Protection Warrior Tank Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Battle of Dazar'alor Boss Tips for Protection Warriors
On this page you will find Protection Warrior specific information pertaining to each boss in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid.
Additionally, this page assumes you are familiar with the mechanics on each fight. The basics of the tank mechanics are not explained, but rather advice is given on how Protection Warriors can best deal with those mechanics.
The following talent build is used on every boss.
- Level 15: Into the Fray
- Level 25: Bounding Stride
- Level 30: Unstoppable Force
- Level 35: Bolster
- Level 40: Rumbling Earth
- Level 45: Booming Voice
- Level 50: Anger Management
Champion of the Light
If you are tanking the boss and need to reset your Sacred Blade stacks, wait for a Wave of Light cast, Heroic Leap out, and then cast Spell Reflection while kiting before the boss reaches you. Sacred Blade is reflectable, so using Spell Reflection will give you a little more time to drop your stacks.
If you are tanking the adds, you can use Spell Reflection to reflect Divine Burst.
Use Spell Reflection if you are going to be targeted by Bestial Throw. You will still get thrown, stunned, and take the Bestial Impact damage, but Spell Reflection prevents the damage you would take when picked up.
If you cast Intercept on your co-tank immediately after you are thrown, you will move to your co-tank instead of the player you are thrown at. Doing this does not prevent any damage on you or the Bestial Throw target. Do not do this if it lines up with Ferocious Roar, since you will not be able to prevent the targeted player from being feared.
Additionally, this is dangerous for a couple more reasons:
- Firstly, the Bestial Impact deals damage based on the position of the thrown tank. As such, doing this will cause the melee/raid to take extra damage.
- Secondly, and most importantly, when you Intercept back to your co-tank, you are going to absorb the next melee hit. This melee damage, combined with the Throw/Impact damage, can quite easily kill you, so only do this if you and your raid can safely survive the extra damage.
Make sure to have Shield Block up for Bestial Smash.
Fireball is reflectable with Spell Reflection and will cause the boss to gain the debuff, dealing a little extra damage to the boss. However, the raid will still take damage when the debuff falls off the boss, so it is not recommended you do this unless your healers are comfortable healing the extra damage.
Make good use of Heroic Leap and Intercept to help interrupt the Monk's Whirling Jade Storm.
In Mythic, Warriors are an excellent choice for picking up the Force Orbs as you are able to Heroic Leap over the Ring of Hostility maze.
Coin Sweep is blockable. As such, make sure to keep Shield Block up for it and you will take much less damage compared to other tanks. You should try to tank the boss as much as possible since your Diamond of the Unshakeable Protector buff will last quite a while.
Conclave of the Chosen
Use Heroic Leap to quickly position yourself for Pa'ku's Wrath.
You can talent into Storm Bolt to help with stunning the Ravenous Stalkers.
Use Heroic Leap to distance yourself from the raid when targeted by Scorching Detonation.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
Spell Reflection will prevent you from being debuffed by Buster Cannon. Reflecting Buster Cannon does not deal damage to the boss or stop the projectle, but it will prevent you from recieving the hard-hitting DoT.
Use Heroic Leap to quickly and easily drop your Kelp-Wrapped debuff on the Energized Storm adds.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
Ice Shard deals physical damage and is blockable, so you should be using Shield Block as you would on any other boss.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Mar. 2019: Added additional information for Grong.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Added tips for each boss.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Page added.
More Warrior Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1