Vendor Battle Pets in Shadowlands Patch 9.1
Not all pets require to be found in the Wild or farmed in a raid. On this page you can find the Battle Pets which are obtained by purchasing from a vendor.
Purchasable and Reputation-Required Battle Pets
There are a total of 8 Battle Pets which are either purchasable from vendors or unlocked by gaining reputation with specific factions. Death's Advance, The Archivists' Codex and Ve'nari all provide a Battle Pet once the requirements are met. To help you gain the needed reputation faster take a look at our guides below.
|Flawless Amethyst Baubleworm||Oribos||Sold by Keeper Ta'hult||Costs 10,000 Polished Pet Charm|
|Ruby Baubleworm||Oribos||Sold by Keeper Ta'hult||Costs 1 Ground Gear, 1 Robble's Wobbly Staff, 1 Very Unlucky Rock|
|Topaz Baubleworm||Oribos||Sold by Keeper Ta'hult||Costs 1 Rotting Bear Carcass, Dark Iron Baby Booties, The Stoppable Force|
|Turquoise Baubleworm||Oribos||Sold by Keeper Ta'hult||Costs 1 Rabbit's Foot, 1 Large Slimy Bone, 1 A Frayed Knot|
|Domestic Aunian||Korthia||Death's Advance — Honored||Sold by Duchess Mynx for 50 Polished Pet Charm and 1500 Stygia|
|Gnashtooth||Korthia||The Archivists' Codex — Rank 6||Contained in Supplies of the Archivists' Codex, Paragon Cache (see details below)|
|Korthia||Death's Advance — Exalted||Contained in Death's Advance Supplies, Paragon Cache|
|Rook||The Maw||Ve'nari — Exalted||Contained in Mysterious Gift from Ve'nari, Paragon Cache|
Purchasable Battle Pets
There are 5 Battle Pets that were added in Patch 9.1 that can be purchased from Vendors. The cost of these pets varies from an enormous amount of Polished Pet Charms to some seemingly useless grey items. All of these grey items can be purchased from Auction House. As some of them have a very low drop chance we suggest you check the Auction House first.
Flawless Amethyst Baubleworm
Flawless Amethyst Baubleworm costs 10,000 Polished Pet Charms making it one of the most time consuming Battle Pets to obtain, unless you have hoarded the Charms previously. These can be obtained by doing Pet Battle World Quests or completing missions with the Command Table in your Covenant Sanctum.
Flawless Amethyst Baubleworm has the following abilities:
This pet can be purchased for some grey items that drop all over the World...of Warcraft. Alternatively these items can also be bought on the Auction House.
- Ground Gear — From Mimiron in Ulduar raid
- Alternatively you can farm these from various Mechanical enemies in Borean Tundra but you have to be below Level 60 to have a chance of the item dropping from the Mechanical enemies
- Robble's Wobbly Staff — From various thrash enemies in the Firelands
- Very Unlucky Rock — Lucky Horace's Lucky Chest — Nazmir at /way 77.66, 36.16
Ruby Baubleworm has the following abilities:
Topaz Baubleworm can also be bought with some grey items that need to be collected in various zones of various expansions. Alternatively these items can also be bought on the Auction House.
- Rotting Bear Carcass — Dropped by Vicious Gray Bears in
the Old Hillsbrad Foothills (Escape from Durnholde) instance
- Alternatively it can drop from bears found in Azeroth, especially in Winterspring.You have to be below Level 60 to have a chance of the item dropping from these bears
- Dark Iron Baby Booties — Found in Blackrock Depths — Relic Coffer chests
- Relic Coffer Chests require a Relic Coffer Key to open — these are dropped by various enemies inside Blackrock Depths
- The Stoppable Force — Dropped by various Trash mobs in different The Burning Crusade raids
Topaz Baubleworm has the following abilities:
- Tail Slap or Arcane Barrage
- Crystal Prison or Paralyzing Venom
- Crystal Overload or Prismatic Barrier
Much like the other Baubleworms, you have to collect grey items in order to purchase this. Alternatively these items can also be bought on the Auction House.
- Rabbit's Foot &mdsah; Dropped by various Wolves in Azeroth, does not
drop for max level characters
- For Alliance — farm Blackrock Worgs in Northshire, the Human starting area
- For Horde — farm Young Scavengers in Deathknell, the Undead starting area
- Large Slimy Bone — Drops from different Oozes and Slimes
- The Wailing Caverns instance in The Barrens is a great place to farm this. Nightmare Ectoplasm, Evolving Ectoplasm, and others can drop this item
- A Frayed Knot — Requires a Rogue to use Pick Pocket on humanoids in Azeroth. Elwynn Forest and Tirisfal Glades are good spots
Turquoise Baubleworm has the following abilities:
Domestic Aunian has the following abilities:
- Lick or Feral Strike
- Kick or Primal Cry
- Dust Cloud or Refuge
Paragon Cache Battle Pets
The following 3 pets are obtained from various Paragon Caches, one from Death's Advance, one from The Archivists' Codex, and one from Ve'nari.
Gnashtooth has the following abilities:
Mosscoated Gromit has the following abilities:
- Lick or Feral Strike
- Kick or Photosynthesis
- Dust Cloud or Primal Cry
Rook has the following abilities:
Paragon Caches and NPCs
To obtain a Paragon Cache you need to reach Exalted with a faction. After reaching Exalted, each 10,000 Reputation gained with this faction will provide you with a quest which will reward you with a Paragon Cache.
Below you can find the locations of Keeper Ta'hult who is selling some of the Battle Pets and Duchess Mynx.
- Keeper Ta'hult location — Oribos — Hall of Curiosities
- Duchess Mynx location — Korthia, /way 63.35, 23.39
Other Battle Pets in Patch 9.1
Patch 9.1 includes more than just vendor-related pets. To learn more, check out our hub for the entire pet guide and visit some of the other sections covered within!
- 18 Nov. 2021: Page added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1