Beast Mastery Hunter Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Beast Mastery Hunter before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Beast Mastery Hunter in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated page below.
Best Beast Mastery Hunter Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Firstly, we recommend using a Ferocity pet as a Beast Mastery Hunter in Torghast for the Bloodlust and the self-healing abilities it provides.
|15||✓ Killer Instinct||? Animal Companion||✓ Dire Beast|
|25||✓ Scent of Blood||✗ One with the Pack||✗ Chimaera Shot|
|30||✓ Trailblazer||✓ Natural Mending||✓ Camouflage|
|35||✗ Spitting Cobra||✓ Thrill of the Hunt||✗ A Murder of Crows|
|40||✓ Born To Be Wild||✓ Posthaste||✓ Binding Shot|
|45||? Stomp||✓ Barrage||✗ Stampede|
|50||✓ Aspect of the Beast||✗ Killer Cobra||✗ Bloodshed|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✔ Killer Instinct||? Animal Companion||✔ Dire Beast|
Animal Companion is not preferred since it effectively reduces your Ferocity Pet's Leech Healing by 35%. Either of the other two options is better, but we prefer Killer Instinct for simplicity and ease of play.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✔ Scent of Blood||✘ One with the Pack||✘ Chimaera Shot|
Scent of Blood is the default pick here.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✔ Trailblazer||✔ Natural Mending||✔ Camouflage|
Generally speaking, we recommend using Natural Mending. It will allow you to use your Exhilaration self-heal much more often, which can save your life if you have made a mistake, or a very powerful spell has hit you.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✘ Spitting Cobra||✔ Thrill of the Hunt||✘ A Murder of Crows|
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✔ Born To Be Wild||✔ Posthaste||✔ Binding Shot|
This tier is mostly a question about mobility, survivability, or utility.
Generally, we recommend using Posthaste for the helpful movement speed boost, but if you are doing a very high-level Torghast Floor/Layer, then you might find Born To Be Wild more valuable, as it is more likely to save your life than Posthaste.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|? Stomp||✔ Barrage||✘ Stampede|
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Beast Mastery Hunter
|✔ Aspect of the Beast||✘ Killer Cobra||✘ Bloodshed|
Aspect of the Beast is the default choice here.
Best Beast Mastery Hunter Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will be met with a ton of different choices when it comes to Anima Powers. Choosing the right one can be difficult, so we have made a Tier List below that should help you make the decision on the fly. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
Do not follow this list blindly, though, as there is a lot of personal choice and preference involved in choosing your Anima Powers. If you never use Tar Trap in your playstyle, it would be silly to pick an Anima Power that increases its radius, for example.
As usual, "S" is best and "F" is worst.
If you want a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the pages linked below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Sigil of Skoldus
- Soulforge Embers
- Sling of the Unseen (Kyrian)
- Elethium Beacon
- Soulsteel Pinion
- Lens of Elchaver
A-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Acrobat's Razor
- Amplifying Mirror
- Cadaverous Cleats
- Chelonian Crest
- Necrotic Venom
- Deadsoul Aspect (Kyrian)
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when grouped)
- Super Soul Scope (Kyrian)
- Deathwire (Kyrian)
- Bag of Munitions (Necrolord)
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Elethium Lantern
- Elethium Weights
- Flame Jet
B-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Acrobat's Rations
- Petrified Pet Food
- Craven Strategem
- Deadeye Satchel
- Peltsman's Grit
- Piercing Scope
- Huntmaster's Gift
- Huntmaster's Mythos
- Huntmaster's Ultimatum
- Capsule of Pure Moonlight (Night Fae)
- Majestic Antler Fragment (Night Fae)
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Erratic Howler
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Veil
C-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Beaststalker's Signet
- Bag of Mawrat Eyes
- Bursting Tar
- Euphoria Emblem
- Fogged Crystal
- Forsworn Feather
- Deathdealer's Scope (Venthyr)
- Serrated Arrowhead (Venthyr)
- Pendulum of Impending Doom (Necrolord)
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Elethium Alembic
- Frostbite Wand
D-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Hateful Shard-Ring
- Hunter's Spoils
- Sticky Tar
- Stuffed on Mawrats
- Huntmaster's Cypher
- Huntmaster's Legacy
- Chakram Throwers (Necrolord)
- Glowing Pollen Satchel (Night Fae)
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Bottomless Chalice (Kyrian)
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Gaze of Death
E-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Bone Barbs
- Feline Femur
- Huntmaster's Invocation
- Huntmaster's Lesson
- Blood-soaked Bow String (Venthyr)
F-Tier Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
- Neural Pet Enhancer
- Scaredy Rat
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when solo)
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Elethium Muzzle
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Beast Mastery Hunter
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "C"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Beast Mastery Hunter Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Beast Mastery is one of the strongest Torghast specs and you should have an easier time than many other classes and specs. Below we have compiled some playstyle tips for you to use when you make it up the Layers and things get difficult.
- Use Misdirection on your pet constantly. Macro it in with your Barrage if you are using this talent to instantly gather a bunch of mobs around your pet.
- Use Line of Sight to your advantage. There are a lot of caster mobs in Torghast, and the Misdirection-Barrage strategy will not work if your pet is out in the open. If you want to be really efficient, manually place your pet around a corner outside the room before you do your Misdirection into Barrage and watch all the casters gather up for you.
- Use Binding Shot and Tar Trap aggressively. Your spec is only good at stacked AoE, so use your pet as a stacking point for mobs and use these crowd control abilities to keep them there. Plus, there are Anima Powers that vastly amplify these abilities, so it is good to get into the habit of using them.
- Remember that Exhilaration heals your pet for 100% of its health! You will use it more to heal your pet than yourself.
- Keybind and use Mend Pet often. Your pet is going to be squishy as Beast Mastery, so you want to help it wherever you can.
- Most importantly, take it slow. There is no timer in Torghast, the only thing limiting your advancement is dying, so do not die! Use Freezing Trap to get rid of high-health mobs temporarily, just be careful not to break your CC with Barrage immediately after.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Updated the Tier List location of the Amplifying Mirror Anima Power.
- 11 Dec. 2020: Updated the Tier List location of Soulsteen Pinion and Lens of Elchaver.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!