Arms Warrior Essences — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we go over the Essence system in Patch 8.3 of World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth, and we tell you which are the best essences to use as Arms Warrior, both for minor and major powers. Please refer to our Patch 8.3 Essence Guide for more information about the new essences introduced in Patch 8.3 and to our Essence guide for more general information about the Essence system and where Essences can be obtained from.
Azerite Essences for Arms Warriors
Introduced in Patch 8.2, Essences are unique items that drop from various forms of content. They are activated through your Heart of Azeroth, and they buff your character in various ways, depending on the Essences that are currently active.
For more information about essences, please check out the following:
- our Essence Guide, with all the essences and how to get them;
- our article on the new essences from Patch 8.3;
- our list of Patch 8.3 essence changes.
What follows on this page will relate directly to how Essences affect this spec, since generic information is beyond the scope of this guide.
Notable Essences for Arms Warriors
Memory of Lucid Dreams ( Memory of Lucid Dreams + Lucid Dreams) synergizes extremely well with the Arms spec, granting additional Rage, which directly translates into damage done. During Colossus Smash, the major power allows near unlimited use of Rage spending abilities, creating very large Test of Might buffs, particularly when using Fervor of Battle. All of the extra Rage spent also further increases the value of the already powerful talent Anger Management, allowing for very frequent Colossus Smash use. This interaction is strong against both single and multiple targets.
Essence of the Focusing Iris ( Focused Azerite Beam + Focused Energy) is the best burst AoE Essence, although it can be tricky to use. Because of the cast time and channel, it will stall your normal rotation, but used smartly before engaging a group of stacked up targets, the major power can deal an enormous amount of damage on a relatively moderate cooldown. Conversely, the minor power is single target focused, which lends this Essence to being used to burn down adds while focusing a single major target.
Condensed Life-Force ( Guardian of Azeroth + Condensed Life-Force) adds a very powerful 3-minute cooldown which lasts 30 seconds, long enough to cover the duration of Colossus Smash and Test of Might both. The summoned Guardian of Azeroth contributes a good deal of damage, typically around 5% of your total output over the course of an encounter, and also continually triggers the minor effect Azerite Spike, which increases the target's damage taken. The only thing holding the Essence back is the lack of synergy which Memory of Lucid Dreams provides.
Essences are still undergoing regular hotfix tuning, so this is only a cursory look at the relative value of each major and minor Essence power.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams's Memory of Lucid Dreams (with Fervor of Battle)
- Condensed Life-Force's Guardian of Azeroth
- Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Azerite Beam (burst AoE)
- Worldvein Resonance's Worldvein Resonance
- The Crucible of Flame's Concentrated Flame
- Blood of the Enemy's Blood of the Enemy (burst AoE)
- Breath of the Dying's Reaping Flames
- Purification Protocol's Purifying Blast
- Vision of Perfection's Vision of Perfection
- The Unbound Force's The Unbound Force
- Conflict and Strife's Conflict
- Spark of Inspiration's Moment of Glory
- The Formless Void's Replica of Knowledge
- Ripple in Space's Ripple in Space
- Memory of Lucid Dreams's Lucid Dreams
- Worldvein Resonance's Lifeblood (stacked with 3+ others)
- Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Energy
- Breath of the Dying's Lethal Strikes
- Purification Protocol's Purification Protocol (aberrations or multitarget)
- Conflict and Strife's Strife
- The Crucible of Flame's Ancient Flame
- Blood of the Enemy's Blood-Soaked (sustained multitarget)
- Condensed Life-Force's Condensed Life-Force
- The Unbound Force's Reckless Force
- Vision of Perfection's Strive for Perfection
- Spark of Inspiration's Unified Strength
- The Formless Void's Symbiotic Presence
- Ripple in Space's Reality Shift
Essence Comparison Simulations
As with all simulations provided in our guides, they only provide a very rough guideline, and you should not rely on them for making decisions on your own gear. Always use Raidbots.com to sim your own character.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- 40 Shamans Clear All of Molten Core
- Gargan Mounts in Shadowlands
- 29 Fire Mages Cleared Heroic Ny'alotha
- WoWToken.info Shutting Down
- 29 Fire Mages Melted Heroic Dresta'gath in 22 Seconds
- Exclusive Wrath of the Lich King Commemorative Server Blades on Sale in China
- Stranglethorn Vale Recreated in Unreal Engine 4
- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas on Blood/Void Elf Blue Eyes