Enhancement Shaman Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Enhancement Shaman, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands via the Runecarver within Torghast. The suite of powers include effects tailored to Enhancement, some broader Shaman options, and even universal powers available to all classes. You can take a look at our Runecarving page for more details on powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Enhancement Shaman
This is a recommendation for your ideal first legendary craft if you are a PvE player looking to do different avenues of content. This is the pick that will do best in the largest number of scenarios, and would be the default choice if you could only ever make one.
Doom Winds adds an extra 1-minute cooldown that lasts for 12 seconds, during which time it guarantees procs of Windfury Weapon on any hit that can trigger it when casting Windfury Totem. This adds a powerful burst cooldown into the mix, and it is also the only legendary with a strong AoE component due to Crash Lightning casts also triggering Windfury Weapon on any target hit.
This brings some serious burst AoE damage to the table as well as being extremely competitive in single-target, and is easily the pick for most flexible first craft. Even better, the recipe is very easy to get a hold of right away as it drops in Spires of Ascension. This still remains the ideal first craft for any Enhancement players in most content even after the Patch 9.0.5 changes.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
This section goes over the best Raiding legendary powers for us.
- Doom Winds is the easy pick here because of how many situations it can slot into and excel at.
- Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones has the highest sustained single-target potential, and making use of Hot Hand, Elemental Spirits and Magma Fist caused it to benefit a lot from the 9.0.5 Lava Lash buff. However, it requires high uptime to make use of and does not have the same AoE or burst contributions, making it more niche but with a lot of potential.
- Deeply Rooted Elements has a lot of high damage potential and the procs also trigger Ascendance's on cast effect for AoE, but is extremely RNG-based, making it a bit more hit or miss.
- Legacy of the Frost Witch is mechanically strong for single-target, but despite the 9.0.5 changes is still numerically behind so is not currently worth the investment compared to alternatives.
- Primal Lava Actuators benefited significantly from the Lava Lash buff, but it is still not strong enough to recommend over alternatives. It has a very small niche in funnel-style gameplay, but not enough to shine.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
- Doom Winds once again reigns supreme here as a choice that can help both in large pulls and single-target bosses, and is hard to fault.
- Deeply Rooted Elements has a lot of potential to win out with big bursts of Ascendance explosions, but again it suffers from unreliability. The potential is there, but the risk means that it never reaches the reliability of Doom Winds.
- Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones is also reasonably good here as the cooldown reduction allows for Feral Spirit to be cast so much more often, smoothing out lots of pulls, but does not contribute nearly as much burst or AoE as Doom Winds does.
Other Legendary options not listed here generally have a hard time making a meaningful impact to varied content types. Lots of them have a heavy leaning toward single-target which, while they are useful in their place they are not nearly flexible enough to warrant picks in content that shifts pace so frequently.
Other Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
These are other options that are available that have not been mentioned in the above sections because they generally have no strong benefit.
- Ancestral Reminder has no strong benefits in any situation outside of extremely short encounters, as Bloodlust is used so infrequently and the sacrifice of losing other more, impactful options is too great.
- Deeptremor Stone is attached to a long 5-minute cooldown spell in Earth Elemental, is difficult to control, and often will get itself killed for very low payoff.
- Chains of Devastation provides some off-healing utility, but costs a lot of Global Cooldowns for low payoff as none of the spells will be fully empowered by Maelstrom Weapon, making this niche at best.
- Echo of Eonar's proc does not contribute enough of a damage increase to compete with any of the Enhancement-specific options.
- Judgment of the Arbiter's proc does too little damage per proc and is reliant on allies and positioning to make use of.
- Norgannon's Sagacity has no use for Enhancement as the majority of our abilities are instant.
- Sephuz's Proclamation has some niche benefits and is useful in PvP, but the proc does not contribute nearly enough to our damage profile.
- Stable Phantasma Lure only benefits Torghast specifically by adding more resources, so it has no use outside of there — and very limited benefits within.
- Vitality Sacrifice does not provide enough of a damage increase percentage to be worth it relative to the gains of what we have available, and is also contingent on getting hit frequently.
- Maw Rattle deals extremely low damage and the survival aspect is not relevant enough to even make it niche.
- Third Eye of the Jailer does not provide enough of a flat damage increase compared to our other options, even in perfect scenarios, so it currently is not worth crafting.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top