Throne of the Tides Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Throne of the Tides dungeon in Season 3 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to increase your chance of completing the key. We will cover all 4 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the rest of the dungeons in Mythic+, please see our overviews linked below.
Getting into Throne of the Tides
Throne of the Tides is a max-level dungeon in Abyssal Depths, Vashj'ir. The dungeon is available in both Mythic and Mythic+ mode.
Throne of the Tides Layout
Notable Trash Before Lady Naz'Jar
- Important mob: Interrupt Naz'jar Spiritmender's Healing Wave, while stopping as many Wrath as possible. In addition, the mob will occasionally cast Hex to a random member of your party. It is extremely important to interrupt/stop the cast, and in case you can't, the alternative option is to Curse dispel it.
- Watch out for Naz'jar Sentinel's Crushing Depths debuff, as you can't dispel it. In addition, the mob will cast Shellbreaker to your tank, this can be dangerous if you have multiple mobs alongside the Naz'jar Sentinel.
- Naz'jar Invader will only melee attack and have a Slithering Assault buff that you can Purge.
- Important mob Vicious Snap Dragon will apply a stackable Bleed effect on your tank Razor Jaws. Use stun effects to try and reset the stacks or alternative "kite".
- Avoid Naz'jar Ravager's Volatile Bolt ground effect. In addition, avoid staying in the Acid Barrage frontal (it always goes on the tank); in case you do, use defensive cooldown on the follow-up Volatile Acid effect.
- Interrupt Naz'jar Tempest Witch's Lighting Bolt and dispel as many Lightning Surge debuffs as you can.
Lady Naz'Jar Boss Guide
Lady Naz'jar is a single-phase boss encounter with a 2 identical intermissions - Waterspout, starting at 60% and 30% HP remaining, summoning Naz'jar Tempest Witch, Naz'jar Honor Guard and Deep Sea Murloc. Throughout the fight, you must interrupt her Water Bolt and stay fairly loose during Focused Tempest channel cast. In addition, the boss will target a singular person with Shock Blast, after which you must get away from your party to avoid cleaving them with the follow-up Shock Orb effect. Waterspout intermission will end as soon as all adds are dead. At last, make sure you never stand on the Geyser ground effect. For a more detailed breakdown, read down below:
- Interrupt as many Water Bolt as you can.
- Stay slightly spread during Focused Tempest channel cast.
- If you get targeted by Shock Blast, make sure there are no other party members around you to make the follow-up Shock Orb effect easier to dodge.
- Avoid the Geyser ground effect.
- During the Waterspout intermission, your utmost priority is to interrupt the Naz'jar Tempest Witch's Frostbolt and use Purge / Dispel effects on Icy Veins buff. In addition, avoid staying in front of the Naz'jar Honor Guard's Trident Flurry frontal and use your Enrage dispels on the Slithering Assault aura.
- During Waterspout intermission, collect aggro on all adds (Naz'jar Tempest Witch, Naz'jar Honor Guard and Deep Sea Murloc) and do your best to stack them together. This will allow for better efficiency and faster intermissions.
- Keep everyone healthy during the Focused Tempest channel cast.
- Dispel Naz'jar Tempest Witch's Icy Veins to make the Waterspout intermission much easier to handle.
Commander Ulthok, the Festering Prince
Commander Ulthok, the Festering Prince Boss Guide
Commander Ulthok is a single-phase fight in which your main focus will be Bubbling Fissure placement and Bubbling Ooze management. In addition, your tank needs to watch out for Crushing Claw tank-buster ability while your healer keeps you alive during the Festering Shockwave damage-over-time effect. For a more detailed breakdown, read down below:
- Position Bubbling Fissure closer to each other to help you kite easier the incoming Bubbling Oozes. In addition, avoid staying in the ground pools at all costs.
- Pro tip: You can light of sight the Festering Shockwave damage-over-time effect.
- Use any crowd-control effects to help your team prevent Bubbling Oozes coming closer to you.
- Beware of Crushing Claw tank-buster ability.
- Use your major healing cooldowns during the Festering Shockwave knockback.
Notable Trash Before Mindbender Ghur'sha
- Beware of Faceless Watcher's Clenching Tentacles combined with Ground Pound. You have limited time to escape the smash, so be quick! In addition, Faceless Watcher will continuously cast Crush to your tank.
- Minion of Ghur'sha will continuously cast its unavoidable AoE damage Psionic Pulse (you can stun it).
- Interrupt Faceless Seer's Mind Flay.
