Vengeance Demon Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Vengeance Demon Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Legendaries
Legendaries are special equipment that has been empowered by the Runecarver inside of Torghast. Legendaries are broken down into spec-specific Legendaries that only affect Vengeance, and class-specific ones that affect generic Demon Hunter abilities.
Starting in Dragonflight Legendary Powers are only going to be active in Shadowlands content. Further should a Legendary Power be part of the new Talent Trees the Talent version will overwrite the Legendary Power, making the effect of the Legendary deactivate.
Best Overall Legendary for Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Fiery Soul is a strong, consistent defensive and offensive option. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. With the addition of the talent Fiery Demise this Legendary adds noticeable damage, so it will be your strongest offensive and defensive option. Since the cooldown reduction doesn't work with Soul Fragments consumed by Spirit Bomb it is not advised to talent into it unless the encounter consists of many groups of more than 5 enemies.
- Razelikh's Defilement is the standard Legendary Power for anyone running Kyrian Covenant in raid for the cooldown reduction for Elysian Decree. Due to a bug the effect of Razelikh's Defilement does not work if you are talented into Precise Sigils.
Unity was added in Patch 9.2 and it provides you with your current Covenant's Legendary power. The power will automatically swap when your Covenant is swapped. This can be equipped at the same time as any other Legendary. You can get Cinch of Unity from finishing the Zereth Mortis Campaign. The power ( Memory of Unity) itself can be purchased from The Enlightened vendor at Revered which allows you to put the power on any equipment slot if you do not want it on the belt. This is a free Legendary power that should be used at all times once unlocked.
The powers provided by Unity are:
- Blind Faith: Kyrian power that spawns 2 extra Lesser Soul Fragments when Elysian Decree hits a target and provides the buff Blind Faith for 20 seconds. For each Lesser Soul Fragment consumed, you gain 10 Fury and 1% versatility, up to 20%.
- Agony Gaze: Venthyr power that does 10% increased Sinful Brand damage and increases the duration of Sinful Brand by 0.75 seconds when Fel Devastation deals damage.
- Blazing Slaughter: Night Fae power that causes you to be engulfed in Immolation Aura and gain 4% Agility for 12 seconds for each enemy hit by The Hunt
- Demonic Oath: Necrolord power that applies Fiery Brand on 5 nearby enemies for 5 seconds when the Fodder to the Flame's demon explodes. Additionally, Shattered Soul's duration is increased by 8 seconds.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
These are the recommended Legendaries for Raiding. Survivability and damage are considered.
- Fiery Soul is a good, consistent offensive and defensive option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. This Legendary adds noticeable damage, so it will be your strongest offensive and defensive option. This should be worn on the Wrist or Hand slot.
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave, if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single-target and AoE damage slightly. This should be worn on the Wrist slot.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
These are the recommended Legendaries for Mythic+ and Torghast. Survivability, damage, and utility are considered.
- Fiery Soul is a strong, consistent defensive and offensive option. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. With the addition of the talent Fiery Demise this Legendary adds noticeable damage, so it will be your strongest offensive and defensive option. Since the cooldown reduction doesn't work with Soul Fragments consumed by Spirit Bomb it is not advised to talent into it unless the dungeon has groups of far more than 5 enemies.
- Darkglare Boon is a strong Legendary Power for a defensive build in Mythic+; it provides a chance for Fel Devastation to not trigger its cooldown and refund the Fury cost. This power will give a significant increase in uptime of Metamorphosis thanks to the talent Demonic. Due to the deactivation of Vengeance DH 4-Piece and the addition of a talent with similar effects overwriting the legendary it is no longer the best legendary power available.
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single target and AoE damage marginally. This will also decrease the cooldown of a Sigil selected at random by 8 seconds. This increases overall utility.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 10 Nov. 2022: Minor updates to Legendary powers.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
More Demon Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1