Affliction Warlock PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Dragonflight / 10.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Affliction Warlock in PvP
For more information about what Covenants offer you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Warlocks.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. Soulbinds are Covenant-specific whereas Conduits are the same across all Covenants. Below is the best and only viable Covenant for Affliction Warlocks.
- Night Fae is the best Covenant to choose. This Covenant unlocks Korayn, a powerful Soulbind that gives you passives like Face Your Foes, Wild Hunt Tactics and Wild Hunt Strategem. You also get a strong damaging ability, Soul Rot, and a mobility spell in Soulshape.
Best Soulbinds for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Night Fae.
At the end of this path, you will have gained mobility and damage from Wild Hunt Tactics. In addition to this, you gain damage from the passive Wild Hunt Strategem as well as damage reduction in the form of Face Your Foes.
Best Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Rolling Agony is the best Potency Conduit you can get. This increases the duration of your Agony. This is mandatory for increasing your overall damage output.
- Soul Eater makes Soul Rot deal more damage to targets and increases the AoE range.
- Corrupting Leer provides cooldown reduction on your Summon Darkglare ability, which is a strong offensive DPS cooldown.
Best Endurance Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Accrued Vitality makes Drain Life heal for more. This will help with your survivability when you need the self healing.
Best Finesse Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Shade of Terror makes your Fear withstand more damage before breaking. This is crucial, as you can Fear targets even if they have DoTs on them and not worry about Fear cancelling its duration.
- Demonic Momentum makes it so your movement speed is increased after using Demonic Circle: Teleport. This is an important Conduit that will make it easier to kite away from enemies.
Best Legendaries for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
In Patch 9.2, the ability to unlock two Legendaries will be achievable. This allows players to use their Covenant related Legendary as well as another Legendary.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Affliction Warlocks.
- Claw of Endereth is the best Legendary you can get. This increases the rate at which your Drain Life spell channels and synergises particularly well with the talent Inevitable Demise to greatly empower your self-healing and burst.
- Decaying Soul Satchel is the Night Fae Legendary which you can get. This increases your Haste and Crit depending on how many targets your Soul Rot hits. This synergises very well as it scales your DoTs as well as synergising with Drain Life and your Legendary Claw of Endereth.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 29 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 07 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1