increase the viability of Night Fae for Discipline Priest.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated page to reflect the launch of Patch 9.1.
- 07 Jun. 2021: Added new covenant legendaries.
- 04 May 2021: Page created with initial information.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)