Destruction Warlock Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Destruction Warlock before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as an Destruction Warlock
On this page we will guide you on how to perform the best in Torghast, Tower of the Damned as a Destruction Warlock. If you are looking for generic Torghast information, check out the pages below.
Best Setup for Torghast as an Destruction Warlock
Best Talents for Torghast as an Destruction Warlock
|15||✓ Flashover||✗ Eradication||? Soul Fire|
|25||✓ Reverse Entropy||✗ Internal Combustion||? Shadowburn|
|30||✗ Demon Skin||✓ Burning Rush||? Dark Pact|
|35||? Inferno||? Fire and Brimstone||✓ Cataclysm|
|40||✗ Darkfury||✓ Mortal Coil||? Howl of Terror|
|45||✗ Roaring Blaze||✓ Rain of Chaos||✗ Grimoire of Sacrifice|
|50||✓ Soul Conduit||? Channel Demonfire||✓ Dark Soul: Instability|
There are a couple of options available when it comes to talents as an Destruction Warlock in Torghast.
Level 15 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Flashover||✘ Eradication||? Soul Fire|
Soulfire is the more active option in the tree, hitting hard and providing shard generation in any situation.
Level 25 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Reverse Entropy||✘ Internal Combustion||? Shadowburn|
Reverse Entropy is the default choice, helping in any situation.
Shadowburn relies on targets frequently being in execute range in order to be effective.
Level 30 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Demon Skin||✔ Burning Rush||? Dark Pact|
Burning Rush gives mobility which makes each run faster and more efficient.
Dark Pact gives active mitigation if needed, at the expense of mobility.
Level 35 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|? Inferno||? Fire and Brimstone||✔ Cataclysm|
Fire and Brimstone offers a good middleground, not excelling in any situation.
Cataclysm is the default choice for single target and burst AoE.
Level 40 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Darkfury||✔ Mortal Coil||? Howl of Terror|
Mortal Coil is the preferred choice for solo, due to a combination of additional crowd control that cannot be broken by damage, and the added selfheal burst.
Howl of Terror can help dealing with AoE pulls in group play.
Level 45 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Roaring Blaze||✔ Rain of Chaos||✘ Grimoire of Sacrifice|
Rain of Chaos is the default choice here, due its synergy with anima powers and the increased burst potential.
Level 50 Talent Row for Destruction Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Soul Conduit||? Channel Demonfire||✔ Dark Soul: Instability|
Channel Demonfire offers a sustained increase in single target and partially AoE, but is not particularly impressive in either.
Dark Soul: Instability further increase the burst potential.
Best Destruction Warlock Anima Powers
During a Torghast run, there are plenty of chances to choose 1 between 3 different anima powers. Below we have compiled a list with the relative strength of each Anima Powers you can obtain within Torghast.
Keep in mind some powers might perform better when paired with different options, unlike others that can instead deliver results on their own.
Last but not least, the choice will often be among Potency, Survivability and Utility. Playstyle preference should be taken into account, therefore do not hesitate to experiment differently from this list.
"S" is best and "F" is worst.
For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Warlocks, please refer to the pages linked just below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Crumbling Aegis if in front of the last boss
- Ultimate Detainment if in a group with a tank
- Choking Chains
- Darkwhisper Signet especially with Rain of Chaos talented
- Realmlord's Insignia
- Soul Platter does not increase Rain of Chaos duration and each additional Infernal procs have a chance to consume a Soul Remnant.
