Guardian Druid Tank Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Guardian Druid for each boss of the following raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
On this page, you will find Guardian Druid specific information to deal with each boss in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Guardian Druid and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.
The following Legendary Power recommendations are going to suggest using either The Natural Order's Will or Ursoc's Fury Remembered as defensive options and Legacy of the Sleeper for an offensive choice.
As a note, all information provided was given before the release of Dragonflight and therefore will not reflect any changes made after the release of the Dragonflight Pre-patch.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
The following talent builds works well for every single boss encounter.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Vigilant Guardian.
- The boss will periodically summon adds throughout the fight which need to be picked up urgently as they melee raid members quite hard.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid get to the other side of the room or move into the force fields when Exposed Core is cast.
- When the boss comes out do not stand under where it spawns as it deals massive damage and when you taunt make sure to face it away from the raid.
- Taunt swap on each Pneumatic Impact in Phase 2.
For more information, please refer to our Vigilant Guardian guide.
Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener.
- You can use Stampeding Roar to quickly run to the stacking position when the raid is ready to clear stacks.
- Tanks should be within 10 yards of each other for Wormhole Jaws but also slightly spread, as the boss hits both tanks the entire time and the tank mechanics are all a small frontal cone.
- Taunt on each cast of Riftmaw.
- Earthwarden does not work unless you are the tank with aggro.
- While this is a single-target boss, catweaving can be hard due to the constant tank cleave mechanics similar to Sludgefist from Castle Nathria.
For more information, please refer to our Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendary against Artificer Xy'mox.
- Taunt swap on each cast of Glyph of Relocation.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid run from Genesis Rings.
- When adds spawn, pick them up quickly and face them away as they have a large frontal cone attack ( Massive Blast).
- Interrupt Debilitating Ray as often as possible. All CC works like Incapacitating Roar and Typhoon.
- With Legacy of the Sleeper equipped and Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc active you can safely immune the traps placed on the ground if they are in bad positions. They do respawn rather quickly but it can be extremely helpful at certain times.
Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle.
- Save your burst DPS like Convoke the Spirits for when the boss casts Siphoned Barrier.
- Taunt swap when the Infused Strikes debuff expires as it explodes on the raid for a large amount of damage at higher stacks.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid run through the waves spanwed from Disintegration Halo or to dodge Obliteration Arc. You can also blink over this with Soulshape or Door of Shadows to avoid getting a debuff completely.
For more information, please refer to our Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Prototype Pantheon.
- Taunt swap after each cast of Wracking Pain.
- Taunt swap after each cast of Humbling Strikes. Also cycle defensive cooldowns for this as your raid will be hit for 30% of the damage you take.
- Group together all 4 bosses at the end. Save your cooldowns for this too.
- Interrupt Gloom Bolt and Anima Bolt with Skull Bash as often as possible.
- Use Stampeding Roar after the Hand of Destruction cast to help your raid run and spread out quickly for the next mechanics to come.
For more information, please refer to our Prototype Pantheon guide.
Lihuvim, Principal Architect
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Lihuvim, Principal Architect.
- This has a slightly more complicated taunt swap, similar to Guardian of the First Ones, where the boss alternates between Kinetic Resonance and Sundering Resonance. One tank should take all the Kinetic Resonance casts and the other all the Sundering Resonance casts. It is also possible to solo tank this entire combo with only Survival Instincts which makes the combo significantly easier.
- Taunt swap on each Deconstructing Energy cast.
- Use Stampeding Roar to run from one side of the room to the other as the room is extremely large.
- This is an excellent catweaving boss as it is primarily single-target with large time between taunt swaps.
For more information, please refer to our Lihuvim, Principal Architect guide.
Halondrus the Reclaimer
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Halondrus the Reclaimer.
- Taunt swap immediately on each cast of Lightshatter Beam as it is a 500% increased damage taken debuff and will likely kill your other tank if you are late to taunt.
- Aim the Lightshatter Beam at the Ephemeral Mote adds to break the Fractal Shell they have.
- Use Wild Charge or Skull Bash to charge back from the Shatter knockback.
- Use Stampeding Roar for the big movement phase as it is an extremely large boss room encounter.
- Earthwarden does not work on this boss.
- This can be a valuable boss to catweave on but due to the fast rate of taunt swaps, it can be quite challenging.
For more information, please refer to our Halondrus the Reclaimer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Anduin Wrynn.
- Taunt swap when the Dark Zeal stacks start to get dangerous for your other tank. This can be around 10 stacks or so.
- Taunt swap the Remnant on each Soul Reaper casts and use a large defensive cooldown for the hit.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid dodge the March of the Damned.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid clear the Blasphemy debuff quickly.
- Use Skull Bash and Incapacitating Roar to interrupt Psychic Terror as often as possible.
- Saving cooldowns for the intermission is a good idea as the tank damage can be very high there.
- This can be a deceptively good catweaving boss as it is mostly full of high-priority, single-target mobs.
- Using Frenzied Regeneration in the Befouled Barrier can help your group clear it faster due to the extra healing you take.
For more information, please refer to our Anduin Wrynn guide.
Lords of Dread
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Lords of Dread.
- Leeching Claws and Anguishing Strike are frontal cleave mechanics; aim the bosses away from both your other tank and the raid while keeping the bosses stacked the entire time.
- Taunt swap on each cast of Leeching Claws but be mindful to wait until the next Anguishing Strike to be safe.
- Hold your Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc for the Swarm of Decay phase as it makes the bosses both take 100% increased damage.
- As a tank you cannot see demons in the Infiltration of Dread phase, but you can cast Stampeding Roar right before the cast to assist your raid in spreading out quickly to find the imposter.
- Keep an eye out from slow moving green puddles that come from the centre of the room as they will give you a debuff circle that does ramping damage which you will need to pass off to someone else.
- Slowly rotate the bosses around the room each time a Slumber Cloud is dropped.
For more information, please refer to our Lords of Dread guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Rygelon.
- If you are the designated tank to soak the Gravitational Collapse then you will want to save your Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc on the pull and stack up as many Ironfurs as you can before the explosion, as it is a very high Physical damage hit.
- Taunt swap on each cast of Corrupted Strikes. As a note, if you fully absorb this hit, you will not receive a debuff.
- Typhoon and Ursol's Vortex work on the Collapsing Quasar adds; you can utilize these to help keep them out of melee and away from the boss.
For more information, please refer to our Rygelon guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Jailer.
- Taunt swap after each Martyrdom combination.
- Utilize Stampeding Roar for the Oppression and Relentless Domination mechanics.
- When Shattering Blast is cast on you, run to one of the tall pylons to destroy them. Taunt swap each time this is cast.
- In P3, taunt swap on each cast of Chains of Anguish.
- Keep the boss away from the Defile mechanic.
For more information, please refer to our The Jailer guide.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1