Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Castle Nathria Raid Guide — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Vengeance Demon Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Castle Nathria. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
During Shadowlands Season 4, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will each spend time being featured as a Fated Raid. During these times encounters within the specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
There is currently one main build for fated Castle Nathria due to having access to the 4-set tier bonus. The spirit bomb build focuses on maintaining max uptime of Immolation Aura to spawn extra souls which will lower the cooldown of immolation aura and Fel Devastation.
Spirit bomb build:
- Level 15: Agonizing Flames or Abyssal Strike (for movement fights)
- Level 25: Fallout
- Level 30: Spirit Bomb
- Level 35: Fracture
- Level 40: Quickened Sigils or Sigil of Chains for adds
- Level 45: Demonic
- Level 50: Last Resort
There are two many legendary choices for raiding. For single-target fights where you will have extra GCDs for Soul Cleave, Razelikh's Defilement will allow extra casts of Elysian Decree. For a more RNG survival build, use Darkglare Medallion. Additionally, use Unity as the secondary legendary.
For more information on the talent builds, please follow the link below:
- Tank Swap Exsanguinating Bite.
- Exsanguinating Bite applies Exsanguinated at 10 stacks, which reduces healing by 10%, causes players takes 5% more damage and bleed damage over time per stack.
- This is physical damage so having a stack of Demon Spikes up along with Metamorphosis or Fiery Brand will help.
- If you are a Kyrian, you can remove Exsanguinated with Phial of Serenity.
- Echoing Screech needs to be dodged. Getting hit by the circle will horrify the player for 3 seconds and cause a gargoyle to crash down on the location after 6 seconds.
- During the intermission, Shriekwing cannot be tanked. Anyone within 12 yards of the boss will be instantly killed.
- When Shriekwing casts Earsplitting Shriek, it should be avoided by jumping behind a pillar and breaking line of sight to avoid sonic damage and leaving behind a sanguine pool.
- Mythic: Echoing Screech circles are invisible to the player and can only be seen by using the The Blood Lantern.
For more information, please refer to our Shriekwing guide.
- All phases: The melee hit from Altimor does massive amount of damage. It is important to keep up mitigation as much as possible.
- Phase 1: Tank both Margore and Huntsman on top of each other.
- Phase 2: Tank both Bargast and Huntsman on top of each other except
for Rip Soul.
- Move Bargast far away from Altimor for Rip Soul. Rip Soul is a large magic damage hit that will remove the player's soul, which will then walk towards the boss. The add must be healed up prior to reaching the boss. The health of the add is proportional to the health of the player being struck of Rip Soul. Use Fiery Brand.
- Phase 3: Walk Hecutis slowly around Altimor for cleave damage.
- Hecutis gains charges of Crushing Stone for each melee hit, which increases his physical damage by 25% and slows his movement speed. When Hecutis moves, he loses 1 stuck of Crushing Stone but inflicts raid wide nature damage. Watch raid health. If raid health gets low, stop moving Hecutis and use a defensive cooldown until the raid is stabilized.
For more information, please refer to our Huntsman Altimor guide.
Sun King's Salvation
- Phase 1
- Several adds spawn during this phase. Group all
Vile Occultists as quickly as possible.
- Vile Occultists casts Vulgar Brand, which needs to be interrupted.
- Rockbound Vanquisher requires a dedicated tank. Tank Swap at 2 stacks of Vanquished. If you are a Kyrian, you can remove Vanquished with Phial of Serenity.
- Adds can be grouped with Sigil of Silence or Sigil of Chains.
- Spirit Bomb is fantastic at picking up adds due to the uncapped damage.
- Several adds spawn during this phase. Group all Vile Occultists as quickly as possible.
- Phase 2
For more information, please refer to our Sun King's Salvation guide.
- Positioning is based on where the Dimensional Tear is being placed. It is recommended to tank the boss on the wall in all phases. It is recommended to have a Dimensional Tear near the tank for all phases.
- Tank Swap: Glyph of Destruction is a tank debuff that is cast in all three phases of the fight. The mark will detonate after 4 seconds dealing raid wide arcane damage that decreases over distance. Use Infernal Strike to leap to the side of the room that is unoccupied to detonate. Taking the portal can cause an overlap with other abilities causing deaths to DPS or healers.
- Phase 2: Seeds of Extinction appear in set locations on the floor and will detonate in a large radius. Infernal Strike can be used to move them quickly while off tanking.
