Fury Warrior Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Fury Warrior affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Fury Warrior in Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
This page will go over how the changes currently on the Patch 9.1 Public Test Realm (PTR) will affect Fury Warriors, specifically how the changes impact the playstyle, best Legendaries, Covenants, etc. If you are simply interested in what the current changes are for Fury Warrior on the 9.1 PTR, you can read our Patch 9.1 Warrior Changes.
Due to the nature of testing and ongoing development, any changes to Fury Warriors on the PTR are likely to be incomplete and/or not final. Make sure to keep checking this page over time for additional changes, and we highly recommend reviewing our Fury Warrior guide once 9.1 goes live for definitive thoughts on what changed and its impact on gameplay.
Baseline Changes in Patch 9.1 for Fury Warrior
There are currently no baseline changes for Fury Warriors in Patch 9.1.
Best Talents in Patch 9.1 for Fury Warrior
While there are no specific talent changes in Patch 9.1, Venthyr Fury Warriors will find themselves using a new legendary in single target encounters, which results in changing talents from Bladestorm to Dragon Roar.
Best Legendary in Patch 9.1 for Fury Warrior
Warriors have four new covenant-specific legendaries coming in Patch 9.1, which interact with each of the different covenant abilities. Although they are covenant-specific, they are not universally strongest for each, largely doubling down on what the covenant ability already excels at.
- Venthyr's Sinful Surge allows 100% uptime on Recklessness during Condemn windows when used alongside Anger Management and Depths of Insanity, which represents a very large power spike during the execute phases — particularly the extended end of the encounter when talenting Massacre. It is currently the strongest setup for single target, although Signet of Tormented Kings will continue to be used in multi-target situations.
- Night Fae's Nature's Fury is a somewhat overly complicated increase to the pulsing ground effect damage from Ancient Aftershock, which has some strong multi-target potential, but is dependent on keeping targets within the area of effect for even longer than normal. While it may have some very specific burst AoE uses, Signet of Tormented Kings will continue to be the go to multi-target legendary in Mythic+ dungeons.
- Necrolord's Glory benefits both the Warrior and an extra ally, although the duration increase does not extend to the buff applied to friendly players. While the extension also makes Veteran's Repute last longer, it only amounts to a moderate personal damage increase, still behind other options. That said, buffing an extra ally makes the legendary's total group damage contribution much higher, to the point where Necrolord competes very well with Venthyr, albeit at a personal damage loss.
- The Kyrian Legendary has not yet been announced.
Venthyr's Sinful Surge is incredibly powerful in single-target, and although the legendary does not have any effect in the middle of encounters, it ends them with a bombastic execute phase. Signet of Tormented Kings is still the go-to for multi-target and Night Fae, though Necrolord's Glory amounts to a very competitive amount of additional group buffed damage, while coming at a personal cost to the Warrior. It is also generally harder to use, requiring the coordination of four players positioning and cooldowns instead of just one, making Glory more prone to failure.
Best Covenant in Patch 9.1 for Fury Warrior
Covenant balance has changed slightly, with Venthyr pushing back up to the top in single-target when using Sinful Surge. In multi-target, however, Night Fae continues to outshine all others, favoring Signet of Tormented Kings for more frequent cooldown use.
- 19 May 2021: Page created with preliminary Patch 9.1 information.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1