Arcane Mage Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Arcane Mage before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as an Arcane Mage
On this page we will guide you on how to perform the best in Torghast, Tower of the Damned as a Arcane Mage. If you are looking for generic Torghast information, check out the pages below.
Best Setup for Torghast as an Arcane Mage
Best Talents for Torghast as an Arcane Mage
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Best Arcane Mage Anima Powers
During a Torghast run, you will be getting many different Anima Powers which you have to choose between. Below we have listed the relative strength of the desirable Anima Powers you can obtain on Torghast, so you can go through the list and find the option that is listed the highest when you have to make a decision. For a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the following pages.
It is worth noting, that some Anima Powers are not strong on their own, but become extremely potent combined with other Anima Powers. We will highlight this in the list below as well.
Lastly, a lot of Anima Powers let you pick between survivability, mobility, utility and damage. What you pick here largely comes down to personal preference and your playstyle, so do not be afraid to deviate from the list below.
"S" is best and "F" is worst.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Grisly Icicle (when not running Grisly Icicle
- Art of the Blinkmage (combined with Clouded Diamond
- Clouded Diamond (when combined with Art of the Blinkmage
- Highly-Polished Handmirror (when running Art of the Blinkmage + Clouded Diamond
- Seeker's Scroll (when combined with Runecloth Wrappings)
- Tundrid Phial (when combined with Grisly Icicle / Grisly Icicle)
- Maliced Rumination (when combined with Malevolence
- Chronomancer's Hourglass
A-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Gravity Dynamo
- Incanter's Ward (combined with Triune Ward or Triune Ward)
- Clouded Diamond
- Seeker's Scroll
- Runecloth Wrappings
- Highly-Polished Handmirror
- Resolute Medallion
- Scroll of Explosure
- Archmage's Invocation (pick Arcane Echo if you went Resonance)
- Spaceweaver's Thread (when combined with Clouded Diamond and not combined with Art of the Blinkmage)
- Maliced Rumination
B-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Art of the Blinkmage
- Tundrid Phial
- Eldritch Teachings
- Chaos Invitation (when running with a tank who can mass pull)
- Mad Wizard's Intellect
- Pandemonium Lens
- Triune Ward (when not running Triune Ward)
- Whizzard Hat
- Archmage's Cypher (pick Arcane Familiar if running Amplification
- Archmage's Legacy (pick Ice Ward if running Chrono Shift
- Archmage's Lesson (pick Rune of Power
- Archmage's Mythos (pick Arcane Orb if running Reverberate
- Wizard's Prayer
- Fae Concentration
- Fae Tendrils
C-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Bombardier's Etching
- Incanter's Ward (when not combined with Triune Ward or Triune Ward)
- Constellation Shield
- Echoes of Elisande
- Sapphire Prism
- Spellweaver's Mojo
- Wand Grease
- Archmage's Ultimatum
- Long-Forbidden Words
- Scroll of the Arcane Meditator
- Urael's Finality
- One With Death
- Fire Juggler
- Archmage's Gift
- Sorceror's Frozen Soul
D-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Arcanic Pulse Detector
- Chaos Invitation
- Dimensional Blade
- Maldo's Enchanted Cane
- Spaceweaver's Thread
- Timebreaker's Paradox
- Tome of Zoomancy
- Anima-Flecked Topaz
- Winged Curio
- Chilling Touch
- Power Overwhelming
F-Tier Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
- Bottled Tesseract
- Everwarm Socks
- Grisly Icicle (when running Grisly Icicle
- Polymorbid Rat Liver
- Timeweaver's Needle
- Touch of the Unseen
- Lingering Torments
- Infinite Power
Phantasma Anima Powers for Arcane Mage
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "B"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Arcane Mage Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Without any Anima Powers and without running Grisly Icicle, Arcane Mage struggles a lot in Torghast. However, there are some very strong Anima Power combinations that can make Torghast a breeze if you get lucky on these powers. Below we will first go over the playstyle without any big Anima Power combinations, and then in the section after that we will go over some combinations that are extremely strong and impact your playstyle significantly.
- If there are packs with 2 or more ranged / caster enemies, use Polymorph on one of them, and quickly nuke the other(s).
- Constantly use Prismatic Barrier against packs with casters/ranged enemies.
- Use Frost Nova as much as possible against melee enemies.
- Shimmer is very valuable to kite enemies, so make sure you use it often.
- Save Time Warp for the final boss of a floor.
- Greater Invisibility lets you reset a pack if you pulled too many mobs.
- Mirror Image will draw aggro from you, so make sure you use it on packs that have a lot of ranged/caster enemies to let them tank for you while you kill off the ranged/caster enemies.
Anima Power Playstyle Changes for Arcane Mage
Below we list some Anima Power combinations that greatly change how to approach Torghast and will make it much easier if you follow these playstyle changes.
Art of the Blinkmage + Clouded Diamond: This combination of Anima Powers makes it so your Blink (or Shimmer) has no cooldown and places down a Mirror Image. When you have both of these Anima Powers, you should be spamming Shimmer/Blink the entire time to spawn a crazy amount of Mirror Images. You will basically have an endless amount of Mirror Images that will draw aggro for you and damage enemies.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th