- Phase 3: Edge of Annihilation summons a giant sword in the middle room that pulls all players to it. Players will die if they are in the circle when it detonates. Take the portal from the circle or use Infernal Strike to get out of the radius.
For more information, please refer to our Artificer Xy'Mox guide.
- Overwhelm is a large physical damage hit against the tank. Use Demon Spikes, Metamorphosis, or Fiery Brand.
- Tank Swap: Hungering Destroyer gains stacks of Growing Hunger for each melee swing that increases the damage from consecutive Hungering Strikes by 8 percent. The buff falls off on a tank swap and should be done after each Overwhelm.
- Expunge will place a circle around the player based on missing health. Use any spare cooldowns prior to Expunge to go into it as close to max health as possible. The circle grows based on missing health and causes Shadow damage to anyone in your circle.
For more information, please refer to our Hungering Destroyer guide.
Lady Inerva Darkvein
- Tank Swap at two stacks of Expose Desires.
- When the Container of Desires is above 66% energy, Expose Desires will detonate when it expires causing damage to any players in the circle. This normally corresponds with add spawns. Have melee move out of your circle
- Two adds are spawned throughout the fight from player circles. They are unable to move. Harnessed Specter needs to be tanked by the current off tank. Conjured Manifestations need to be interrupted while they cast Condemn.
For more information, please refer to our Lady Inerva Darkvein guide.
The Council of Blood
- Split tank Castellan Niklaus and Lord Stavros. Baroness Frieda does not need a tank swap, so she can be tanked by either tank at all times.
- Tank Swap at two stacks of Duelist's Riposte.
- The tank with Stavros must face the wall at all times. When Evasive Lunge is cast, Stavros will teleport behind the tank and dash 20 yards through them.
- Interrupt Frieda when she casts Dreadbolt Volley.
- Recommended kill order: Frieda, Stavros, and then Niklaus.
For more information, please refer to our The Council of Blood guide.
- Giant Fists will cause the damage done to the main tank to hit another player within 5 yards. If there is no player within 5 yards, it will hit the main tank twice. Use the best tank to handle the consistent physical damage. Due to our lower mitigation up time, other tanks are better suited for this.
- No tank swap is needed but both tanks must remained group for the entire fight.
- Destructive Stomp will do damage and break any pillars within 20 yards. Do not tank the boss within 20 yards of any pillars.
- Use Infernal Strike to move behind a pillar for Hateful Gaze.
- Gruesome Rage triggers at 30% health and will increase his damage and attack speed by 20%. Use mitigation to help the healers.
For more information, please refer to our Sludgefist guide.
Stone Legion Generals
- Phase 1: Tank General Kaal in the middle of the room.
- Phase 2: Tank General Grashaal in the middle of the room.
- Phase 3: Tank both bosses in the middle on top of each other.
- Tank Swap: Switch when General Gashaal casts Crystalize in the same manner as in Phase 1. Use personal if you are soaking Crystalize while off tanking General Grashaal.
For more information, please refer to our Stone Legion Generals guide.
- Phase 1: Split raid in half with a tank in each group. Tank 1 will
start with Denathrius with group 1 stacked on top of him to soak
- Tank Swap: Switch after each cast of Cleansing Pain.
- Phase 2: Tank both Denathrius and Remornia on top of each other as
often as possible. Pull both to the north side of the platform near the northernmost
- Tank Swap: Denathrius casts Wracking Pain, which leaves a stacking debuff. Switch after each stack. Face Wrecking Pain towards the range adds to increase the damage they receive.
- Use the northern mirror when Hand of Destruction starts to cast. All people who does not have Impale will move back instantly through the mirror. On the next cast, move back through the mirror and stay there. Kill the adds that spawn on the south side of the room.
- Phase 3: Tank the boss in the middle of the platform or on one of the free
sides of the room. This is dependent on strategy.
- Tank Swap: Switch on 4 to 6 stacks of Scorn.
- Shattering Pain does 100% weapon damage 3 times over 3 seconds and then does a raid wide shadow damage knockback. Use Glide to counter the knockback. Fiery Brand and Demon Spikes should be up for each combo and use Metamorphosis as needed to handle the combo.
- Use Infernal Strike to get away from the Hand of Destruction.
For more information, please refer to our Sire Denathrius guide.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for fated Castle Nathria.
- 03 Jan. 2021: Updated boss information. Updated build recommendation.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added boss tips.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Added placeholder Castle Nathria page.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4