A-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Heart of Endereth
- Lens of Elchaver
- Potent Acid Gland
- Spectral Oats lets you balance the health loss from Burning Rush
- Fallen Armaments
- V'lara's Cape of Subterfuge
- Brittle Bone Dust for large pulls and against bosses
- Offer of Souls
- Pocketed Soulcage
- Inferno Skewers
- Mark of Borrowed Power is good when stacked
- Pact of Thickness
B-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Imperial Warrant
- Knowledge of Mortality
- Pulsing Rot-hive
- Subjugator's Manacles
- Dark Fortress
- The Stone Ward
- Unstable Form
- Glasswing Charm
- Dark Armaments
- Ephemeral Effigy
- Resonating Effigy
- Blood-Stained Dagger
- Detonation Torch
- Glutton's Guise
- Pact of Infernal Intimacy
- Tainted Blood Vial
- Zovaal's Resolution
C-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Gaze of Death
- Frostbite Wand
- Heart of the Forge
- Purifier's Flame
- Stoneflesh Figurine
- Oversized Boots
- Band of Deep Burns
- Soulward Clasp
- Cilice of Denathrius
- Glutton's Kerchief
- Art of the Blood Passage
- Chaotic Effigy
- Disembodied Tongue with Venthyr covenant
- Hellfire Pact
- Smoking Shard of Teleportation
- Void Etched Talisman for group play
- Warlock's Bargain take it at your own risk
D-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Corruption Antenna
- Flame Jet
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Kerim's Amulet of Laceration
- Lightning Dust
- Defiance of Death
- Echo of Azeroth
- Irritating Moth Dust
- Swarm Form
- Coffer of Spectral Whispers
- Roots of the Dreamtree
- Suffused Noble Writ
- Bottled Shadow
- Crystal of Perpetual Displacement
- Sacrificial Vermin
- Shadowed Shortblade
- Visage of Lethality
- Whispers of the Jailer
E-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Erratic Howler
- Gruul's Shattered Toenail
- Tremorbeast Tusk
- Watchful Lightfly
- Bottled Enigma
- Flamestarved Cinders
- Icy Heartcrust
- Overgrowth Seedling
- Blade of the Lifetaker
- Curious Miasma
- Crown of Obstinance
- Shimmering Wingcape
- Ever-Beating Heart
- Golden Idol
- The Fifth Skull
- Claw of Endereth
- Dissolving Vial
- Thirsting Chain
F-Tier Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
- Scroll of Elchaver
- Stormcycle Peridot
- Yel'Shir's Powerglove
- Negation Well
- Hematoma Bat
- Lumbering Form - good for griefing your group :)
- Elongated Skeletal Arms
- Soulvoid Bag
Phantasma Anima Powers for Destruction Warlock
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "B"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Destruction Warlock Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
During the first 1, maybe 2 floors, with little to no anima powers, at higher difficulties the tower can be quite challenging, however warlocks as a pet class can deal with multiple target pulls easier than most other classes. Always pay attention to your pet health when soloing the tower, and consider rotating crowd control abilities in the event where the Voidwalker is taking too much damage. Health Funnel can be used to prolong its life, but more often than not is just better to summon a new one.
- Cast Soulfire on cooldown if talented
- Cast Cataclysm on cooldown if talented, trying to maximise the number of targets affected each cast
- Cast Channel Demonfire on cooldown if talented
- Spend your shards on Chaos Bolt unless there are 3 or more targets stacked and your Havoc is on cooldown, in which case cast Rain of Fire
- maintain Immolate on as many targets as possible
- try to snipe dying targets with Shadowburn if talented
- Cast Incinerate if nothing else is available
In order to maximise Infernal usage, try to pool at least 4 shards and try to spend as many as possible for the duration of Rain of Chaos in order to trigger as many additional Infernals as possible.
Make liberal use of your cooldowns in order to deal with difficult pulls, as normally the end floor mini bosses are not particularly challenging. Try instead to get to the floor 6 boss with all cooldowns ready as later it turns into a DPS race.
Anima Power Playstyle Changes for Destruction Warlock
Destruction Warlocks can achieve almost permanent Infernal through a combination of different powers, specifically Realmlord's Insignia, Soul Platter. This playstyle is especially effective with multiple stacks of Darkwhisper Signet and Pact of Infernal Intimacy to further empower your army of Infernals.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Useful Soul Ash Macro
- Spit Emote No Longer Works If You Have Someone Targeted on Burning Crusade Classic PTR
- 40 Paladins Versus 40 Priests
- Lady Vashj Is the Personificantion of Timegating
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 29th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now on the PTR
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: Blue and Yellow, Together Again
- The Last Time Each Spec Has Been in a World First Kill