Vengeance Demon Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Vengeance Demon Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Legendaries
Legendaries are special equipment that has been empowered by the Runecarver inside of Torghast. Legendaries are broken down into spec-specific Legendaries that only affect Vengeance, and class-specific ones that affect generic Demon Hunter abilities. Unfortunately, Vengeance Demon Hunter has the worst Legendaries in the game.
Best Overall Legendary for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Collective Anguish provides an overall damage increase in all content but it does not provide any defensive perks.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
These are the recommended Legendaries for Raiding. Survivability and damage are considered.
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave, if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single-target and AoE damage slightly.
- Fiery Soul is the best defensive option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. If combined with the Fel Defender conduit, the cooldown of Fiery Brand will be drastically reduced. This Legendary will hurt both single target and AoE damage because Spirit Bomb is useless when all of the Souls are being consumed by Soul Cleave.
- Collective Anguish is an overall decent Legendary for increased damage in all situations, but does not provide any defensive benefit. The summoned Demon Hunter is stationary and can miss, so positioning is important when casting Fel Devastation.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Vengeance Demon Hunter
New legendaries were introduced in 9.1 that are Covenant-specific. Each legendary empowers the Covenant ability. The new legendary powers are:
- Blind Faith is the Kyrian Legendary that will spawn 2 additional Soul Fragments from Elysian Decree and gives a Blind Faith buff for 20 seconds that increases Mastery by 1% and generates 10 Fury per Soul Fragment consumed.
- Blazing Slaughter is the Night Fae Legendary that triggers Immolation Aura when hitting your target with The Hunt and increasing Agility by 3% per target hit for 12 seconds.
- Agony Gaze increases the damage of Sinful Brand by 10% and increases the duration of Sinful Brand by 0.5 seconds with each hit of Fel Devastation.
- Demonic Oath will cause Fiery Brand to apply to up to 5 enemies hit by the explosion of the demon from Fodder to the Flame and extends the buff granted from its Soul Fragment by 8 seconds.
The Kyrian Legendary seems to have been designed for Havoc without considering how useful the Legendary would be for Vengeance. Mastery is the worst stat and having additional Fury is good, but without additional soul generation, it will only be fed into further casts of Soul Cleave for additional damage. The current options are better than this Legendary.
The Night Fae Legendary provides a minimal damage increase due to the ticking damage of Immolation Aura and the Agility boost. The issue of having to hit multiple targets reliably to increase the Agility bonus is also a problem. With only a minimal DPS increase, our current options are better to use.
Venthyr provides a decent damage boost overall. The issue with this Legendary is that maximizing the damage of Sinful Brand is counter-intuitive to the Legendary. Metamorphosis has to be used to apply Sinful Brand to all targets which provides a large survival boost. Fel Devastation will then extend the debuff, but it hurts overall survivability because both Metamorphosis and Fel Devastation will be on cooldown.
The Necrolord option is a decent Legendary and may be a good choice if Necrolord is the Covenant of choice. The issue is that Necrolord is one of the worst Covenants for Vengeance and this Legendary does not close the gap.
Overall, the current Legendaries are a better option and should be used over these new Covenant Legendaries.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Razelikh's Defilement will lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree by 2 seconds when casting Soul Cleave if Kyrian is the selected Covenant. This will increase both single target and AoE damage. This will also decrease the cooldown of a Sigil selected at random by 8 seconds. This increases overall utility.
- Fiery Soul is the best defensive option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand cooldown is lowered by 2 seconds for each Soul consumed by Soul Cleave. If combined with the Fel Defender conduit, the cooldown of Fiery Brand will be drastically reduced. This Legendary will hurt both single target and AoE damage because Spirit Bomb is useless when all of the souls are being consumed by Soul Cleave.
- Collective Anguish is an overall decent Legendary for increased damage in all situations but does not provide any defensive benefit. The summoned Demon Hunter is stationary and can miss so positioning is important when casting Fel Devastation.
- Sephuz's Proclamation provides a good stat increase on a consistent basis as long the enemies are able to be crowd controlled, interrupted, or dispelled.
- Darkglare Boon provides a 40% chance for Fel Devastation to not trigger its cooldown and refund the Fury cost. When this power triggers, it can be very effective at staying alive but it is not consistent. With some luck, this Legendary Power provides a decent survival gain.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Added the 9.1 Covenant-specific Legendaries to the list.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added Darkglare Boon Legendary Power as an option for M+ survival.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Race to World First Guild Finances and Stream Viewership Numbers
- Patch 9.1 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: July 26th
- Critical Open Letter Signed by over 1000 Current and Former Activision Blizzard Employees
- Lawyer Reviews of the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit (Videos)
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Overlords of Outland (Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2) Hitting PTR Soon
- Echo Co-CEO and Complexity-Limit GM Talk About the Sanctum of Domination Race
- Ben Brode Talks About a Harrasment Situation, Reports and Firings and More