Windwalker Monk DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Windwalker Monk for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a talent cheatsheet and Windwalker Monk-specific tips page for Crucible of Storms. For an actual strategy on the encounters, you should check the raid guide.
The Restless Cabal
During Embrace of the Void, you will not be able to receive any healing. You should save Touch of Karma for it, if you can afford to.
Keep Transcendence up next to the Void Stone relic to be able to efficiently move back to it during Umbral Shell casts. This will allow you to take down the shield quickly.
Cooldown usage can be optimized with slight delays in this fight. Touch of Death does not benefit from it, however, and you should use it on cooldown. Delays are unlikely to gain anything and will potentially lose you a cast. On the other hand, wait for 45 seconds to use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger and then proceed to use it on cooldown. This should grant you maximum damage increase stacks for every cast. Use your two stacks of Storm, Earth, and Fire to line up one cast of it with each Xuen timing.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
If your strategy involves killing several waves of minions, Hit Combo can outshine Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger; however, Xuen is still the go to for boss damage.
Ring of Peace can be used to interrupt the Primordial Mindbender casts.
Keep Transcendence up near the middle of the room to be able to quickly reposition from abilities such as Piercing Gaze of N'Zoth, allowing you to dodge all of its damage.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 17 May 2019: Guide updated with further tips.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1