Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Sanctum of Domination Raid Guide — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Vengeance Demon Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Sanctum of Domination. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.5.
There are two builds for Vengeance depending on the difficulty of the content and the player. There is the Spirit Bomb build and the Fiery Brand build which supports the pure defensive playstyle. The Spirit Bomb build will use Razelikh's Defilement as the Legendary choice. The Fiery Brand build will use Fiery Soul Legendary power. New players starting out as Vengeance should run as the Fiery Brand build. The raid bosses hit quite hard and this build will help with survival.
- Spirit Bomb Build
- Fiery Brand Build
For more information on the talent builds, please follow the link below:
- Tank Swap: Overpower slams the tank for a large amount of Physical damage and applies a stacking debuff for 20 seconds that increases incoming Physical damage by 200%.
- Predator's Howl causes players to run in fear for 8 seconds if they are within 5 yards of another player. Do not stack on your co-tank.
- The Jailer's Gaze triggers at 10%, causing all players to lose their Anima Powers and the boss to deal 500% more damage. This is a burn phase before everyone dies. This is also a kite phase. Use Infernal Strike, warlock gateways, taunt rotations, and speed buffs to live as long as possible.
The Eye of the Jailer
- Tank Swap: Deathlink does a large amount of Physical damage to the tank and a portion of the damage hits the entire raid for Shadow damage. Stack cooldowns if you are the tank absorbing Deathlink to mitigate as much raid damage as possible. Switch on 2 stacks of the debuff.
- In Phase 2, two Deathseeker Eyes will spawn. Tank these adds at least 30 yards apart from each other to prevent Shared Suffering from hitting the entire raid with massive Shadow damage that stacks for 1 minute.
- When inflicted with Spreading Misery, jump away from players to drop the puddle in a good location.
For more information, please refer to our The Eye of the Jailer guide.
- Tank Swap: Kyra will cast Unending Strike that will do Physical damage that stacks and hits the raid for each stack on the tank. Swap at 4 stacks.
- Tank the formless add and interrupt the Siphon Vitality ability.
- Kyra and Signe have separate health pools and Phase 2 begins once one of them hits 15% hp. The goal is to have them both hit 15% at the same time. Skyja will spawn at Phase 2 and must be tanked.
- Phase 2 Tank Swap: Pierce Soul is a large Physical hit that will lower your movement speed and healing by 10% per stack for 30 seconds. Swap at 3 stacks.
For more information, please refer to our The Nine guide.
Remnant of Ner'zhul
- Tank Swap: Suffering targets the tank and inflicts Shadow damage in a straight line, leaving a dot for 6 seconds and a debuff for 30 seconds that increases the damage taken from Suffering by 500%. Swap after each cast.
- Tank Mechanic: Suffering must hit at least 1 Orb of Torment to make them take 300% more damage and allow the raid to kill them.
- Ner'zhul will knockback all players so keep the boss positioned in the middle of the room when possible and move toward each player before they are dispelled to prevent being knocked off the platform. Use Glide to counter the knockback.
For more information, please refer to our Remnant of Nerzhul guide.
- Tank Swap: Ruinblade inflicts a large amount of Physical damage and leaves a debuff that increases all Physical damage tken by 100% for 40 seconds.
- Warmonger Shackles can be picked up and broken after jumping 40 yards away from Garrosh. This can only be done once per fight due to the Soul Manacles debuff after breaking the first Shackle.
- Sigil of Chains can be used to group up Mawsworn Agonizers.
For more information, please refer to our Soulrender Dormazain guide.
- Tank Swap: Painsmith will throw his axe, hammer, or scythe at the maink tank that will cause massive raid damage based on their distance from the landing zone. Jump to a corner of the room and mitigate as much raid damage as possible. Blackened Armor is a stacking debuff caused from all three weapons that will cause Fire damage over time and increase Physical damage taken by 200%.
- Dodge the traps, spikes, and rolling balls.
For more information, please refer to our Painsmith Raznal guide.
