Demonology Warlock Patch 9.2 Changes Analysis and Tier Set Thoughts
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.2 changes for Demonology Warlock affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Demonology Warlock in Patch 9.2: Eternity's End
This page will go over how the changes currently on the Patch 9.2 will affect Demonology Warlocks, specifically how the changes impact the playstyle, best Legendaries, Covenants, etc. If you are simply interested in what the current changes are for Demonology Warlock on the 9.2 PTR, you can instead read our full list of changes to the entire Warlock class on our dedicated page below. For an additional list of content coming in Patch 9.2, you can also check out our Patch 9.2 Overview page.
Base Spec Changes for Patch 9.2
Currently Demonology Warlock did not receive any changes to their core kit and the Succubus buff should not affect the specialization choice of pet as there are talents and potency traits that affects Felguard but not the Succubus.
Best Talents in Patch 9.2 for Demonology Warlock
Demonology Warlock Tier Set in Patch 9.2
Equipping at least 2 and 4 pieces of the set will unlock new passive effects which are the following for Demonology Warlock:
- Demonology Warlock 2-Piece — Call Dreadstalkers has a 100% chance to summon an additional Dreadstalker.
- Demonology Warlock 4-Piece — Your Hand of Gul'dan has a 15% chance per Soul Shard to summon a Malicious Imp. When slain, Malicious Imp will either deal Fire damage to all nearby enemies of your Implosion or deal it to your current target.
The Demonology Warlock 2-Piece bonus is extremely powerful both in single-target and multitarget situations thanks to the interactions with Dreadlash and Carnivorous Stalkers on top of synergizing with Demonic Consumption as well.
Best Legendary in Patch 9.2 for Demonology Warlock
Patch 9.2 will feature the ability to equip a Covenant Legendary simultaneously with another non-covenant-specific one. In the case of Demonology it enables an alternate setup centered around Sacrificed Souls and Balespider's Burning Core as a Necrolord after acquiring both the tier set and Unity.
Otherwise, the default choice remains Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning as the best single- and 2-target Legendary option, with Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling gaining ground after obtaining the Demonology Warlock 2-Piece bonus. Implosive Potential is still the best option in multi-target unless priority damage is needed.
Best Covenant in Patch 9.2 for Demonology Warlock
Necrolord with Plague Deviser Marileth offers a competitive option to Niya for Demonology, but ultimately Night Fae have the luxury of 3 desirable Soulbinds that works with all 3 specs in all situations, whereas Necrolord mostly caters toward single-target.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated to reflect Patch 9.2 launch.
- 15 Jan. 2022: Page added with initial thoughts and information.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st