Affliction Warlock PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Affliction Warlock in PvP
For more information about what Covenants offer you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Warlocks.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. Soulbinds are Covenant-specific whereas Conduits are the same across all Covenants. Below is the best and only viable Covenant for Affliction Warlocks.
- Night Fae is the best Covenant to choose. This Covenant unlocks Korayn, a powerful Soulbind that gives you passives like Face Your Foes and Wild Hunt Tactics. You also get a strong damaging ability, Soul Rot, and a mobility spell in Soulshape.
Best Soulbinds for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Night Fae.
Best Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Rolling Agony is the best Potency Conduit you can get. This increases the duration of your Agony. This is mandatory for increasing your overall damage output.
- Focused Malignancy makes Malefic Rapture deal more damage to targets with Unstable Affliction on them.
Best Endurance Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Accrued Vitality makes Drain Life heal for more. This will help with your survivability when you need the self healing.
- Resolute Barrier makes it so large attacks against you reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve. This can only happen once every 30 seconds.
Best Finesse Conduits for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
- Shade of Terror makes your Fear withstand more damage before breaking. This is crucial, as you can Fear targets even if they have DoTs on them and not worry about Fear cancelling its duration.
- Demonic Momentum makes it so your movement speed is increased after using Demonic Circle: Teleport. This is an important Conduit that will make it easier to kite away from enemies.
Best Legendaries for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Affliction Warlocks.
- Sacrolash's Dark Strike is the best legendary you can get. This increases your overall damage output and slows your enemies. This saves you globals as you do not need to use Curse of Exhaustion. This should be used in nearly every situation.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is also a legendary that might find play. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. This can happen once every 30 seconds. This stacks with the Orc racial Hardiness.
- Pillars of the Dark Portal gives you much more mobility with Demonic Gateway. This can be used versus teams with two melee on them.
- 29 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 07 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs