Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.0
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Vengeance Demon Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Sepulcher of the First Ones. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.0.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
With the Dragonflight talent trees available the recommended talent build is as follows.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
There are two many legendary choices for raiding. For single-target fights where you will have extra GCDs for Soul Cleave, Razelikh's Defilement will allow extra casts of Elysian Decree. For a more defensive build, use Fiery Soul. Additionally, use Unity as the secondary legendary.
For more information on the talent builds, please follow the link below:
- Tank Swap Pre-fabricated Sentry: Sentry slams the tank at 50 energy with Dissonance leaving a debuff that increases the damage of dissonance for 20 seconds. Swap at 1 stack.
- The sentry cleaves so face away from the raid.
- Adds will spawn throughout the first phase and needs to be picked up on boss for cleave.
- Stand under shield of the bot during Exposed Core.
- Tank Swap Vigilant Guardian: At 40%, the boss will roll out and becomes active. All adds will stop spawning. Tank swap on 1 stack of Pneumatic Impact. Boss cleaves so face away from raid.
For more information, please refer to our VigilantGuardian guide.
Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
- Tank Swap: Riftmaw does massive shadow damage in a cone in front of the boss and applies a debuff that increases the damage of Riftmaw for 6 sconds.
- Tanks must stand within 10 yards of each other due to Wormhole Jaws will hit the main tank twice instead of each tank once. Due not stack due to Riftmaw.
- Rend will hit all targets in front of the boss for large amount of physical damage on hit and a ticking bleed damage for 45 seconds. Use cooldowns if required.
- Stack on raid to trigger Ravening Burrow when planned by raid leader.
For more information, please refer to our Skolex the Insatiable Ravener guide.
- Tank Swap: Glyph of Relocation is placed on the tank for 5 seconds causing arcane damage every 1 second. After 5 seconds, explodes and hits the entire raid for arcane damage based on distance to the tank. Position properly because the glyph will reposition all players to the tank.
- Use Dimensional Tear portals to dodge Genesis Rings.
- Tank Swap Xy Acolyte: Phase 2 is an add phase. Xy Acolytes will cast Massive Blast on the tank causing arcane damage and places a debuff that increases the damage of Massive Blast.
Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle
- Tank Swap: Infused Strikes applies a stacking debuff that lasts for 20 seconds that does cosmic damage every 1 second. More stacks is more damage. When the debuff expires, the entire raid takes damage equal to the amount of stacks. Taunt on 3 stacks.
- Pick up adds and try to stack on the boss for cleave damage.
- Disintegration Halo will spawn from 1 resevoir at the start of the fight with up to 4 by the end of the fight. The halo will place a debuff that increases the damage of another halo for 6 seconds. Purposely get hit by the first one as soon as possible to drop the debuff before the next halo hits. Repeat for all halos.
For more information, please refer to our Dausegne the Fallen Oracle guide.
- Phase 1 has Prototype of War and Prototype of Duty.
- Tank Swap Prototype of Duty: Humbling Strikes hits for massive physical damage and places a debuff that increases the damage from Humbling Strikes by 100% for 40 seconds. 30% of damage to the tank will radiate and hit the entire raid. Use defensives including Fiery Brand, Demon Spikes, or Metamorphosis.
- Keep both Prototype of War and Prototype of Duty next to each other for cleave damage.
- Interrupt Pototype of War's Gloom Bolt as much as possible.
- Phase 2 has Prototype of Renewal and Prototype of Absolution.
- Tank Swap Prototype of Absolution: Wracking Pain does massive shadow damage in a cone in front of the boss and applies a debuff that increases all damage received by 25% for 40 seconds. This effect stacks. This debuff is also applied to Necrotic Ritualists if they are hit with the debuff. This is very similiar to the Denathrius fight in Castle Nathria.
- Interrupt Prototype of Renewal's Anima Bolt.
- Phase 3 has all bosses active. Taunt swap Prototype of Duty and Prototype of Resolution.
For more information, please refer to our Prototype Pantheon guide.
Lihuvim, Principal Architect
- Tank Swap: Lihuvim will alternate Kinetic Resonance and Sundering Resonance at the current target. Kinetic will do massive physical damage and apply a debuff increasing the amount of Cosmic damage received. Sundering will do massive Cosmic damage and apply a debuff that increases the amount of Physical damage received. A tank should be assigned to every Kinetic Resonance and the other to every Sundering Resonance. The tank with the Kinetic debuff should hold the boss after these abilities are casted due to the increased Physical damage.
- Boss will cleave so face away from raid and do not stack on the co-tank.
- Phase 2: Group on the prototype being created based on the raid leaders plan. This will reduce damage received during this phase by 90%. If the add dies before it is created, the add will not spawn.
- Pick up any adds that were not killed during the creation process for cleave damage. Move any adds outside of the Guardian Automa's shield. Acquisition Atoma cannot be tanked and knock everyone back across the map once it dies. Position the adds so that people are knocked back away from any motes.
For more information, please refer to our Lihuvim Principal Architect guide.
Halondrus the Reclaimer
- Tank Swap: Lightshatter Beam is a cone ability that does massive Cosmic damage to the tank and anything else in the path. This beam must be aimed at Guardian Pylon's that are spawned around the boss to break the Fractal Shell the pylon is casting. This will allow dps to kill the pylon. In the last phase, the pylons will start to detonate one at a time. Lightshatter Beam must prioritize the pylons that are detonating.
- Orbs move from the outside of the room towards the boss. The off-tank should soak as many of these orbs as possible. A debuff is applied after soaking causing additional orbs to do more damage.
- Halondrus will move between rooms during intermission and there is large amount of environmental damage hitting the raid. Use Infernal Strike as needed to create room for other players.
For more information, please refer to our Halondrus the Reclaimer guide.
- Tank Swap: Dark Zeal will increase the attack speed of Anduin by 7% per melee and this will stack. Swap to drop Anduin's stacks as needed.
- Kingsmourne Hungers is a cone attack that will banish the players soul temporarily to another realm if hit by the ability. Tank swap to reset Dark Zeal and then the previous tank needs to get hit to go to the realm to tank Anduin's Despair. Players hit will receive a debuff that increases the damage for the next Kingsmourne Hungers by 1000%. Tanks will need to alternate who goes down.
- Intermission: Remnant of Arthas will spawn.
- Tank Swap Remnant: Soul Reaper will inflict massive physical damage and shadowfrost damage applying a debuff that increases all physical damage by 150%.
- Phase 2 Grim Reflections will spawn manifestations of Anduin. Interrupt Psychic Terror.
For more information, please refer to our Anduin Wrynn guide.
Lords of Dread
- Tank Swap Mal'Ganis: Leeching Claws will hit the tank for physical damage and anyone else in front of the boss applying Opened Veins. Opened veins will lower healing received by 20%. If Leeching claws hits anyone with the opened veins debuff, Mal'ganis will heal for 10% per target hit.
- Tank Swap Mal'Ganis: Anguishing Strike hits targets in front of her causing physical damage and additional shadow damage for 18 seconds. This effect stacks.
- Both dread lords need to die at almost the same time. Maintain cleave distance while not stacking due to the cone debuffs.
For more information, please refer to our Lords of Dread guide.
- Tank Swap: Corrupted Strikes inflicts physical damage and cosmic damage applying Corrupted Wound for 10 seconds. Swap after each stack.
- Tank Rygelon near Cosmic Cores so they can be soaked efficiently. Tanks are able to soak them but normally the raid handles them.
- In the singularity realm, tank Rygelon near the unstable cores so they can be cleave down. When the cores die, they create a gravitational well that does massive physical damage. This should be soak by a solo tank so that the entire raid doesn't take all the damage.
For more information, please refer to our Rygelon guide.
- Tank Swap Phase 1: Martyrdom is a combination of 4 hits. Imprisonment will root the current tank for 4 seconds. Persecution will then slam the tank for massive physical damage and increase all physical damage by 200% for 40 seconds. Suffering will then hit all players for physical damage and apply a bleed for 21 seconds. Finally, Misery will hit the current tank for massive physical damage that is split between all targets hit. If less than 5 targets are hit, the entire raid takes massive shadow damage. It is unknown if the off-tank can taunt for misery from the tank that has the persecution debuff.
- Tank Swap Phase 2: Shattering Blast will cause massive shadow damage to the tank and anyone within 10 yards. The blast will destroy any pylons that spawned during Unholy Attunement. Tank should destroy any pylons possible.
- Tank Swap Phase 3: Chains of Anguish will chain the current tank plus the three nearest allies together. Physical damage taken by the tank is applied to all three chained targets. The chain is broken once the players separate 30 yards apart. Off-tank should not be one of the closest targets and pick up the boss as soon as the first tank is chained.
For more information, please refer to our The Jailer guide.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery