Enhancement Shaman Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Enhancement Shaman, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. The suite of powers include effects tailored to Enhancement, some broader Shaman options, and even universal powers available to all classes. You can take a look at our Runecarving page for more details on powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Enhancement Shaman
This is a recommendation for your ideal first legendary craft if you are a PvE player looking to do different avenues of content. This is the pick that will do best in the largest number of scenarios, and would be the default choice if you could only ever make one.
Doom Winds adds an extra 1-minute cooldown that lasts for 12 seconds, during which time it guarantees procs of Windfury Weapon on any hit that can trigger it when casting Windfury Totem. This adds a powerful burst cooldown into the mix, and it is also the only legendary with a strong AoE component due to Crash Lightning casts also triggering Windfury Weapon on any target hit.
This brings some serious burst AoE damage to the table as well as being extremely competitive in single-target, and is easily the pick for most flexible first craft. Even better, the recipe is very easy to get a hold of right away as it drops in Spires of Ascension.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
This section goes over the best Raiding legendary powers for us.
- Doom Winds is the easy pick here because of how many situations it can slot into and excel at.
- Deeply Rooted Elements has a lot of high damage potential and the procs also trigger Ascendance's on cast effect for AoE, but is extremely RNG-based, making it a bit more hit or miss.
- Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones is slightly better than Doom Winds in single-target, but has little to no AoE contribution. This is a great craft for some encounters, but is far more limited in its applications due to the damage type it provides and the requirement for high uptime.
- Legacy of the Frost Witch is also mechanically strong in single-target and adds an extra layer of burst windows in a more cyclical nature. However, despite being easier to pull off, it is slightly behind other alternatives right now.
- Primal Lava Actuators opens up a bit of build flexibility and can be useful, but the uptime required to pull off the talent build that accompanies it, focusing around Hot Hand, and it having very little AoE gains makes it a very niche pick.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
- Doom Winds once again reigns supreme here as a choice that can help both in large pulls and single-target bosses, and is hard to fault.
- Deeply Rooted Elements has a lot of potential to win out with big bursts of Ascendance explosions, but again it suffers from unreliability. The potential is there but the risk means that it cannot quite reach the consistency of Doom Winds.
- Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones is also reasonably good here as the cooldown reduction allows for Feral Spirit to be cast so much more often, smoothing out lots of pulls, but does not contribute nearly as much burst as Doom Winds does.
Other legendary options not listed here generally have a hard time making a meaningful impact to varied content types. Lots of them have a heavy leaning toward single-target which, while they are useful in their place they are not nearly as flexible enough to warrant picks in content that shifts pace so frequently.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021
- Even More Fantastical Settings Coming in Shadowlands, Endgame Loot and More: Ion Hazzikostas PC Gamer Article
- Tarragrue Glitches Out and Does No Damage
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 14th
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Item Level 184 Trinket World Quest Now Up in Bastion on US Servers