Guardian Druid Tank Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.1.7
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Guardian Druid for each boss of the following raid: Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.7.
Below, you can find class and spec-specific advice for every fight in Aberrus. If you are looking for a general overview of the Raid that is not spec-specific, check out our dedicated Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible guides.
On this page, you will find Guardian Druid specific information to deal with each boss in the Aberrus raid. These are not complete encounter guides but specific tips for doing the bosses as a Guardian Druid.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Guardian Druid and how you can deal with each fight as best as possible.
The build above is your generic single target high-damage talent tree. Each boss below will note if it uses this build or if you should adjust anything. Running the same talent build for every single boss will not be optimal.
Kazzara, the Hellforged
For Kazzara, you can use the default talent build at the top of the page.
- Taunt swap each time your Terror Claws debuff expires.
- Utilize your Stampeding Roar to help your raid quickly move with the Dread Rifts debuffs.
- At 80%, 60%, and 40% boss HP, the boss will spawn multiple circles on the ground that you must dodge.
The Amalgamation Chamber
The default build at the top of this page for this boss works great.
- In phase 1, the bosses must be tanked at least 25 yards apart for Elemental Instability. So make sure you coordinate with your other tank who will start on which boss. Guardian is slightly better at tanking the Fire Elemental, as you can use After the Wildfire right after the group stacks in for Fiery Meteor which can really help healers or even save lives.
- Utilize Stampeding Roar to help your group run away from Coalescing Void.
- The taunt swap on this fight begins in Phase 2, and it is a combo attack of Withering Vulnerability and Shadowflame Burst. Guardian will generally want to take the initial hit of Withering Vulnerability as it is primarily physical damage. Avoid taking both hits back to back, or you will most likely perish.
The Forgotten Experiments
The default build works fantastically on this boss.
- The taunt swap on this boss is Infused Strikes. This is a permanent DoT that can only be cleared by both tanks colliding whilst both having the debuff. When you collide with your other tank, you will deal raid-wide damage and leave a 20-second DoT on the raid. For this reason, you should aim to clear no more often than every 20 seconds.
- Utilize Stampeding Roar to help your group dodge the dangerous Deep Breath.
- Help your raid knock back the yellow balls ( Temporal Anomaly) so they don't hit the boss.
Assault of the Zaqali
On this boss, you can run the default single target build or the AoE build below to assist your raid on add damage.
Both tanks will be relegated to 2 different areas where the boss will spawn adds and bounce between. Make sure you taunt the boss when he lands in your designated area.
- Stampeding Roar can be useful for picking up adds quickly or to run back to the middle section when the boss transitions to phase 2.
- The taunt swap on this encounter is Heavy Cudgel which is a massive frontal cone, so avoid aiming the boss at any raid members.
- Attempt to maintain Moonfire on all adds on your side. If they run away from your side and get to the door in the middle of the room it will result in a wipe.
Rashok, the Elder
For this boss, it is suggested you play the default build.
- The tank swap on this encounter is a random combo attack made up of Flaming Slash and Earthen Crush. The goal is to never take the same hit back-to-back , so make sure you taunt quickly if he casts 2 of the same in a row.
- Make sure to drag the boss to the center of the room just before he hits full energy, or it will likely be a wipe.
- When the boss moves to the middle of the room, he will begin to spawn Shadowflame Fissures. Stampeding Roar here can be really helpful to dodge them.
- The boss will cast Charged Smash on the current tank, so try to be positioned closer to the middle of the room to make it easier for your raid to move in and soak.
For more information, please refer to our Rashok, the Elder guide.
The Vigilant Steward, Zskarn
You can opt for the default single target build for this encounter, or if you are doing the majority of Shrapnel Bomb soaks, you can use the very defensive build below.
- Taunt when your Searing Claws debuff expires.
- While you are not actively tanking the boss, you can be looking to soak as as many Shrapnel Bombs around the room as possible.
- Utilize Stampeding Roar to help your group run away from Tactical Destruction.
- Ursol's Vortex is great at keeping the golems controlled temporarily.
You can opt for the default single target build for this encounter, as tank damage is rather low.
This boss needs to never touch any of the lava pools on the ground, so quick thinking when it comes to positioning can save your raid many wipes.
- Taunt swap when your Incinerating Maws debuff expires.
- You can use Wild Charge to charge back to the boss when the big knockback from Overpowering Stomp happens.
- Utilize Stampeding Roar to help your group run out with Molten Spittle and to soak puddles faster.
For more information, please refer to our Magmorax guide.
Echo of Neltharion
For this boss, the default build works great.
- The tank swap mechanic is Calamitous Strike; this hit causes you to be knocked back quite far and will break any walls you hit during the knock. Breaking walls is generally a good thing in most phases as it gives your raid more room to move. This also greatly increases your physical damage taken, so the adds in phase 3 will start to hit very hard.
- You can use Wild Charge and Skull Bash to charge back from the knockbacks.
- The boss will often cast Echoing Fissure on the current tank , which creates a massive circle on the ground everybody must move out of. This is a fantastic place for Stampeding Roar.
- In phase 2, the tank mechanic changes to Sunder Shadow, which sunders a shadow from your body and allows you to move through walls. When the boss follows up with Shadow Strike, you will break any walls between your body and your shadow.
The default build works great on this boss, or you can use the slightly more defensive build below with Ursoc's Fury, which absorbs a lot of the damage from the tank busters on this fight that explode on the raid for the amount of damage you take.
- The main tank swap mechanic on this fight is Burning Claws/ Void Claws/ Void Slash. These all explode on the raid for the damage you take from the DoT they leave; this means mitigating or absorbing as much damage as possible is vital to your raid's survival. Ursoc's Fury is great for absorbing damage while you spam Maul. This primarily matters in Phase 1 as in Phase 2 and 3, you are able to either run away from your raid or enter the downstairs realm to not blow up on the raid.
- Taunt swap on each cast of Burning Claws/ Void Claws/ Void Slash.
- Utilize Ursol's Vortex and Incapacitating Roar to try to help your raid control the adds.
- In Phase 3, you should try to go down into the shadow realm by standing in 1 or 2 Motes of Oblivion before your Void Claws debuff expires ; otherwise, you will explode on the raid for a lot of damage.
For more information, please refer to our Scalecommander Sarkareth guide.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated Talent builds for 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated builds for Patch 10.1.5.
- 18 May 2023: Updated tips and added Sarkareth notes.
- 09 May 2023: Page added.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players