Vengeance Demon Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Vengeance Demon Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Legendaries
Legendaries are special equipment that has been empowered by the Runecarver inside of Torghast. Legendaries are broken down into spec-specific Legendaries that only affect Vengeance, and class-specific ones that affect generic Demon Hunter abilities. Unfortunately, Vengeance Demon Hunter has the worst Legendaries in the game.
Best Overall Legendary for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Collective Anguish provides an overall damage increase in all content but it does not provide any defensive perks.
Unity was added in Patch 9.2 and it provides you with your current Covenant's Legendary power. The power will automatically swap when your Covenant is swapped. This can be equipped at the same time as any other Legendary. You can buy Cinch of Unity from The Enlightened faction vendor and it provides the Unity power on the belt slot. The power ( Memory of Unity) itself can be purchased from the same vendor at Revered and that allows you to put the power on any equipment slot if you do not want it on the belt. This is a free Legendary power that should be used at all times once unlocked.
The powers provided by Unity are:
- Blind Faith: Kyrian power that spawns Lesser Soul Fragments when Elysian Decree hits a target and provides the buff Blind Faith for 20 seconds. For each Lesser Soul Fragment consumed, you gain 10 Fury and 1% versatility, up to 20%.
- Agony Gaze: Venthyr power that does 10% increased Sinful Brand damage and increases the duration of Sinful Brand by 0.75 seconds when Fel Devastation deals damage.
- Blazing Slaughter: Night Fae power that causes you to be engulfed in Immolation Aura and gain 4% Agility for 12 seconds for each enemy hit by The Hunt
- Demonic Oath: Necrolord power that applies Fiery Brand on 5 nearby enemies for 5 seconds when the Fodder to the Flame's demon explodes. Additionally, Shattered Soul's duration is increased by 8 seconds.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
These are the recommended Legendaries for Raiding. Survivability and damage are considered.
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave, if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single-target and AoE damage slightly. This should be worn on the Wrist slot.
- Fiery Soul is the best defensive option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. If combined with the Fel Defender conduit, the cooldown of Fiery Brand will be drastically reduced. This Legendary will hurt both single target and AoE damage because Spirit Bomb is useless when all of the Souls are being consumed by Soul Cleave. This should be worn on the Glove slot.
- Collective Anguish is an overall decent Legendary for increased damage in all situations, but does not provide any defensive benefit. The summoned Demon Hunter is stationary and can miss, so positioning is important when casting Fel Devastation. This can be worn on either the Wrist or Back.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single target and AoE damage. This will also decrease the cooldown of a Sigil selected at random by 8 seconds. This increases overall utility.
- Fiery Soul is the best defensive option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. If combined with the Fel Defender conduit, the cooldown of Fiery Brand will be drastically reduced. This Legendary will hurt both single target and AoE damage because Spirit Bomb is useless when all of the souls are being consumed by Soul Cleave.
- Collective Anguish is an overall decent Legendary for increased damage in all situations but does not provide any defensive benefit. The summoned Demon Hunter is stationary and can miss so positioning is important when casting Fel Devastation.
- Sephuz's Proclamation provides a good stat increase on a consistent basis as long the enemies are able to be crowd controlled, interrupted, or dispelled.
- Darkglare Boon provides a 40% chance for Fel Devastation to not trigger its cooldown and refund the Fury cost. When this power triggers, it can be very effective at staying alive but it is not consistent. With some luck, this Legendary Power provides a decent survival gain.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for 9.2. Added Unity power, descriptions of all covenant powers, and which slot the power should be crafted on.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for 9.1.5. Changed Blind Faith legendary to reflect Mastery buff changing to Versatility.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Added the 9.1 Covenant-specific Legendaries to the list.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added Darkglare Boon Legendary Power as an option for M+ survival.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11