Guardian Druid Tank Sanctum of Domination Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Guardian Druid for each boss of the following raid: Sanctum of Domination. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
On this page, you will find Guardian Druid specific information to deal with each boss in the Sanctum of Domination raid.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Guardian Druid and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.
The following Legendary Power recommendations are going to suggest using either The Natural Order's Will or Ursoc's Fury Remembered as defensive options and Legacy of the Sleeper for an offensive choice.
As a note, all information provided was given before the release of Dragonflight and therefore will not reflect any changes made after the release of the Dragonflight Pre-patch.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
The following talent builds works well for every single boss encounter.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Tarragrue.
- The boss will periodically enrage with Fury of the Ages. This enrage can be dispelled by us with Soothe.
- Taunt swap on each cast of Overpower and use a personal like Barkskin before this, as it is a stun and can be dangerous.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid get to the safe spots in the room when the boss casts Hungering Mist.
- At 10% health, the last phase will begin where the boss will be empowered and remove all anima powers. He will hit extremely hard and, while it is possible to tank the enrage for a short period of time stacking many cooldowns, a more common strategy is to taunt him back and forth between the 2 tanks.
For more information, please refer to our The Tarragrue guide.
The Eye of the Jailer
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Eye of the Jailer.
- You can use Stampeding Roar to quickly run to one of the sides of the room when Annihilating Glare is cast. The boss will do a full 360 degree spin with this beam, but you can jump over the gap behind the boss with the chain to avoid being hit.
- Get as many stacks of Ironfur and rotate Barkskin and Survival Instincts to reduce the damage the raid will take from Deathlink. This is also the taunt swap.
- During the intermission (66%/33%), you will be assigned one Deathseeker Eye to tank. Keep it away from the other Eye as, if they are close to each other, they will deal massive raid wiping damage to the raid.
- The puddles spawned from Spreading Misery can be stacked on each other to conserve space in the intermission. Also be mindful that Spreading Misery puddles do not disappear, so ensure you place these in good spots.
- In the final 33% HP of the boss, Immediate Extermination is triggered, which reduces your healing taken by 10% per stack. This is a hard burn phase and it is a good idea to try to have defensive cooldowns available for this phase.
- Mythic: During the intermission, players will be debuffed with Scorn and Ire, one debuff associated with each Eye. If players with opposite debuffs collide, they will both die. Be mindful of other players during intermissions.
For more information, please refer to our The Eye of the Jailer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Nine.
- In all phases, swap at 3 stacks of the relevant debuff of the phase. These will be Unending Strike in Phase 1, and Pierce Soul in Phase 2.
- During Phase 1, each 100-energy ability will try to either pull you in or push you away. You want to do the opposite of the path it is moving you. If it is pulling you in, run out of the circle and if it is pushing you out, run into the circle. Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid with this mechanic.
- Interrupt Song of Dissolution with Skull Bash as fast as possible.
- Interrupt and bring Formless Mass adds to the bosses for cleave DPS.
- When Annhylde's Bright Aegis appears, move the boss out of it.
For more information, please refer to our The Nine guide.
Remnant of Ner'zhul
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Remnant of Ner'zhul.
- There will be Orbs spawning during the fight, which will have Eternal Torment shields on them. In order to remove these shields, you need to hit them with Suffering, which is a beam cast from the boss through you.
- Position yourself so that you are between the boss and an orb, if possible, line it up so you can hit 2 orbs.
- Taunt swap after each cast of Suffering.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid run to the edge of the room when Malevolence is out.
- Wild Charge and Skull Bash can be used to charge back after the knockback from Malevolence.
- Mythic: At 80, 60, and 30% HP, the armor that shatters off will also cast Suffering, therefore you need to be mindful of the locations of the boss, the Orb, and the shattered armor.
For more information, please refer to our Remnant of Ner'zhul guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Soulrender Dormazain.
- Taunt swap after each cast of Ruinblade.
- Group together Marsworn Agonizers and ensure they do not reach Garrosh. You can use Typhoon to help position the adds.
- Mawsworn Agonizers will cast Agonizing Nova, dealing very large amount of damage to the raid. This can be interrupted with Skull Bash and Incapacitating Roar.
- Use Stampeding Roar to speed up your raid during the dance phase Tormented Eruptions.
For more information, please refer to our Soulrender Dormazain guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Painsmith Raznal.
- When you are targeted by Cruciform Axe (P1), Reverberating Hammer (P2), or Dualblade Scythe (P3), run to a corner of the room. A common strategy is for there to be 2 designated tank corners, but this may depend on your raid.
- Taunt swap after each weapon throw, as it will apply Blackened Armor. Be careful after taunting back as this debuff tends to linger a few seconds too long, leading to potentially dangerous melee swings.
- If you need to get past the wall of iron stars or iron spikes, you can utilise Soulshape or Door of Shadows.
- There is a lot of downtime for tanks in this fight where you are out of melee range, so it is a fantastic fight for Balance Affinity to get some extra DPS.
For more information, please refer to our Painsmith Raznal guide.
Guardian of the First Ones
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Guardian of the First Ones.
- The tank swap on this fight is a tank combo. The active tank will be hit with Sunder and then move onto the group, which will be hit with Obliterate, the other tank should then taunt and hit the other group with Obliterate and then move back to the front of the boss quickly and be hit with another Sunder. A common strategy is 2 groups, one of the left foot and one on the right foot, where the first Obliterate goes on left foot, second one on right foot.
- Be mindful of the energy of the boss, as when it reaches 0, they will start to cast Purging Protocol repeatedly. Each cast will increase in power and in order to stop these casts, you need to recharge the bosses energy by dragging it into an Energy Core.
- You will want at least one Purging Protocol cast to happen as this destroys any Sentry Orbs that are active.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid run away from the Meltdown.
For more information, please refer to our Guardian of the First Ones guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Fatescribe Roh-Kalo.
- Run away when you are affected by Invoke Destiny. When it explodes, a Shade of Destiny add will spawn. Do not let this add reach you, if it hits you it will trigger Overwhelming Burden, which will deal a large amount of raid damage.
- Help interrupt Anomalous Blast from the Fatespawn Anomaly adds in the intermissions with Incapacitating Roar and Skull Bash.
- Use Stampeding Roar to help your raid dodge the big beams from Fated Conjunction.
For more information, please refer to our Fatescribe Roh-Kalo guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Kel'Thuzad.
- Taunt swap as soon as Soul Fracture is cast, as the current tank will take a large amount of extra damage if they are hit and the subsequent melee swing will be deadly.
- Soul Fracture will spawn multiple adds that need to be killed as a priority and interrupted. Once they are killed, a Soul Fragment will be available for the tank to collect. Each Fragment collected reduces the debuff stack by 1. You can use Dash and Stampeding Roar to collect your souls quickly.
- It should be noted that, while you are affected by Soul Fracture, the Frostbound Devoted adds that fixate will also deal huge damage to you if they are fixated on you and reach you. You can use Incapacitating Roar to disorient these adds which will cause them to cast their fixate spell again.
- During intermissions, adds will spawn. You will need to tank the Abominations and they will cast Demolish, which can be side stepped to avoid damage.
- This is a great fight for Balance Affinity, as you are often running around collecting your souls and there is a lot of AoE and spread cleave.
For more information, please refer to our Kel'Thuzad guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Earthwarden does not work on this fight, as the boss shoots arrows/ ranged attacks which do not consume stacks, so it is better to use Survival of the Fittest.
- Phase 1: The main damage intake for a tank is when she casts Ranger's Heartseeker. Every 7 seconds she will gain a stack and at 3 stacks she will fire them all at the tank.
- When she casts Windrunner she is not moving around the room; her hitbox is stationary so you do not need to chase after her.
- When Veil of Darkness is being cast run out of it.
- If you are targeted with Wailing Arrow run to the side of the room and use Barkskin. This is also the taunt swap for tanks.
- You can use Stampeding Roar to help negate the pull from the chain.
- Phase 2: Avoid falling off from the Haunting Wave.
- Toward the end there will be many adds that require tanking, taunt swap based on your stacks of Lashing Wound.
- When Raze is being cast jump to another platform. If you remain on the platform after this cast has finished, you will be unable to jump to another platform and die.
For more information, please refer to our Sylvanas Windrunner guide.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd