Mistweaver Monk Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Mistweaver Monk before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Mistweaver Monk Torghast Guide
As counter-intuitive as it is, Mistweavers (and healers in general) are actually very strong when it comes to solo clearing Torghast, often times outperforming their DPS counterparts. This is because the health of the enemies in Torghast is cut in half for healers. When you couple that with the fact that most of our damage will be coming from Anima Powers, as well as our self sustain, it makes healers a very strong pick for this type of content.
To familiarize yourself with Mistweaver DPS rotations be sure to checkout our guide linked below.
As a Mistweaver, you will want to leverage your high mobility and HoT spells in order to progress through Torghast. Chi Torpedo makes dodging the various traps and hazards within the tower fairly easy, while Enveloping Mist and Renewing Mist will keep you healthy as you engage with hostile NPCs.
Furthermore, tools like Paralysis, Ring of Peace, and Leg Sweep can save your life in a pinch.
If you would like more details about how Torghast works in general, please see our separate pages dedicated to it in the links below.
Best Torghast Talents for Mistweaver Monks
The following Talents are what we recommend for not only Torghast, but solo content in general.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
These talents are mostly aimed at either increase your damage, or increasing your survivability such that you can continue to damage. Tiger's Lust can also be picked over Chi Torpedo if you prefer, however we think the versatility of both the longer range, and movement speed buff from Chi Torpedo makes it somewhat stronger.
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Mistweaver Monks
Again, these recommendations are geared towards solo play, but for more information on the Covenant system, check out our Covenant page
|Venthyr||Nadjia the Mistblade||Nadjia Tree|
|Kyrian||Forgelite Prime Mikanikos||Mikanikos Tree|
|Night Fae||Korayn||Korayn Tree|
The focus of these recommended soulbinds and conduits is primarily on damage and crowd control. Most Potency conduits can be skipped, as our healing is enough to carry us through without the need for additional buffs.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Mistweaver Monks
Ancient Teachings of the Monastery should be the default selection for Torghast. The passive healing through DPS it provides means you will have to stop to heal less, increasing your DPS by proxy. Just be sure to trigger it while you are rounding up a group to kill.
Invoker's Delight has some synergy with Anima Powers that augment your celestials. Equally having a slightly weaker Bloodlust/ Heroism on a 3 minute cooldown can be useful for tackling stronger elite mobs.
Tear of Morning is strong for the same reason that Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is strong. It buffs your single target healing, such that you will need to heal yourself less, and can DPS more. The difference though is this legendary will require you to stop in order to make use of it.
For a more in-depth look at Mistweaver legendaries, check out our guide below!
Best Anima Powers for Mistweaver Monk
Anima Powers are the random buffs your character gains as they progress through Torghast. They are dropped by mobs, or purchased from vendors using Phantasma, a currency unique to Torghast. These powers you gain are stackable, and can synergize with one another, leading to unique and interesting builds with each run. It should be noted that Torghast is a Rogue-like system, meaning that after each run, your progress is reset; you do not get to keep the powers or Phantasma across multiple runs.
These powers are what make healers so strong in this content. We already have enough sustain to outlive most opponents, so picking up all the damaging powers you can will turn your character into an unkillable monster in many cases.
Below we will rank these Anima Powers based on generally how strong they are. Keep in mind that there are powers that are very weak on their own, that only become incredibly strong when mixed with other powers, or after reaching a certain stacking threshold. As such we will be rating them from S to C tier on the basis of how well they stack up on their own.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
The powers listed within each rank are in no particular order.
For a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the two pages below.
- Corrosive Dosage causes Vivify healing to deal 50% of its healing as damage to nearby enemies every second for 3 seconds. This power is incredibly strong. A single stack of this power will deal slightly less than the damage of a Spinning Crane Kick every second, while also not having a target cap. Meaning you can pull an enormous room, then spam heal yourself with Vivify, and watch as everything just rots at your feet. Since this power grants a 3-second buff, as long as your Health is in a good place, you can weave in a Spinning Crane Kick between Vivify casts for even more damage.
Any time you see this power, buy it. While in combat, maintain the buff at all times. At 0 Haste, you can cast two spells between each Vivify in while still keeping a 100% up time. This also double dips on targets hit. More targets, means more DPS, but also the buff is applied to more targets as well. Be sure to apply the buff to your teammates or Celestials in order to maximize your DPS.
Not listed here are the general Anima Powers. Keep in mind when looking for powers, any power that procs damage on hit is very desirable for Mistweavers. Between Spinning Crane Kick and all the extra Blackout Kicks from Shadowboxing Treads, we have a huge number of tools to get many chances to proc on-hit effects with a single GCD.
- Celestial Dynasty increases the duration of your celestials by 50% and summons them the first time you get into combat on any floor.
