Restoration Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.2.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Restoration Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
After heading into Torghast, you will be able to create gear with Legendary Powers through the new Runecarving system. You can craft and upgrade multiple Legendaries, however you can only wear 1 at a time until Unity becomes available.
Below, we will go into detail about which are the best Legendary Powers to craft and why. Before you are able to use two Legendaries, you should use the first one recommended. After Unity becomes available, craft the second one.
There is no real best overall Legendary for Restoration Druids since you are supposed to play different Covenants in different content. At the very least you should have 2 Legendaries: one for Mythic+ and one for Raiding.
Best Legendaries for Restoration Druid
|Raiding||Vision of Unending Growth||Head, Legs, or Feet||Torghast. Fracture Chambers, Layer 3+|
|Mythic+ (Kyrian or Necrolord)||Circle of Life and Death||Head or Finger.||Vendor Rendle in Zereth Mortis.|
|>Mythic+ (Necrolord)||Draught of Deep Focus||Chest or Neck.||Quest: The Great Vault|
|Torghast||Draught of Deep Focus||Neck or Chest||Quest: The Great Vault|
We will explain each choice in more detail later in the guide, but we can offer quick recommendations for each type of content.
Unity Powers for Restoration Druid
Unity gives you a Legendary effect of your chosen Covenant. You have to use it as one of the two Legendaries. As such, your second Legendary choice will be dictated by the fact that your Covenant Legendary is essentially equipped already. These Covenant powers are:
- Celestial Spirits modifies your Convoke the Spirits. The cooldown is reduced to 1 minute, number of casts to 9, and cast time to 3 seconds. On top of this it increases the chance Convoke will cast Flourish. Convoke will proc Flourish 85% of the time in every set of two Convokes.
- Unbridled Swarm — Adaptive Swarm has a 60% chance to split into two Swarms each time it jumps.
- Sinful Hysteria — Each time Ravenous Frenzy is applied its duration is increased by 0.1 seconds. Additionally, Ravenous Frenzy lingers and will not overcome you for 3 sec after it ends.
- Kindred Affinity — You and your Kindred Spirits each gain a bonus secondary stat based on their Covenant. This bonus is halved for your partner, however both bonuses are doubled while the bond is Empowered. Kyrian: Mastery increased by 210. Night Fae: Haste increased by 6%. Venthyr: Critical Strike chance increased by 6%. Necrolord: Versatility increased by 6%.
At first, Unity will be only available on a Belt slot. You should not worry about slot conflicts with certain Legendaries until then. For example, both Kindred Affinity and Draught of Deep Focus can be crafted on a Neck slot, but once you are able to use both at the same time, Kindred Affinity will be on your Belt. Once you reach Revered with The Enlightened, Unity can be crafted on any slot you wish. There is not one best slot to craft this Legendary on. In some cases it might interfere with your tier or have conflicts with certain Leech pieces, especially for raiding. Another factor to keep in mind is that you might want Unity to have different stats for raiding and Mythic+. While it is best to have Haste and Mastery on your raiding one, Mastery is actually the worst stat for Mythic+. Over the course of the patch you are likely to craft multiple copies of this Legendary.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Restoration Druid
- Vision of Unending Growth provides a rather high amount of throughput. It gives 2.5% per each full Rejuvenation tick to generate a new Rejuvenation. Partial ticks in the end have a chance proportional to their power. This ensures that there are no Haste breakpoints. The more Haste you have, the better this Legendary becomes. Germination still remains a bad talent for raiding, due to Flourish being too strong.
- Verdant Infusion extends all HoTs on the target. This Legendary provides heavy tank healing, but basically locks you into Cenarion Ward and using Swiftmend on cooldown. It is a strong Legendary on a couple of bosses even though it provides exclusively single-target healing.
- Memory of the Mother Tree is not that far behind. In most scenarios, Vision of Unending Growth will provide slightly higher amount of extra Rejuvenations, especially after acquiring Restoration Druid 4-Piece since Soul of the Forest becomes the talent played on all bosses, cutting down your Wild Growth usage. Memory of the Mother Tree will be a superior Legendary in raid sizes of roughly 15 and smaller.
- The Dark Titan's Lesson has very good synergy with Photosynthesis. With this talent specced, the Legendary is actually quite strong. The unfortunate reality is that Flourish is too good for raid content and you will probably never spec out of it. Without Photosynthesis, this is a very mediocre Legendary throughput wise and makes you use too many global cooldowns on casting Lifebloom and Regrowth.
- Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse every 45 seconds automatically casts Wild Growth (no form), Primal Wrath (Cat Form), Barkskin (Bear Form), Starfall (Moonkin Form), or Stampeding Roar (Travel Form) based on your form. The 45-second timer starts as soon as you pull the boss. You will always want to proc Wild Growth, but it might not line up with damage events. It is not far behind 2 best Legendaries theoretically, but timing of these Wild Growths makes it a lot weaker in reality.
- Circle of Life and Death makes your HoTs deal their healing in 15% less time. The damage portion is mostly useless in raids, so we will focus on the healing part. The way Restoration Druid works in raids is by concentrating large portion of healing into big damage events. With Circle of Life and Death you will have fewer HoTs to use Flourish on, and it does not inherently increase overall healing from them. The end result is that you are likely looking at an HPS loss with this Legendary. It is probably a better idea to use no Legendary than to equip this one in raid content.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Restoration Druid
Mythic+ generally involves more active damage participation from you and way fewer amount of targets to heal. This will affect Legendary selection.
Depending on the level of the key and affixes for the week, you may choose to switch up to a more healing-oriented Legendary, rather than those focused on doing more damage. There are only 3 Legendaries that you should ever consider for Mythic+, the rest are way too far behind to even consider.
- Circle of Life and Death's negatives in raids are reversed in Mythic+. Having HoTs do their healing in less time is actually a positive, since they are your most efficient healing spells and the amount of targets will not allow you to cast more than 5 of them. This Legendary provides the highest amount of overall damage, allowing you to better utilize Sunfire and Moonfire.
- Draught of Deep Focus is a very strong Legendary for single-target damage with Feral Affinity. Overall it will improve your damage on bosses the most. Generally it can be equal to Circle of Life and Death in certain keys or groups, but it requires better execution.
- Verdant Infusion is basically a tank-healing Legendary. You can extend Cenarion Ward twice if you use Swiftmend on cooldown. This provides very high healing to such an extent that you will not need to do much else to keep a tank alive, leading to a lot of free global cooldowns to use on damage or healing others. This is by far the best raw throughput Legendary for Mythic+.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Restoration Druid
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 23 Apr. 2022: Updated Legendary recommendations.
- 18 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendations for Mythic+ and raiding based on recent hotfixes.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 21 May 2021: Fixed Circle of Life and Death possible crafting slot.
- 01 May 2021: Updated Legendary recommendations for raiding.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated recommendations regarding Verdant Infusion, Circle of Life and Death, Memory of the Mother Tree, and The Dark Titan's Lesson.
- 15 Dec. 2020: Adjusted advice on raid and Mythic+ Legendaries.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added clarifications on Unending Growth and Mother Tree interactions with Soul of the Forest and Nature's Swiftness.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Clarification on Haste breakpoints for Vision of Unending Growth.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page created.
- Patch 9.2.5 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Weeks 3 and 4
- Amazon Twitch Prime Rewards for WoW: Jewel of the Firelord
- Fourth Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Accepting Cross-Faction Invites Turns You Hostile to Everyone in PvP Brawls and Battlegrounds
- Level 70 Character Boost Coming in Wrath Classic?
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Beta Update 0.9.2
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 28th