Mindbender Ghur'sha Boss Guide
Mindbender Ghur'sha is a 2 Phase fight, in which you will be fighting Erunak Stonespeaker during Phase 1 and Mindbender Ghur'sha during Phase 2. In the first phase, all you have to do is Dispel Flame Shock, avoid stepping on a Earthfury ground puddle, and kill Stormflurry Totem as quickly as you can. Once you down Erunak Stonespeaker to 25% HP, Phase 2 will begin. During that time, line of sight the Mindbender Ghur'sha's Terrifying Vision while your healer prevents you from dying to Mind Rot. For a more detailed breakdown, read down below:
- Avoid staying in the Earthfury.
- Line of sight the Mindbender Ghur'sha's Terrifying Vision.
- Move Mindbender Ghur'sha closer to the Stormflurry Totem to enable your party to cleave.
- Dispel as many Flame Shock, as you can.
- Keep everyone healthy during the Mind Rot (final stage of the fight).
Notable Trash Before Ozumat
- Beware of Gilgoblin Hunter's Poisoned Spear (it prefers tank players). The Poison damage-over-time effect stacks and can be Poison dispelled.
- Interrupt Gilgoblin Aquamage's Aquablast.
- Be mindful when you engage several Unstable Corruptions, due to their Wave of Corruption stackable debuff. If you combine that with Tainted Sentry and its Swell heavy group-wide AoE ability, can be lethal depending on the Wave of Corruption stacks.
Ozumat Boss Guide
Ozumat consists of two phases - Phase 1: Filthy Invaders, fighting Ink of Ozumat, and Phase 2: Tidal Surge, fighting Ozumat . During Phase 1, your tank needs to pay attention to Foul Bolt single-target spell and Murk Spew frontal (it always goes on you, so position carefully to avoid unnecessary casualties). In addition, he will periodically cast @Blotting Barrage on3 players, followed by the Blotting Darkness ground effect. It is best if you position yourself further away from melee to allow for better Blotting Darkness management. The only way to get rid of the ground pools is if you go on top of them with Cleansing Flux (also cast on 3 players). Your healer must not only pay constant attention to people with Blotting Barrage but also keep you healthy during Putrid Roar damage-over-time effect. At last, Ozumat will periodically cast Deluge of Filth, summoning Splotch and Sludge (each of them having unique abilities). Once you defeat Ink of Ozumat, Phase 2 will begin by receiving a Tidal Surge to the whole party. At this stage of the fight, it is very unlikely that you will wipe , but just consider that the boss will damage the whole party with Raining Darkness.
- If you get the Blotting Barrage, do NOT stack together and instead, place the puddles close together. This is to ensure that there will be better Blotting Darkness ground effect management and easier time clearing them with Cleansing Flux.
- Once the adds appear, your priority is to interrupt Splotch's Ink Blast. In addition, beware that Sludge will apply Grimy debuff to your tank and trigger Gushing Ink explosion upon death (which will also cause their corpse to create Blotting Darkness).
- Be prepared to use mitigation for Foul Bolt.
- Beware how you manage the Murk Spew frontal to avoid causing any unnecessary death.
- Obtain aggro on both Splotch and Sludge and stack them under the Ink of Ozumat to enable better cleave.
- Be ready to use your healing cooldowns for Putrid Roar.
Throne of the Tides Loot Table
|1H Axe||Lightning Whelk Axe||Crit/Haste|
|Shield||Barnacled Shell Buckler||Crit/Mastery|
|Cloth Head||Aurelian Miter||Crit/Mastery|
|Leather Head||Old One Eye's Cowl||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Hands||Wrasse Handwraps||Crit/Mastery|
|Staff||Cerith Spire Staff||Crit/Haste|
|Leather Shoulder||Caridean Epaulets||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Shoulder||Harp Shell Pauldrons||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Chest||Chromis Chestpiece||Crit/Mastery|
|Plate Head||Anomuran Helm||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Waist||Stonespeaker's Spare Cinch||Crit/Mastery|
|Leather Boots||Decapod Slippers||Haste/Crit|
|2H Axe||Whitefin Axe||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Chest||Abalone Plate Armor||Haste/Mastery|
|Cloth Hands||Mnemiopsis Gloves||Crit/Haste|
|Leather Waist||Salty Shell-Studded Girdle||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Legs||Triton Legplates||Mastery/Crit|
|Trinket||Might of the Ocean||Crit|
Throne of the Tides Achievements
There are 3 total achievements to obtain in Throne of the Tides:
|Throne of the Tides||Defeat Ozumat in Throne of the Tides.|
|Heroic: Throne of the Tides||Defeat Ozumat in Throne of the Tides on Heroic difficulty or higher.|
|Keystone Hero: Throne of the Tides||Complete Throne of the Tides at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
- 06 Nov. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)