Discipline Priest Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Discipline Priest, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
By heading into Torghast, you will be able to create gear with Legendary Powers through the new Runecarving system. These powers boost your abilities in a unique way, but you can only wear one of them at a time. This guide will list, explain, and rank each power, so that you can understand which are the best ones to use on any given situation.
Best Legendaries for Discipline Priest
Bolded slots are preferable due to carrying more stats than the alternative options, thus making better use of the higher item budget and customized stats of legendaries.
|Raiding||Clarity of Mind||Chest or Finger||Castle Nathria (Sludgefist)|
|Mythic+ (Uncoordinated Groups / PuGs)||The Penitent One||Feet or Back||Torghast (The Soulforges, Layer 3+)|
|Mythic+ (Coordinated Groups)||Twins of the Sun Priestess||Head or Shoulders||Castle Nathria (Stone Legion Generals)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Wrist, Neck, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
Best Raiding Legendaries for Discipline Priest
Clarity of Mind remains our strongest legendary in raid content due to the modifications provided to both Rapture and Spirit Shell. Increasing the duration of the Atonement applied by Power Word: Shield while under the effect of Rapture, as well as reducing the Mana cost of said Power Word: Shields drastically increases the power of your non- Evangelism ramps. If talented into Spirit Shell for specific situations, the legendary switches to work with that as well, increasing the duration of active Atonements by 3 seconds and reducing the Mana cost of your damage-dealing spells.
While this legendary's recipe drops from the raid itself, we recommend waiting to craft a legendary until you can clear the raid on a lower difficulty to get it instead of crafting something else.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Discipline Priest
For Mythic+ content you have a few options depending on the situation. While none of our legendaries are very powerful in dungeon content, Twins of the Sun Priestess can provide a solid boost to either yourself or a DPS in your group during a pain point of the dungeon. Due to this legendary requiring you to synchronize its use with a DPS player's coooldowns to get optimal benefits, this is a legendary that we do not recommend using unless you are in a coordinated group.
For uncoordinated groups or PuGs (Pick up Groups), we recommend using The Penitent One for a boost to Penance after using Power Word: Radiance. The only issue with this legendary is the proc chance, meaning occasionally it will not trigger when you need it to.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Discipline Priest
If you plan on running Torghast with a group of people, consider referring to the Mythic+ recommendations if your group is large enough that you have to heal for most of the time.
Otherwise, the recommendations below assume you are running solo or with only 1 or 2 extra players, in which case improving your own (area of effect) damage is the most important consideration.
Due to the overall strength of the Anima Powers compared to the legendaries themselves, Stable Phantasma Lure is a very appealing legendary in Torghast. Increasing the rate at which you earn Phantasma, a Torghast-only currency used to purchase Anima Powers, by a significant amount, this legendary is likely to give you a much larger impact over the course of an entire run over the other legendaries available.
A few special mentions due to potential synergy with available Anima Powers follow:
- Maw Rattle gives you a high chance to summon a Explosive Mawrat when killing an enemy, potentially tying into a Mawraw-focused combination of Anima Powers.
- Shadowflame Prism in combination with Dead Mawrat can lead to some interesting AoE potential by storing up Shadow Word: Death charges before a large pull and casting them rapidly to extend a single Shadowfiend cast in a large group of enemies.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Feb. 2021: Removed mention of a legendary due to an existing bug/unintended interaction causing it to no longer be recommended.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes