Restoration Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Restoration Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
After heading into Torghast, you will be able to create gear with Legendary Powers through the new Runecarving system. You can craft and upgrade multiple Legendaries, however you can only wear 1 at a time, so it is a good idea to find out which are the best and focus on upgrading those first. Below, we will go into detail about which are the best Legendary Powers to craft and why.
Best Legendaries for Restoration Druid
|Raiding: raid healing||Vision of Unending Growth||Head or Boots||Torghast (Fracture Chambers, Layer 3+)|
|Mythic+: pure healing||Verdant Infusion||Shoulders or Hands.||Oranomonos the Everbranching (World Boss)|
|Mythic+: damage-oriented||Circle of Life and Death||Head or Shoulders||Stone Legion Generals (Castle Nathria)|
|Torghast||Circle of Life and Death||Head or Shoulders||Stone Legion Generals (Castle Nathria)|
We will explain each choice in more detail later in the guide, but we can offer quick recommendations for each type of content.
Vision of Unending Growth is the best Legendary for a vast majority of raid bosses.
Verdant Infusion provides the highest healing in dungeon content, but adds zero damage. It will serve as a very good option for PvP. If you are looking for a more damage-oriented option for Mythic+ or Torghast, you should be using Circle of Life and Death.
Best Overall Legendary for Restoration Druid
If you are looking for a more well-rounded Legendary, you should craft Verdant Infusion as a decent option for both. It is used on some bosses as the first option, and it is the best Mythic+ and PvP legendary on top of that. You will lack some raid healing until you craft Vision of Unending Growth, but you will gain a lot of tank healing.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Restoration Druid
- Vision of Unending Growth provides the highest amount of throughput. It gives 2.5% per each full Rejuvenation tick, and partial ticks in the end add a chance proportional to their power. This ensures that there are no Haste breakpoints. The more Haste you have, the better this Legendary becomes. This Legendary makes Incarnation: Tree of Life a much better talent due to not only buffing Rejuvenation, but also by saving Mana that you can use on even more Rejuvenation casts throughout the fight. Germination still remains a bad talent for raiding, due to Flourish being too strong and the inability to realistically hit a "cap" on the amount of Rejuvenations you have on people.
- Verdant Infusion extends all HoTs on the target. This Legendary provides heavy tank healing, but basically locks you into Cenarion Ward and using Swiftmend on cooldown. It is a strong Legendary on a couple of bosses even though it provides exclusively single-target healing.
- Memory of the Mother Tree is not that far behind. The difference will depend on your Haste, the amount of Wild Growth casts, and the amount of Rejuvenation casts per minute. In most scenarios, Vision of Unending Growth will provide slightly higher amount of extra Rejuvenations, but the difference will be very small. Memory of the Mother Tree will be a superior Legendary in raid sizes of roughly 15 and smaller.
- The Dark Titan's Lesson has very good synergy with Photosynthesis. With this talent specced, the Legendary is actually quite strong. The unfortunate reality is that Flourish is too good for raid content and you will probably never spec out of it. Without Photosynthesis, this is a very mediocre Legendary throughput wise and makes you use too many global cooldowns on casting Lifebloom and Regrowth.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse every 45 seconds automatically casts Wild Growth (no form), Primal Wrath (Cat Form), Barkskin (Bear Form), Starfall (Moonkin Form), or Stampeding Roar (Travel Form) based on your form. The 45-second timer starts as soon as you pull the boss. You will always want to proc Wild Growth, but it might not line up with damage events. It is not far behind 2 best Legendaries theoretically, but timing of these Wild Growths makes it a lot weaker in reality.
- Circle of Life and Death makes your HoTs deal their healing in 15% less time. The damage portion is mostly useless in raids, so we will focus on the healing part. The way Restoration Druid works in raids is by concentrating large portion of healing into big damage events. With Circle of Life and Death you will have fewer HoTs to use Flourish on, and it does not inherently increase overall healing from them. The end result is that you are likely looking at an HPS loss with this Legendary. It is probably a better idea to use no Legendary than to equip this one in raid content.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Restoration Druid
Mythic+ generally involves more active damage participation from you and way fewer amount of targets to heal. This will affect Legendary selection.
Depending on the level of the key and affixes for the week, you may choose to switch up to a more healing-oriented Legendary, rather than those focused on doing more damage.
- Verdant Infusion is basically a tank-healing Legendary. You can extend Cenarion Ward twice if you use Swiftmend on cooldown. This provides very high healing to such an extent that you will not need to do much else to keep a tank alive, leading to a lot of free global cooldowns to use on damage or healing others. This is by far the best raw throughput Legendary for Mythic+.
- Circle of Life and Death's negatives in raids are reversed in Mythic+. Having HoTs do their healing in less time is actually a positive, since they are your most efficient healing spells and the amount of targets will not allow you to cast more than 5 of them. In heavy-healing scenarios, this results in a very minor HPS increase with faster delivery. The biggest portion of the value comes from DPS. Just like with HoTs, DoTs are your most efficient damage spells. Being able to cast more of them increases your damage significantly. You should pick this Legendary if you do not struggle with any healing checks.
- The Dark Titan's Lesson is another Legendary for pure healing. Both of the effects of Photosynthesis can work at the same time. This provides a substantial throughput increase, despite the 10% healing reduction on all parts of Lifebloom. The main downside of this Legendary is locking you out of Flourish if you decide to play it at some point.
- Memory of the Mother Tree is a very good throughput Legendary for Mythic+ with the added benefit of being able to use it on Regrowth. Extra Rejuvenations and Regrowths will not be affected by Soul of the Forest, Nature's Swiftness, or Flash of Clarity Conduit. Only one of Rejuvenation or Regrowth will. Memory of the Mother Tree and The Dark Titan's Lesson are both very close to each other in terms of healing power, but do a bit less than Verdant Infusion.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse can be a good DPS Legendary with Balance Affinity, but it is a bit unreliable with timings of the pulls. Avoid using it unless you have nothing else.
- Vision of Unending Growth is a terrible dungeon Legendary. You will only have 5 Rejuvenations up at any time, unless you spec Germination. Even with Vision of Unending Growth, Photosynthesis is still a better talent. Unless this is your only Legendary, do not use it.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Restoration Druid
Torghast Legendary choice will basically come down to picking your best damage power.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special Legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. It is great if you are really trying to push high into the Torghast layers, as the powers you can unlock are incredibly strong.
- Circle of Life and Death is the best Legendary otherwise. It provides you significant throughput increase as well as good damage increase with a lot of Anima powers.
- 01 May 2021: Updated Legendary recommendations for raiding.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated recommendations regarding Verdant Infusion, Circle of Life and Death, Memory of the Mother Tree, and The Dark Titan's Lesson.
- 15 Dec. 2020: Adjusted advice on raid and Mythic+ Legendaries.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added clarifications on Unending Growth and Mother Tree interactions with Soul of the Forest and Nature's Swiftness.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Clarification on Haste breakpoints for Vision of Unending Growth.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page created.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top