Havoc Demon Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Havoc Demon Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects that are used to empower specific items by the Runecarver within Torghast. Each of these powers apply to certain item slots, and come with Havoc specific options, Demon Hunter options and also some powers that are available to all classes. For more detailed information regarding the Runecarving system you can check our dedicated page.
Best Overall Legendary for Havoc Demon Hunter
Here we recommend the best first legendary craft as a PvE player who is aiming to do different areas of content. This choice aims to maximize flexibility for different situations while also performing well right out of the gate, and would be your choice if you only had access to one pick.
Collective Anguish will be the most reliable increase in all situations, providing a strong single-target benefit while still being really flexible in AoE situations with some extra talent synergy if played with Cycle of Hatred.
Fel Bombardment deserves a special note here, as it has the potential to be very strong in all situations but has some serious bugs involved with the extra glaives spawned, and until they are fixed that unreliability makes it hard to recommend.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunter
These are our recommended Raiding legendary powers. Most of these selections have a leaning toward being able to perform well in single-target situations, but gain AoE without sacrificing that. Ones that excel in some situations still earn their place, though.
- Collective Anguish is slightly better in pure single-target, especially if paired with Cycle of Hatred, and is also no slouch in AoE. This is the best first pickup to be able to deal with all encounters, but is less focused than alternatives.
- Chaos Theory is really strong for builds that take First Blood in single-target, and is the ideal pick in said situations. It provides a lot less in AoE situations however, making it a specialized pick for raid bosses.
- Burning Wound has some uses and can also allow you to apply the DoT to multiple targets to ramp up your Immolation Aura damage which pairs up well with Conduits. However, it is a bit behind the alternatives so is not a priority craft.
- Fel Bombardment will slot into any encounter quite comfortably, as Immolation Aura is used on cooldown anyway, allowing Throw Glaive to slot in for both good single-target and AoE gains, when the bugs are addressed.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunter
In this section we look at legendaries worth crafting for Mythic+ and Torghast content. Both of these have a natural preference for AoE, but flexibility to still contribute to single-target is extra valuable.
- Collective Anguish works really well as a double-up to your Eye Beam casts in opening bursts, and works well on priority targets too so is a solid alternative.
- Burning Wound can be paired with conduits such as Growing Inferno and can lead to a lot of extra damage with each Immolation Aura cast, assuming you cycle the debuff. Both of the alternatives, however, are much more powerful in a burst window, so this is less desirable.
- Fel Bombardment excels even more here as the burst AoE and ability to generate enough stacks to cast two Throw Glaive per Immolation Aura is really powerful on higher target counts, when the bugs are addressed.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day