- Celestial Lasso turns your Spinning Crane Kick into a grab, allowing you to drag enemies, or interrupt spell casters.
- Constellation Star-Chart causes your invoke celestials to summon an additional random celestial.
- Feathers of a Hundred Flocks increases the damage and radius of Spinning Crane Kick by 25%.
- Shadowboxing Treads increases the damage of Blackout Kick by 50% and causes it to strike an additional 2 targets.
- Balancing Stave causes the Mastery bonus of Weapons of Order to also increase all your other secondary stats.
- Maw-Darkened Slippers causes you to shoot a bolt of energy at a nearby enemy whenever you jump or Roll while under the effects of Weapons of Order.
- Fading Memory Shards causes your Fallen Order adepts to explode for 500% attack power to everyone within 20 yards upon death.
- Corrosive Carbonation causes Bonedust Brew to deal 200% of Attack power every 1 sec to enemies disabled by crowd control.
- Bad Karma gives Provoke a 20% chance to cast Touch of Karma.
- Balance of the Ox causes your spells to increase your damage and decrease your movement speed by 20% for 6 seconds stacking up to 5 times. Movement abilties allow you to move freely for 6 seconds.
- Caught by the Dropkicks causes you to deal 50% more damage and take 15% less damage from targets whom have their spells or abilities interrupted by you by any means.
- Cloud of Feathers Decreases damage taken by you and your party by 10% while inside Spinning Crane Kick.
- Fatal Flying Guillotine causes Touch of Death to strike 4 additional targets.
- Tiger and Crane Figurines Crane Style increases your Mastery and Versatility by the total of your Critical Strike and Haste. Tiger Style increases your Critical Strike and Haste by the total of your Mastery and Versatility. Roll switches between Crane Style and Tiger Style.
- Scales of Order Weapons of Order also increases your Critical Strike chance, Haste, Versatility, Agility, Intellect, Movement Speed, Maximum Health, and Size by 42%.
- Tattered Teachings Fallen Order adepts last 100% longer.
- 36 Pressure Point Technique reduces the cooldown of Touch of Death by 36 seconds.
- Amplified Samples makes Tiger Palm apply an additional stack of Mystic Touch.
- Bottled Wind causes Roll to grant you a shield for 15% of your Health.
- Ever-tumbling Stone causes your Roll to now incur a cooldown for the for 30 seconds of a floor.
- Fortified Leg Braces reduces the cooldown of Leg Sweep by 5 seconds.
- Katamawri Rolling over Maw Rat corpses and Broken Phylacteries will reduce the damage you take by 2% for 30 seconds stacking up to 100 times.
- Stroke of Elegance cooldowns are reduced by 30 seconds, down to a minimum of 30 seconds. This affects very few of our abilities, seemingly at random.
- Technique of the Rushing Tiger increases the range of Tiger Palm by 5 yards, causing you to dash to your target, as well as striking an additional time.
- Whirling Stormgem Breaking an Ashen Phylactery increases your movement speed by 2% and Spinning Crane Kick damage by 2% for 20 sec, stacking up to 100 times.
- Celestial Weapon-Chains gives your spells a chance to proc Weapons of Order for 8 seconds.
- Forgotten Armor of Order causes Weapons of Order to increase your armor by 50%
- Haven's Breath causes your Phial of Serenity to reset the cooldown on Weapons of Order.
- Deep Reflection causes Fallen Order to summon an additional adept for 24 seconds.
- Bulging Brew increases the radius of Bonedust Brew by 150%
- Unfiltered Bone Broth causes Bonedust Brew's proc chance to be reduced to 3%, but now provides 1010% additional Shadow damage and healing.
- Fae Aftershock causes Faeline Stomp to deal its damage along your Faelines every 2 sec for 2 sec after opening
- Staggered Stomps Faeline Stomp has 4 additional maximum charges, and now gains a charge when its cooldown is reset.
Note that there are also Anima Powers that grant you access to additional talents. Seeing as how most of our talents are HPS increases, these Anima Powers should be avoided as much as possible.
- Deathtouched Brew causes Touch of Death damage to increase Fortifying Brew by an additional 5% maximum health.
- Hit Scheme causes Blackout Kick to increase the damage of Rising Sun Kick by 25% stacking up to 4 times.
- Rolling Tigers casts Tiger's Lust on all nearby targets whenever you cast Roll.
- Tumbling Rollstone grants Roll and additional charge.
- Wrist Wraps of the Zen Master causes targets afflicted by Mystic Touch to explode for 5% of their Health on death.
- Anima-Tinged Weapon Oil increases the Mastery gained from Weapons of Order by an additional 10%
- Bladed Knuckle-Punchers causes Tiger Palm to increase the Mastery bonus of Weapons of Order by 1% per hit.
- Dowsing Rod increases Faeline Stomp's range to 80, but it no longer branches.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch