Arcane Mage PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Arcane Mage PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Arcane Mage in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Mages.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay and playstyle. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Arcane Mage.
- Venthyr is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives another school of damage to cast on (Shadow), as well as a mobility ability and a utility ability. It also provides Familiar Predicaments on one of its Soulbinds, which is very strong for Arcane as it only has one school to cast from.
- Night Fae is another good Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that can reduce the cooldown of your abilities and give you strong kiting potential.
Best Soulbinds for Arcane Mage in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
This is the Soulbind and path you should be taking if you choose Night Fae.
From this Night Fae path, you will be able to receive a cheat death ability, Podtender, as well as increased Haste from Field of Blossoms, and finally Dream Delver giving a flat 3% damage bonus to any target you attack.
Best Conduits for Arcane Mage in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Arcane Mage in PvP
- Nether Precision makes it so consuming Clearcasting increases the damage of the next 2 Arcane Blasts by a percentage.
- Magi's Brand increases Touch of the Magis damage by a good portion, making you have a larger burst.
Best Endurance Conduits for Arcane Mage in PvP
- Diverted Energy makes your barriers heal you for a percentage of damage absorbed. This is very good with one Legendary called Triune Ward.
- Tempest Barrier provides a shield after you Shimmer for a portion of HP.
Best Finesse Conduits for Arcane Mage in PvP
- Grounding Surge allows for when you successfully Counterspell an enemy to receive a few seconds off that ability.
- Flow of Time reduces the cooldown of Blink, making it a little easier to kite and be able to land CC.
Best Legendaries for Arcane Mage in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Arcane Mage.
- Triune Ward is the best Legendary for Arcane Mages. This Legendary makes it so you receive all 3 barriers from each spec at 65% effectiveness. Not only do you receive a very large barrier, but you also receive the benefits of all 3.
- Arcane Bombardment is another great Legendary for Arcane Mages. This Legendary makes it so Arcane Barrage does 130% increased damage to targets under 35% HP. This Legendary is great for executing enemies and having large pressure to finish off the opponent.
- Arcane Harmony is another damage Legendary for Arcane Mages. This makes it so each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of the next Arcane Barrage is increased by 8%. This does stack up to 18 times and you can see it as a buff. This Legendary is great for consistent damage with your Arcane Missiles and Arcane Barrages.
- Sinful Delight is the new Venthyr Covenant Legendary, making clearcast reduce Mirrors of Torment by 3 seconds; if the ability is dispelled, its cooldown will also be reduced by 45 seconds. This Legendary could potentially be powerful and have play, however as of the time writing this guide, it is not available for use.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour