Arms Warrior DPS Uldir Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Arms Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Uldir. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Arms Warrior in Uldir
This page is not a complete raid guide for Uldir . It is a boss-by-boss breakdown of talent suggestions, Warrior specific optimizations, as well as other tips and tricks. Initially, this page will focus on Normal and Heroic mode, with Mythic optimizations added once the difficulty is released.
Arms Warriors are currently very competitive in both single and multitarget encounters, with an emphasis on two-target cleave and burst AoE, as well as powerful defensives and high mobility, which will help keep Arms Warriors in the fight longer than other melee.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Taloc
- Time the use of your Colossus Smash so that you are not using it immediately before Taloc casts Plasma Discharge.
- If you are targeted by Plasma Discharge, use Heroic Leap to quickly move away from the raid and Charge to get back after the debuff has expired.
- Defensive Stance can be used to reduce damage taken during Plasma Discharge, although it comes at the cost of being able to Heroic Leap and keep up with the boss less.
- When Taloc casts Cudgel of Gore at 100 energy, there is a short delay between reaching the tank and dealing damage. Do not use Charge to catch up to the boss until after the damage goes out, or else it will kill you.
- In Phase Two and Three, Sweeping Strikes can be used to hit two targets at the same time, which will also refund Rage with Collateral Damage talented. If your raid is good at grouping multiple adds together, then Warbreaker can be used instead alongside Bladestorm to quickly kill them.
- Taloc starts at 65% health, which means he reaches 35% much faster than other encounters of the same length, making Massacre the perfect talent, usable throughout the entirety of Phase Three.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on M.O.T.H.E.R.
- If you find yourself unable to keep in range of the boss during Wind Tunnel, let it push you back a few yards, and quickly Charge or Heroic Leap to catch back up.
- Use Heroic Leap to quickly dodge the Uldir Defensive Beam.
- Interrupt Remnants of Corruption cast by Clinging Corruption with Pummel or Intimidating Shout.
- M.O.T.H.E.R. takes 100% increased damage upon reaching the third and last room, making Massacre the perfect talent for finishing the encounter.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Fetid Devourer
- Rather than trying to avoid Shockwave Stomp, allow it to knock you back in order to use Charge for free Rage generation.
- Time Colossus Smash for the Corruption Corpuscle spawns, and use it with Sweeping Strikes in order to maintain damage on it and the boss, provided they are kept close enough.
- Use Heroic Leap to quickly move from one Corruption Corpuscle spawn to the next, if needed.
- The Fetid Devourer takes 50% increased damage from 50% health until it is defeated, which synergizes greatly with Massacre.
Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth
- The Silithid Warrior pack spawns approximately 50 seconds into the encounter, so Warbreaker can be used immediately on the pull, and then saved for the spawns. Bladestorm can sometimes be available again before the adds appear, although it is a gamble and generally not risking.
- Interrupt the Nerubian Voidweaver's Void Bolt cast with Pummel or fear them with Intimidating Shout.
- If you are afflicted with Roiling Deceit, use Heroic Leap to quickly get away from the raid and Charge to get back.
- Try to soak a Orb of Corruption at 35% in order to make the most of its 100% damage increase with Massacre.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Vectis
- Use Sweeping Strikes whenever the Plague Amalgam spawns in order to cleave both it and the boss.
- Defensive Stance can be used during Phase Two in order to reduce damage taken.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Zul, Reborn
- Time Warbreaker and Bladestorm for Call of Blood add spawns. Use Sweeping Strikes to cleave two targets whenever you are not going to be using Bladestorm.
- If targeted by Dark Revelation use Heroic Leap to move away from the raid, and Charge to get back to your target once it has expired.
- Berserker Rage can be used to immune or remove the fear caused by Minion of Zul.
- In Phase Two, use Charge after Locus of Corruption to negate the knockback.
Mythrax the Unraveler
Arms Warrior Playstyle on Mythrax the Unraveler
- Sweeping Strikes can sometimes be used to cleave both the boss and a player charmed by a Oblivion Sphere.
- If you get targeted by Imminent Ruin, use Heroic Leap to get away from the raid.
- Interrupt the Mind Flay channeled by Visions of Madness with Pummel.
Arms Warrior Playstyle on G'huun
Warriors are a strong choice for transporting the Power Matrix, using Heroic Leap and Charge to quickly move through the room.
- If you get afflicted with Explosive Corruption, use Heroic Leap to run to the edge of the room and Charge to get back.
- Align Colossus Smash with Reorigination Blast whenever possible to take advantage of its 100% increased damage taken debuff.
- Use Berserker Rage to immune or remove the fear from Gaze of G'huun.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir release.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (empty for now).
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th