Guardian of the First Ones
- Tank Swap: The guardian will do a two hit combo casting Sunder followed by Obliterate. Sunder needs to be tanked away from the co-tank and other players due to a 6 yard splash that does massive Physical damage and increases all Physical damage taken by 300% for 20 seconds. Right after Sunder, run on top of a set soak group for Obliterate. The off-tank should taunt after Obliterate and soak the Sunder away from the group and then stack on a second soak group for the second Obliterate.
- Position the boss between all three Energy Cores while the boss has Energy. Once the boss runs out of Energy, it will cast Purging Protocol repeatedly until they are brought to one of the Cores to recharge. Allow one Purging Protocol hit to go off to destroy the Form Sentry and then move the boss to a Core.
- While chargeing the boss, the Core creates a safe zone for everyone to stand in to offset ticking Arcane damage.
- Once a core is depleted, Meltdown is triggered, doing massive Arcane damage in a 15-yard radius. Jump out of the Meltdown, bring the boss near another Core, and repeat the Sunder phase.
For more information, please refer to our Guardian of the First Ones guide.
- Tank Swap: Invoke Destiny is placed on the current tank that explodes for Shadow damage after 8 seconds, dealing less raid damage the further away the tank is from the raid.
- Invoke Destiny spawns a Shade of Destiny add that will fixate on the tank that had the debuff and try to chase them down. The add must be killed before reaching the tank or there will be a large amount of AoE raid Shadow damage. Infernal Strike is key for kiting the add if needed.
- Once the add from Invoke dies, it will spawn a number of smaller adds that will chain-cast Anomalous Blast. Sigil of Silence will help move the adds on top of the boss for AoE.
- The boss will gain stacks of Diviner's Probe on a tank swap that will inflict a large amount of Shadow damage to the new tank. Fiery Brand should be used for a tank swap.
- Pick up Fatespawn Monstrosities in Phase 2 and attempt to keep them interrupted.
- Tank Swap: Soul Fracture will knockback the player and spawn three Soul Fragments. The Fragments must be killed and then collected by the tank. All souls must be retrieved in one minute or the tank dies. The tank will take a large amount of damage while fractured and cannot pick up any other adds to off-tank during this time. It is important that the Souls are absorbed prior to the Abominations spawning.
- Soak Frost Blast to mitigate the raid damage. This will root the player and does Frost damage to all rooted players.
- Pick up Unstoppable Abominations in Phase 2 and Phase 3. The add casts Demolish at a random player that must be dodged.
For more information, please refer to our Kel'Thuzad guide.
- Tank Swap Phase 1: Swap on every cast of Ranger's Heartseeker and Wailing Arrow. Use mitigation for every cast of Heartseeker.
- Domination Chains will root the closest person to an arrow that will pull the target toward the arrow. When chained, run away from the arrow.
- Phase 2 intermission requires running across several platforms and picking up adds. Dodge the abilities from Sylvanas and pick up all of the adds that continuously spawn. Once the named adds die, the adds stop spawning and the next part of Phase 2 continues. Use Infernal Strike to get in range of Sylvanas to interrupt Ruin.
- Tank Swap Phase 2: Taunt off Mawforged Goliath as often as possible to drop his stacks.
- Tank Swap Phase 3: Swap on every cast of Banshee's Heartseeker. This will apply a debuff Banshee's Bane that will cause damage over time and drop a pool on the ground when dispelled. Move to the corner of a platform and drop the pool.
- The off-tank should run around the platform picking up all the pools that are out of place and call for a dispel in a corner of the platform to clear up the floor. Ideally, it is important to move all puddles to the platform that is being destroyed to keep all new platforms clear.
For more information, please refer to our Sylvanas Windrunner guide.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 11 Jul. 2021: Page added.
- Lead Cinematic Designer Revisits the Original Black Temple Trailer
- World of Warcraft on Game Pass: How Would It Work?
- Potential Impact of the Microsoft Acquisition on the Future of WoW
- Blizzard on Tier Set Design in Patch 9.2
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Reportedly Leaving the Company After Microsoft Acquisition is Complete
- Microsoft + Activision Blizzard Acquistion Memes and Funny Images
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff