Protection Warrior Tank Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Battle of Dazar'alor Boss Tips for Protection Warriors
On this page you will find Protection Warrior specific information pertaining to each boss in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid.
Additionally, this page assumes you are familiar with the mechanics on each fight. The basics of the tank mechanics are not explained, but rather advice is given on how Protection Warriors can best deal with those mechanics.
The following talent build is used on every boss.
- Level 15: Into the Fray
- Level 30: Bounding Stride
- Level 45: Unstoppable Force
- Level 60: Bolster
- Level 75: Rumbling Earth
- Level 90: Booming Voice
- Level 100: Anger Management
Champion of the Light
If you are tanking the boss and need to reset your Sacred Blade stacks, wait for a Wave of Light cast, Heroic Leap out, and then cast Spell Reflection while kiting before the boss reaches you. Sacred Blade is reflectable, so using Spell Reflection will give you a little more time to drop your stacks.
Use Spell Reflection if you are going to be targeted by Bestial Throw. You will still get thrown, stunned, and take the Bestial Impact damage, but Spell Reflection prevents the damage you would take when picked up.
If you cast Intercept on your co-tank immediately after you are thrown, you will move to your co-tank instead of the player you are thrown at. Doing this does not prevent any damage on you or the Bestial Throw target. Do not do this if it lines up with Ferocious Roar, since you will not be able to prevent the targeted player from being feared.
Additionally, this is dangerous for a couple more reasons:
- Firstly, the Bestial Impact deals damage based on the position of the thrown tank. As such, doing this will cause the melee/raid to take extra damage.
- Secondly, and most importantly, when you Intercept back to your co-tank, you are going to absorb the next melee hit. This melee damage, combined with the Throw/Impact damage, can quite easily kill you, so only do this if you and your raid can safely survive the extra damage.
Fireball is reflectable with Spell Reflection and will cause the boss to gain the debuff, dealing a little extra damage to the boss. However, the raid will still take damage when the debuff falls off the boss, so it is not recommended you do this unless your healers are comfortable healing the extra damage.
Coin Sweep is blockable. As such, make sure to keep Shield Block up for it and you will take much less damage compared to other tanks. You should try to tank the boss as much as possible since your Diamond of the Unshakeable Protector buff will last quite a while.
Conclave of the Chosen
High Tinker Mekkatorque
Spell Reflection will prevent you from being debuffed by Buster Cannon. Reflecting Buster Cannon does not deal damage to the boss or stop the projectle, but it will prevent you from recieving the hard-hitting DoT.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Mar. 2019: Added additional information for Grong.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Added tips for each boss.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Page added.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled